Indian Space Research Organization

Indian Space Research Organization Employee Reviews in Ahmedabad, Gujarat

he Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India and has its headquarters in the city of Bengaluru. Its vision is to "harness space technology for national development while pursuing space science research & planetary exploration". Wikiped very Good
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Sort Hour
I was embedded trainee engineer at sac-isro. Interfaced controller with sensor ex. Accelerometer. Interfacing done by i2c or spi protocols. I also worked with fpga kit.
Pros
Guide gives good direction or suggestions related to project
Cons
Less no. of working hours
A typical day starts at 9. Workplace culture is all work oriented. Quality of day to day work largely depends on upper level hierarchy, but mostly its worth investing time and knowledge.
ISRO is a wonderful place to work at. The team was supportive and it was fun working with them. they help in knowing the system and getting used to it.
Pros
music available everytime
Cons
strict rules
-Good Working Environment,Learn new Things,Co-Working is very Friendly. also provide good food in canting. every Saturday-Sunday holiday.
Pros
Learning New things
Cons
Contract base job, Job security
Having work at qualty assurance componenet depaartment,which is responsible for screening of component for flight use.I have learn screening components,
Very good work environment mostly fair chance of promotion Do not have proper managers got the chance to work as Manager good pay master 5 days a week culture bosses are easy to be approached learned a lot about 'SPACE SCIENCE" management is not aware of the role of media...very sad part
Pros
Pros: performance base increment
Cons
Cons: 24 hr job, while on project
Nice experience after working there. Learned everyday something new. working & management was good. its one of the good organization.
There is no time limit ..u have to work any time when needed. I learned about many types of software that controls the payload. I also learned about management. To controlling the payload using software..is a tough work...because a small mistake can harm the payload.
Pros
free dinner, snacks, sweets, and controlling big payload.
Cons
long hours, many times error while acquiring the data.
Superb atmosphere for a youngster who equally give importance to the personal, financial and organizational growth. Priceless industrial experience for a post graduate student.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Space Research Organization?
Good security cover for all people working. Good research environment and healthy relations with other people. People are good and helpful and also has big pool of books.
Pros
Free papers
Cons
Less Salary
In SAC campus that is very Nice Place and Environment is Good.and staff is also good.. I working in SAC as Clerikal work and after i handle the ftp server. and now at that time i designated as FMS Engineer..
Pros
No free launch
Cons
Long hours and time to time.
I worked as a software engineer. I learned technical, scientific and management skills during these 2.5 years of professional experience. INSAT-3D satellite launch is the most memorable part of my job. I was a part of great team ever. They always motivated and inspired me to do something new and unique in tough and competitive market. During those 3 month, I contributed a lot to complete my applications within deadline which helped scientist to improve image quality.
For my final year project of ME, my collage send me to ISRO for internship. There is totally new environment. All the scientist are highly qualified and helpful to trainees. Our division works on broadcasting and multimedia services of GSAT6. My project title is "Design and Implementation of TSEMAC, UDP Mapper and Router on FPGA. There is also some pressure but we get new experience for working in such environment.
work culture is good friendly timings saturday sunday off knowledgable environment
Organisation's environment leads to maximize its employee's capacities.
Pros
Resources
deals with the spatial data , SAC(space application center) , ISRO
- Prepared Power Supply for Laser gun - Able to work with team of Power electronics engineers - Reported to Senior engineer weekly
It's Very good to work there. i learned a lot of things like CNC and all type of conventional machines. Programming modelling and Drafting. Good environment and nature of person is good. The hardest part is maintaining the accuracy.
Usage of various automated / semi-automated instruments (FG, Scopes, DMM, Power Supply, signal analyzer, DAQ etc.).  Virtual software control of H/W units, detailed testing of hard (component level to package level).  Software installation for instruments (e. g. Lab View, HPBasic, inst. Specific). Preparation of fabrication details and work flow for hardware development. I carried out Apprentice at Space Applications Centre in Front End Electronics Division for various Indian remote sensing projects for space (Resource identifying satellite electronics, high Quality Electronics, etc.) : • Card Fabrication details preparations, components procurements, card wiring, finalization of values of design variables, set up preparations, harness developments, detailed testing of various parameters of cards / packages, results compilations, results verifications etc. • I worked for some electronics designs like 12k Clock Driver card, 12k Bias detector, general purpose load simulator test bench, Serializer – Deserializer card, video processor & timing logic cards for different detector types. • Also carried out Pspice based simulations of design. • Assisted in environmental test and evaluation of various flight model packages. • Moreover, also assisted in components inventory management, lab arrangements.
Enjoyable environment innovative work Different job duties which i have learn:  Design /Drawing Review:  Calibration of Tools and Equipments :  Material Properties Test: UTS, YS and Hardness.  Non destructive testing: UT, RT, MT & PT  Final Product Inspection: Visual, Dimensional & surface treatment inspection  Environmental testing: Vibration test.  Documentation and Audit :