Indian Overseas Bank

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Productive and good work place

Indian overseas bank has its own reputation for the excellent customer relationship it renders through the staff at almost all branches at the time of nationalisation it's rank is 7 out of 14 banks and it always pay good allowances to staff better than other nationalised banks

Pros

Good and better allowances

Cons

Work pressure

Very unhelpful management

The work is very fast paced and stresfull. Beware of the office politics and forget about the finishing times. My experience was not good at all. Unfair maternity policies.

I want strict administration.

It is a very good bank compare with other banks .I am really proud to say iam an iobian.i was very happy with IOB.if any one join in the bank it is a gift for them.there is no words to appreciate my IOB.

Best working environment

I enjoyed working there for the nearly five years. No pressure no stress I ever felt and I had the freedom to speak about my problems and issues. Getting transfer to a desired place was not so difficult. Wonderful working experience

good company

Indian overseas Bank is one of the Government bank leading in financial inclusion and financial services in the country.Learned about Credits/ Loans and customer satisfaction skills.

relaxed and uncompetetive

good place to work with . with exposure to all aspects of working. from legal knowledge ,to marketting, to team management, administration. management is just ok. work culture is very friendly. the hardest part of the job to satisfy everyone from branch staff to management. most enjoyable part is working with the people in a very friendly enhanses efficiency

Indian Overseas Bank is one of the Best Banks in the world. Bank is identified by personslised Good customers' service.

The founders of Indian Overseas Bank have given a strong base. The Bank is famous for its specilised customer's service. I served the Bank for 35 years.9 months. Good working culture is there. Here and there one may find some mischivous persons (including some high rank officers and executives). On the whole the staff is hard working and career oriented. Normally customer friendly. Good staff is the secreat of the tremondus growth of the Bank.

Job security

Job security is recommended at this Bank. Learning opportunities in terms of advance section is abundance.In terms of compensation ,its as per the industrial norms and it is good.

Government Job

Since I was just an intern I can give just a brief of working culture. There is no stress of targets. It is a public sector bank so there is no rushing by the management

productive and enjoyable

Working culture on IOB was very very good. All the staff member was very supportive. I was learn many things. I was observing all the activity. If i faced any difficulties I was contacted to senior and they are always ready for help.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Overseas Bank?

Don't go

Poorest PSB and worst HR culture. They give everyone same hike despite some are performing and others are not. Worst transfer policy. Other benefits are not at par with other psb

Excellent Bank to work

Excellent Bank to work, highly supported by management people, can maintain work life balance, happy vacation days, allowance & benefits are good, timely promotion.

Excellent

Indian overseas Bank is a excellent bank but here transfer policy is not good.In every 3years you have to move to new place . Overall it an excellent organization.

I wish if I can still.work with great institution.

Good experience as I had interactions with customers of our bank whom we could always rely and they were goodadvertisers for our excellent customer service.

Great work culture

Good management Currently looking for a job where I can get settled at good MNC company re allocation is also perfect for me and happy to work hard with great learning experience.

productive place with good work culture.

I worked at the Bank as a contractual job. Pros: Management Really helpful and understanding Cons: Communications issues :- Not to much information provided to employees

Good place to gain experience.

If you are looking for job security this is the place to work. Being a govt. bank there is a high sense of security among the employees. Not a good place to learn anything new.

Poor work culture

Employer doesnt even care or be passionate about the employee. Employer had reduced many allowances owing to Bad loan given by Top executives Always the ones with recommendation and union favorism is preferred by the Management

Competitive and learning environment

The staff was nice, they treated me as one of them. since it was an apprenticeship the pay was less and but hours was same as full-time employee. still i enjoyed working because it was my first work experience after school and got chance learn lots of new things.

Pros

nice work environment

Cons

less pay

Fun work Place

I am going to bank start my work.Talking to the customar.Every day met new people.My bank manager is good at me.And other staff is also good. They are very friendly.

Pros

Part Time

Pathetic

have never worked with such a pathetic organisation. no work ethics or work culture. Barring few,HR team is not at all helpful. CXOs are not at all concerned about the problems that people face in the field. Was committed Operations profile at the time of applying, nothing of the sort is being by most of the people who have been hired.No operations are being done by the staff hired Most of the times we are busy doing sales, roaming here and there in the scorching heat. Employees have not even been provided with basic amenities. Job involves lot of local travel to slums, jhuggies to organise account opening camps. Won't recommend anyone to join this organisation even if the salary offered is decent.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Pathetic Work Culture, No Learning at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indian Overseas Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Indian Overseas Bank
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?