ITC Limited

ITC Limited Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Best companies have always had a strong emphasis on internal workplace culture, the result of which is a strong team who shared common sets of valves. On a personal level, I have benefited from the belief of my manager and the freedom to find areas where I can add most valve. I have never lacked when wanting to do things the right way.
A great place to work with. My learning curve at this company has been very steep.During my association with the company, got opportunity to have exposure of various areas like Retail, Projects, Insurance, & Commodity business.
This is a place where attention to detail is high. One gets to learn to focus on Stakeholder management at a very early stage of his career. A lot of responsibilities is given at every levels of work.
Pros
Systematic, professional, ethical, trustworthy
Cons
No work life balance, bureaucratic, responsiblity without authority
Best place to start one's careers. Better than the best management, best place to initiate, lead and be mentored. great leadership team, thought out processes.
Day starts with Safety Talk, Later JH activity in respective areas. Discussing the earlier day problems and then visual check of the respective areas and inspection round of the running equipment. Later to the routine of maintenance jobs repair of spares preparation for next shut down. Any abnormalities observed during rounds, rectification plan of the same.
Pros
Social Gatherings, Freedom at work
Cons
Long hours of work
Day starts with a brief morning meeting between all departments about planning for the day and reviewing of yesterday's work. My role involves in planning for the purchase of Packaging Materials for which I am supported by a Executive. The other aspect of my job is Packaging Development. Packaging for FMCG is treated like a marketing tool because it is the last connect between the company and the consumer, therefore it is vey dynamic and the packaging keeps on changing or improving. Still into learning phase but can proudly say that I have thorough understanding of all the packaging materials that are used by FMCG and Pharmaceutical segment.
Pros
Brand ITC
Cons
Decision making is slow