ITC Hotels logo
ITC Hotels

ITC Hotels Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Good

Everything is great in working with this hotel, only thing is that they are not increasing staff and if they increase also staff doesn't last to work for them and the working hours is very long and you are not going to get any preference for your off , otherwise the company is big and very good for guests.

Good company

ITC Grand Chola is good 5start hotel To work. Special who want start career in hospitality industry. It's a very big hotel here lot think is to learn.

Good hotel and good management

Hotel is good, looking so nice. Lots of facility are there. There carry in the people so good. Company is given lots benefits in the staff. Free accommodation and food, welcome achievers points.

Pros

Festival time some all things free

Cons

Great place for people who love hospitality

If you want a career in hospitality then this is the place to be. Good management and great ambiance to work at. If you are hardworking they will place you in higher place.

it was good

its was a good experience. the management was really good.they prove high quality service to the guest. they think about the staff also.its a good hotel.

I have really enjoyed my work in ITC. It's help me to improve my knowledge also. And I have started eating more after joining this company. This help me to improve my health also.

Productive and fun place

Productive and fun place. Was fun working with a very talented. Team. Got to interact with several people from all castes and Creed. My management was very helpful and cooperative.

it's not bad

As a GSA my experience was good. salaries at this position was very poor.Monthly they use to give 4 offs,but other hotels are giving 6 offs per month.

Pros

food

Cons

tea breaks

Hotel is situated in the commercial hub !!!

Location is very nice, Easy to reach & convenient for staff stay near by. Management is average, Staff facilities are also okay not bad. Hotel is very good, But its a very old property so lots of old staff is their.

work enivorment

its was fun working friendly understanding you can learn more and everybody are down to earth enjoyed working with them great team managers teach alot all are caring

Pros

everything is good

Cons

uniform is not clean

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ITC Hotels?

Great opportunity to work with such a great organization

Nice place to work and you can enjoy when you are working. All staffs are so cooperative and works to achieve each and every guest would have a memorable stay.

Fun work place

I had a very good experience to work with these companies. Very helpful management and colleagues. My designations helped me to be a vital role in these organizations. I was able to gain knowledge about various streams of works.

First Step

Starting point for my career in Hotel industry Amazing hotel Perfect place to learn ethics about hospitality Team work, Leadership skills developed at its best

fun place for wrok

Excellent place for work . good teem . good growth . excellent people . issue is the locality . if it was out side Chennai , there would not have any cons

I got nice experience when i handled table the group of 30 to 40

I used to work mostly evening shift. I learnt more about food & beverage. Management is the best encourage part of the hotel. The hardest part of my job when I handle alone the group.

Pros

Free breakfast lunch and dinner.

Overall gud experience

Nice company to work with working At hotel industry makes you strong and smart enough to face guest problem solving and makes you strong to face the toughness faced outside this world.

Pros

Free 3 time meals

Cons

Long working hours

It was really fun working as you get to learn many things.

• Handling the entire process of reservation, Cashiering, Reception • Looking after for the Emails with proper follow up. • Coordinating with Sales team to maximize the room revenue and selling the category wise room inventory keeping in view all market segments. • Ensures that all VIP requests are handled appropriately • To check the daily revenue reports. • Controls rate availability and inventory of room on various distribution channels. • Responsible for managing different extranets like Expedia,Starlink,Starguest etc • Handling the check in and check out of the guests • Handling the guest complaints and requests • Managing the room inventory on sold out dates . • Providing the ‘WOW’ experience to the guest.

Pros

Lot Learning I got from this Hotel

Cons

I was on Fixed Term Contract

Overall rating would be 3/5.

Feedback from employees should be taken on yearly basis about the reporting person. Employee satisfaction should be tracked wrt different parameters.

Pros

Very good mediclaim policy

Cons

Long working hours

its always help me

Good learning atmosphere in order to keep the knowledge updates & learning methodology in periodic time schedule. Superiors are flexible & good at helping out in dealing with difficulties & hardship.The BEST place and organisation to work , it teaches you everything , amazing work environment , exceptional culture , amazing colleagues , it will always remain as the only organisation which makes you complete manager .Every activity interact with new situations nice enjoy the challenge There is freedom available to be enjoyed trying new ways.

Pros

Learning and sharing good work culture

Cons

No work life balance no time for family

Highly demotivating

highly demotivating place to work, nothing to learn nor given any opportunity to improve system. the hardest part is that you have to work with same people and live with same people and all you have work as life forever.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

extended shift hours

Productive and Friendly environment workplace

Taking banquet orders from customers through phone calls or from walk in customers and send customised proposals. I was responsible for assigning work to my team members (A group of 4) and help them close deals. I coordinate with other departments (Food & Beverage, Finance and Banquet Operations) on a daily basis with regard to the banquet events, My sales skills has improved to a great extent through this job. Unlike my all the other colleagues, though I didn't have a hotel industry background while joining, I was still able to cope up with work with the help of regular trainings conducted by the management and very importantly, the support I always received from my co-workers as well as my managers. The hardest part is where I had to stay at work long hours. As it was a service industry, there were times I used to get phone calls even during the middle of the night. It can get very tiring at times. And the most enjoyable part was where I can meet different kinds of people everyday from all across the globe. As this is a well known five star deluxe property and it has the largest pillarless banquet hall in Asia, I got the chance to interact with a lot of celebrities as well. It helped me understand the different ways of how to carry out a business deal.

Pros

ITC provides free lunches. Fun filled activities or games conducted during lunch hours by HR

Cons

Long hours ( Sometimes more than 12 hours a day)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ITC Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2