Indian Railways

Indian Railways Employee Reviews

Indian Railways forgot to adopt the contemporary management systems in all its functionality, whether it is operations, finances or quality. If I am right since 1990 there has been lots of management theories professed and practiced by the corporate sector throughout the world successfully. But as I see, Indian Railways missed that note in total. A typical day work is stereo typed and without variation over three or four decades. Management is not dynamic or innovative and simple monotony. Workplace culture is slackness among majority of staff and no zeal. The hardest part is few people strive to run the show. Most enjoyable part of the job is system is running normally.
Since working in Railways as a front line staff engaged in train operations it was full of activity , round the clock - 24x 7, for all 365 days in a year -an unique experience which can not be obtained anywhere else. It will provide you immense satisfaction because by working in transportation industry you are contributing in connecting the nation through moving the wheels of nation.
Pros
Job security, excellent work environment
Cons
performing night duty will be difficult in the initial days
Indian railway They are always ready to help and teach new things. One of the most amazing people I have interned with. I had a lot of experience in Indian railway, I got to learn a lot during my training, I had a great job in taking up my own safety and the safety of people with me.
Pros
30 minute
Cons
8 hours
We can create a best system which can be run in auto mode. The freedom of expression is not encouraged but suppressed. It depends upon the Leader of the Team. We can really do improve a lot .
1) Mechanical Engineering Department in Indian Railways is responsible for the manufacturing, maintenance (Division and Workshop) and operation of Carriage, Wagon and Locomotives etc. 2) Junior Engineer (Mechanical) (Workshop) will oversee periodic checking and maintenance of components of Locomotives, Coaches. 3) Creating a system of zero defects and zero deficiencies on rolling stock, all vehicle which rolls on track namely wagon, carriage, the locomotive is called rolling stock). 4) Junior Engineer especially of Carriage & Wagon is responsible for schedule inspection of carriage and wagon and monitoring of trial components.
I am currently working with Indian Railways it's a government organisation under Government of India but i want to switch my job as my better future. Job is good but i need to grow for my better future
I like this work . I wanna to do something for this country . I love to do railway job and I'm happy to your giving this opportunity for me it a good thing to do the job like this
IRCTC is a good place for those who want to increase education and they can manage both job and studies. But they will not pay you as per the market rate.
I Feel environment is good. Working way to present the thing is satisfied.
Get to know lots of thing in production like forging , rolling etc. And how overhauling of Diesel engine is done, moreover how the locomotives wheel is made.
Railway teaches us about their working.How all people work together.They teaches about the working of ther machines,how coaches ate made, electrical equipment and ther supply.
The training period all the function of working in railways and different structures in railway are learned. Daily traction maintenance half years logo maintenance are learn
Great people to work with who have a whole lot experience . They are always ready to help and teach new things. One of the most amazing people I have interned with.
Great work experience over there . It provides health benifits , job security , rebates on studies of child, traveling benifits , paid leaves , flexible working hours , safety , ergonomic devices
Pros
Paid leaves, health benifits, rebates on studies of child, health benifits
Mechanical Internship learned how to the railway coaches are maintained and how the service and repair is done. Had also done the analysis of air brake failure of a railway coach
Still outdated equipments is a big draw back and health hazardous is main issue t working place .hike in the salary could help to maintain today's expensive
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Health hazardous
If you people are more ambitious and try to find varieties in your carrier please go for something else. Otherwise, this is the perfect job that earns financial security, happiness from serving people. Good luck
Pros
Financial security
Cons
Boredom in our profession
I aM working as a Gas cutter At Indian Railway from last 12 yrs '& present I want change job & looking at Good company &good salary. I have a vast experience as a Gas cutter.
hi this job is very gud but not that type of gud means its a stressfull job here nd the management also pressurise the workers . no future for worker nd his family and alll .so in last its a tym pass job here . if we go on job with full interest then ots a amazing job but the administraion also pressurise so fed up.........
It was really good to know the in and outs of fundamental working of electrical distribution in Indian railways as an technical intern which was a new learning experience
  1. Employee Reviews