Industrial Scientific Corporation

Industrial Scientific Corporation Employee Reviews

During my time at the company it was an amazing place to be. MOST managers cared for the employees, coworkers were amazing. your starting PTO was good + holidays. OT was always available, but almost never mandatory. and you felt like you could be a part of something. The CEO was approachable with anything, complaints included. The guy would even come down on your birthday(or the day after if you took it off) to shake your hand. You were also able to make changes to your job without going thru a manager with the kaizen program, as long as you could prove the change was beneficial. The company practically begged you to do it too, as they knew YOU knew your job best and how to make it efficient. how many companies can say that?!Unfortunately the company was purchased by a larger conglomerate, and they began muddling in the business and slowly the place started to go downhill.
Pros
amazing subsidized lunches, excellent PTO to start, actual control with your job
Cons
healthcare was subpar. starting wages were low but had ways to get raises beyond the yearly increase, job security isn't what it used to be
Great place to work. My work week was 4-10 shifts with Fridays off. A typical day at work is to follow FIFO, (first in first out). Diagnose and repair life saving instruments in a fast pace environment. Management is awesome they treat you with respect. Co-workers are friendly and eager to help you. The hardest part about the job is learning all the product lines. I enjoyed diagnosing the instruments the most.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Pay
Great overall place to work. Good benefits and wage, great culture. Nice to know that your are saving lives with gas detector production. I worked with some great employees as well. Industrial Scientific gave me a great start in manufacturing, and although it didn't work out with me, I will always appreciate the experience I gained and the great time I had working there.
Pros
Maufacturing had fridays and weekends off, three breaks a day, and great benefits once hired.
Cons
Like any business some managers weren't as great, had to stand all day for 10 hours
The best company for which I ever worked. The owners are wonderful men of excellent character with great integrity. The work environment is clean and professional, even in the production areas. They hold an "employee first" philosophy, meaning they really care about the employees and their families. Though they won't be pushed around, they believe in mutual respect. They offer many programs and opportunities for employees to further themselves, both educationally and professionally. Even children of employees have entered internships there, while on break from college. I cannot say enough good things about this company. I would go back in a heartbeat.