Indian Overseas Bank

Indian Overseas Bank Employee Reviews

India106 reviews

indianoverseasbankingbranchtransfercreditserviceculture

A typical government job

Good place to work. But be ready for transfers always. Very good of joining as clerical. Not good for officers. Work depends on the branch you work. Good luck

Self growth is possible!

I joined the Bank in 1982 and found it nice and good place to work, learn and earn.I passed my C.A.I.I.B in 1989 and got three increments and an appreciation letter from the Regional Manager.I have taken Housing loan, vehicle loan etc.which were paid promptly and there is an excitement when you get your first House, vehicle etc.and I thank Indian Overseas Bank.I left the bank in 1994 for going abroad and had done some good jobs there but still the work culture, trainings I got etc.from Indian Overseas Bank are evergreen in my mind.

Indian Overseas Bank insights

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Productive and ability recognition work place

Overall I have good time during my work tenure with IOB. I was posted at different locations during my entire service in IOB. There is lot of competition in Banking industry and IOB is not an exception.

Very good work place

All fields are good I feel comfortable working with IOB Customer friendly atmosphere, management good , helping hands of seniors, experienced coworkers

Good bank Mixed culture Fun n cool place depending on the branch to branchWill get chance ti serve in urban rural and semi urban branches which add good experience

Stressed a d long working hours,frequent transfers

Learning is ok but overall work culture is very stressful. One person does 4 people work....very long working bhurs frequent transfers on promotions..

Psu bank

Good bank to grow with, just that it is state run Tamil Nadu bank so can be transferred to South India any time of your life. Otherwise a secure organisation to grow.

Productive and good work place

Indian overseas bank has its own reputation for the excellent customer relationship it renders through the staff at almost all branches at the time of nationalisation it's rank is 7 out of 14 banks and it always pay good allowances to staff better than other nationalised banks

Pros

Good and better allowances

Cons

Work pressure

Very unhelpful management

The work is very fast paced and stresfull. Beware of the office politics and forget about the finishing times. My experience was not good at all. Unfair maternity policies.

I want strict administration.

It is a very good bank compare with other banks .I am really proud to say iam an iobian.i was very happy with IOB.if any one join in the bank it is a gift for them.there is no words to appreciate my IOB.

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Overseas Bank?

Best working environment

I enjoyed working there for the nearly five years. No pressure no stress I ever felt and I had the freedom to speak about my problems and issues. Getting transfer to a desired place was not so difficult. Wonderful working experience

good company

Indian overseas Bank is one of the Government bank leading in financial inclusion and financial services in the country.Learned about Credits/ Loans and customer satisfaction skills.

relaxed and uncompetetive

good place to work with . with exposure to all aspects of working. from legal knowledge ,to marketting, to team management, administration. management is just ok. work culture is very friendly. the hardest part of the job to satisfy everyone from branch staff to management. most enjoyable part is working with the people in a very friendly enhanses efficiency

Indian Overseas Bank is one of the Best Banks in the world. Bank is identified by personslised Good customers' service.

The founders of Indian Overseas Bank have given a strong base. The Bank is famous for its specilised customer's service. I served the Bank for 35 years.9 months. Good working culture is there. Here and there one may find some mischivous persons (including some high rank officers and executives). On the whole the staff is hard working and career oriented. Normally customer friendly. Good staff is the secreat of the tremondus growth of the Bank.

Job security

Job security is recommended at this Bank. Learning opportunities in terms of advance section is abundance.In terms of compensation ,its as per the industrial norms and it is good.

Government Job

Since I was just an intern I can give just a brief of working culture. There is no stress of targets. It is a public sector bank so there is no rushing by the management

productive and enjoyable

Working culture on IOB was very very good. All the staff member was very supportive. I was learn many things. I was observing all the activity. If i faced any difficulties I was contacted to senior and they are always ready for help.

Don't go

Poorest PSB and worst HR culture. They give everyone same hike despite some are performing and others are not. Worst transfer policy. Other benefits are not at par with other psb

Excellent Bank to work

Excellent Bank to work, highly supported by management people, can maintain work life balance, happy vacation days, allowance & benefits are good, timely promotion.

Excellent

Indian overseas Bank is a excellent bank but here transfer policy is not good.In every 3years you have to move to new place . Overall it an excellent organization.

I wish if I can still.work with great institution.

Good experience as I had interactions with customers of our bank whom we could always rely and they were goodadvertisers for our excellent customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indian Overseas Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Indian Overseas Bank with