Indira Gandhi National Open University

Indira Gandhi National Open University Employee Reviews

Fun work place

Indira Gandhi National Open University is Govt organisation. I have worked there as a senior consultant. Working environment was supported and encouraged by the seniors.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

No extra charge had been provided by the institutional

Productive and competitive

Limited students but with varied age groups and good teaching learning process. Work is in good atmosphere. Students are so enthusiastic and good at lecturers.

Very good in all aspects

I have been working as an Assistant Regional Director in IGNOU, I was learn so many things and it was implemented in gross root level. IGNOU main Moto is reaching the unreached, Quality Education at your door step. IGNOU has excellent work culture and the "Best Educational Institution in World".

Pros

Excellent

Cons

Tight Schedules

Good working place and good salary

It was good working place and they provide good salary. Worked there 5 years. It was center government job so got many facilities like p.F esi . Worked there and enjoyed but it was contract base work after 5 years contract didn't got renew so we were asked to search for another job. But I enjoyed working there

Nice work place

The work place is nice but salary package is low. The behaviour of every person is good, it is very nice place to do work. The fee criteria is low for students so they can easily join the different courses here.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Low salary

Great fun!!

As long as it lasted it was great fun!! Also learnt a lot from the seniors and the others around. Did it part time. Also a little money did not hurt anyone !!

Pros

Part time

Cons

Not much money

easy-going and tension free job

It's purely part time job I do. As a post-retirement assignment I find this job quite satisfactory. For a person looking for full time engagement this is not a good option.

Pros

for a retired person it's encouraging

Cons

for a person looking for adequate salary it's not the right choice

Nutrition Educator

I only worked part-time on guest lecturer basis for two years. It was good. work culture was collaborative and calm. I had to leave the job because of relocation.

Part time job

Only on sundays the classes are held and we enjoy a lot with our students who are willing to learn and have come from far off places only to attend the class.The hardest part of the job is when the students do not receive their study material.Its very tough to find out the current year assignments and how to go about it

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Classes happen only on sundays.

Good experience, learned many things

Working with ignou had gave me good experience. The hardest part of the job was to complete certain work under dateline that was given too short period.

Productive and fun workplace

Really working in IGNOU was a very great experience, every thing in that Institution was perfect, I wish to work in IGNOU Regional Centre Guwahati, its been a honor working in IGNOU.

Pros

Increment after every 6 months

Cons

Less job security

Productive and Fun workplace

ERP (People soft/Oracle) was implemented when I joined IGNOU and we were the team of People soft from the side of IGNOU. We worked with TCS team and provide functional training to IGNOU's all other employees.

Big Company and Great Environment

Challenging work Great environment to work Motivating and encouraging team leaders Management is also good Great company for freshers to learn and grow

busy throughout the working hour

Working in ignou allows one to get exposed to many new subjects , also intersecting with candidates regarding their wueiry and solving it makes one busy throughout the day.

An Apex Body for Distance Learning in India

It is an apex body for distance learning in India and offers various courses in India and abroad. It comes under the ministry of human resources of Government of India

Pros

A repute center for DL

Cons

Yet to cover nationally

Intersting workplace

1.enhanced skills and knowledge 2.supportive management 3.most enjoyable work 4. learn different methods of increasing work performance 5. loving atmosphere

Pros

supportive staff

Cons

sometimes work overload

Good

Overall, a very good experience working with the team.Got to study more about the office and the system followed in an Govt. office. The staff was very much coordinating and helping each other.

Pros

weekends leave

Cons

Long hrs

IGNOU center is for BCA and CIT classes mostly on SAT and SUN with excellent education record.

IGNOU is established by the Act of Parliament 1985 of Govt. Of India. It has over 3million students. Our is the programme Study Centre IGNOU 0763P for the graduation course BCA and IT certificate course CIT which are internationally recognised. Working in IGNOU is for persons interested in social working for educating Indian students by Open and Distance education. Our centre is under IRMED, a NGO at Delhi. The centre is known for it's quality education and dedication towards students. I am proud to be a part of this Centre.

Pros

Works on sat and sunday.

Cons

At a very low monthly salary like 4, 500 pm.

good place

It was good experience with ACS. My co-workers are very appreciating and supportive. I have learned lots of patience and attention to detail.

Pros

enhance my knowledge

Cons

no scope for promotion

silence workplace

extra skills medical coding (icd 10) I like to do medical coding. I am doing part time job in IGNOU. I am a hard worker. I am experienced at computer. exam time.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

less hours

Project trainee

I was just a project trainee at this work place. We were working in a group of 4 people and i was leading the team. It was a great experience working with knowledgable people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indira Gandhi National Open University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2