International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology

International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Employee Reviews

An institute with lots of different laboratories allows one to understand and use different techniques of life sciences with fine and very experienced project leaders.
Too stressful to work at ICGEB New Delhi. No job security. But salary will be paid on time. Choose your guide after total research about him/her. Good luck.
It's an international lab and purely based on research work. Those who are interested in research carrier can opt for it. Many international conferences and workshop occurs which gives an exposure to know all those scientific areas where current research is going on.
Pros
environment is green
Cons
The place has a complete academic environment, we were not expected to be sitting at our workbench for full day, we could use library to read and think, we had common rooms and auditorium to have group discussions. We had the liberty to schedule our task at our will in our own way, the only pressure was to meet the deadline with 100 % accuracy.
Each working day at ICGEB is of immense fun, enthusiasm and highly productive. i get to learn a lot here. Meeting new challenges and accomplishing them with wonderful seniors, colleagues and guides.
Pros
best working hours with weekend off.
ICGEB is a place where one can improve their knowledge and gain a lot. And it's the place where one can utilise their ideas. I learnt many immunological techniques like: ELISA, ELISPOT, Mouse Handling, Surface and Intracellular staining of cells, Spleen and Inguinal lymphnode isolation from mouse, Whole blood processing, PBMC isolation etc., Lab infrastructure was very well established. Colleagues were so co-operative. It was very nice experience working at ICGEB.
A really good place to be if in field of research. I gained experience in various areas of research. A open environment for research here makes it to be full of fun and enthusiasm.