Indian Railways

India229 reviews

Indian Railways insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

New delhi

•Tickets collecter.• Commercial.• Goods management skills.• Work place for new delhi.•Hard working for job.• This job is injoy fully.•good knowledge for computer.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

8 hour

New work culture at all

If we talk about job security,Job secured for railway catering employees. But we are hired for contract basis ,So I cant say job is not secure.Its nice work place for people who loves to visit new places at every morning. Sometimes we need to go from one corner to another end of the country. So if you love to travel and know new environment and culture than join Indian railways.

Job work life balance

I will focus in my job I hope i will daily go to workThis job is very nyc job And this is my dream so I will try to work railway job the most enjoyable part of job is I love railway track so i will go to work

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

12 hours

Diesel locomotives workshop

Maintaining 150 diesel locomotives good working knowledge vary interesting job.and innovative solutions ways. Working as a diesel locomotives electrical technical support work and schedule testing and loadbox and parameters reading with trouble shooting.

Pros

Nil .only canteens provided forlunch

Cons

Only 8hrs .if works extera duty they may given over times by payments

Work environment and culture

Pan india network with a hiuge workforce of 14 lakhs. Career progression is assured with chances of reaching top management. Provides full care for self and family. Encourages community living.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Few weekends

Superb

Satisfied with work culture. Decent salary and other perks. Free travel pass to go out with family. Always get yearly bonuses. Early promotion. Preference in getting rail tickets

Higher proportion of the staff are unproductive and no zeal to accomplish their responsibilities qualitaivelyheir responsi

Indian Railways forgot to adopt the contemporary management systems in all its functionality, whether it is operations, finances or quality. If I am right since 1990 there has been lots of management theories professed and practiced by the corporate sector throughout the world successfully. But as I see, Indian Railways missed that note in total. A typical day work is stereo typed and without variation over three or four decades. Management is not dynamic or innovative and simple monotony. Workplace culture is slackness among majority of staff and no zeal. The hardest part is few people strive to run the show. Most enjoyable part of the job is system is running normally.

Challenging at the same time enjoyable

Since working in Railways as a front line staff engaged in train operations it was full of activity , round the clock - 24x 7, for all 365 days in a year -an unique experience which can not be obtained anywhere else. It will provide you immense satisfaction because by working in transportation industry you are contributing in connecting the nation through moving the wheels of nation.

Pros

Job security, excellent work environment

Cons

performing night duty will be difficult in the initial days

Indian Railway

Indian railway They are always ready to help and teach new things. One of the most amazing people I have interned with. I had a lot of experience in Indian railway, I got to learn a lot during my training, I had a great job in taking up my own safety and the safety of people with me.

Pros

30 minute

Cons

8 hours

It's Productive can improve a lot

We can create a best system which can be run in auto mode. The freedom of expression is not encouraged but suppressed. It depends upon the Leader of the Team. We can really do improve a lot .

Group D employees cause issues at workplace, else good.

1) Mechanical Engineering Department in Indian Railways is responsible for the manufacturing, maintenance (Division and Workshop) and operation of Carriage, Wagon and Locomotives etc. 2) Junior Engineer (Mechanical) (Workshop) will oversee periodic checking and maintenance of components of Locomotives, Coaches. 3) Creating a system of zero defects and zero deficiencies on rolling stock, all vehicle which rolls on track namely wagon, carriage, the locomotive is called rolling stock). 4) Junior Engineer especially of Carriage & Wagon is responsible for schedule inspection of carriage and wagon and monitoring of trial components.

Overall good but need some growth for better future

I am currently working with Indian Railways it's a government organisation under Government of India but i want to switch my job as my better future. Job is good but i need to grow for my better future

I like to work in this particular department

I like this work . I wanna to do something for this country . I love to do railway job and I'm happy to your giving this opportunity for me it a good thing to do the job like this

Good place for work and life balance

IRCTC is a good place for those who want to increase education and they can manage both job and studies. But they will not pay you as per the market rate.

good environment

I Feel environment is good. Working way to present the thing is satisfied.

A good place to work

Get to know lots of thing in production like forging , rolling etc. And how overhauling of Diesel engine is done, moreover how the locomotives wheel is made.

Good

Railway teaches us about their working.How all people work together.They teaches about the working of ther machines,how coaches ate made, electrical equipment and ther supply.

Function of operating system

The training period all the function of working in railways and different structures in railway are learned. Daily traction maintenance half years logo maintenance are learn

Great place for learning

Great people to work with who have a whole lot experience . They are always ready to help and teach new things. One of the most amazing people I have interned with.

Working hard

This was good but due to migration of family shifted to USA

Great work experience over there . It provides health benifits , job security , rebates on studies of child, traveling benifits , paid leaves , flexible working hours , safety , ergonomic devices

Pros

Paid leaves, health benifits, rebates on studies of child, health benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indian Railways. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3