Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews

Must be chosen as a career.It is not a job ,it is service to the nation.While serving for the nation you build your career as well.And you are proud to be an Indian soldier.
Its not easy to join services with lot of competition and the service period is very long to get your pension. The promotion is slow and you work all these years.You can not plan anything while in service as you will be transferred after every 5 years.
Amazing experience beyond boundaries. Challenging career. An excellent opportunity to prove yourself. Proud to be a part of this organisation. After retirement benefits are helpful.
Joined in 2000 still at that time my salary was 3500 p/m ,but after almost 19 years its only 34,000...Wheares army ..And airforce..Railways employees are getting more then 50,000..Above..
Duties assigned in Indian Navy are very responsible and a hard if compare to others. The hardest part of the job is working hours and the most enjoyable part is positive working atmosphere
Amazing career and phenomenal learning experience. Very satisfying tenures of versatile nature. Learnt to handle high value resources under difficult circumstances and take real-time crucial decisions, despite constraints.
Pros
Overall Leadership Grooming
Cons
Career Growth prospects limited
I joined Navy in 2003 after completing my 10+2 . I got discharged on 31 July 2018 as I completed my initial engagement with Indian Navy . I was posted at various places like Mumbai , Chennai , Koch and Payyanur during my service in Indian Navy.
It was a Govenment job with all the benefits one can think in those days about45 years back.It taught me the table manners. Got different types of training . Gunnery, Communication, Torpedo antisubmarine and various other trainings in Naval Acadamy for two years.
Pros
Enormas benefits including first class travel etc.
Cons
In case of war you got to be ready for extremes.
I have loved every second working in the Navy serving my country. I have served with some of the best in the cadre and had the opportunity to be a part of a few humanitarian operations. Overall it was a good tenure.
To work in Indian Navy was a great experience. This organization helps me to work in ship as well as shore and developed my managerial skills. I worked as Petty Officer Electrical and undergone with many technical courses which helps me to perform tremendously in ship in all type of condition. I am really very glad to say that I was part of such a future oriented organization.
It is a part of armed forces. I have been part of the engineering team and I have worked on systems and equipment of ships and submarines. It is a disciplined job
As mentioned above. An force with intelligent man power. Give experience in various fields and train the sailor for various condition accordingly to their trades.
Pros
Honourful job
Cons
Staying away from family, less accommodation facility
This is the organization where one can serve hoti 57 years of age. Initial engagement is for 15 years. Recommended to continue with study and serve dedicatedly for 15 years and leave as per your convenience.
1. Results-driven, versatile, technically inclined professional, offering 4 years 4 months of comprehensive experience with Indian Navy. 2. Strong training foundation with incisive acumen in steering innovative plans and strategies for an organization with proven leadership at providing protective services, establishing physical security measures and directing safety operations. Great Experience of about 5 years in serving the Nation.
Indian navy as an organization make you a complete man.unknowingly you will be an efficient to handle all the situations and pressure in a skill full manner
Pros
Free lunch, additional perks, clothing, team work
Indian Navy makes my life perfect and settled. Its a great opportunity I have got to serve my country for 15 years. Hard life as well as good time in the service makes me learn lots.
Maintaing on board electrical equipment , challenge to meet the dead lines to finish the job in time under very pressure tight situations Exposure to international equipment and technology Oppurtunity to develop and implement induvidual ideas appreciation and encouragement for the good job done regular promotion based upon the performance Additional support courses in management in leader ship All facilities to support family and maintain the social status Developing a work culture and mind to work with all as a team member Leave and leave payments with proper regulations
Indian Navy once joined will mould you to a new person, who is capable of 1.facing any challenge without fear. 2. Winning any adverse situations with self confidence. 3. Offer himself before nation without a second thought. 4. Mastering the necessity of team work. 5. Understanding the nature of work and duty specification with planned training curriculum and job orientations.
It's my privilege to work in Indian Navy to servemy country. Well organised defence establishment. Enjoyed profesionally n personally. Learned life and supported throughout life.
Good environment, job security, every minute learning platform, good work culture, multi tasking job. Mentally tough and challenging with new opportunities
Management and service at its best. Every individual will get chance to see the world in a different perspective. Working on board ships are equally challenging and inspiring.
Pros
Professional, Service, Pride
Cons
No Cons
  1. Employee Reviews