JMI

JMI Employee Reviews

Growth

As long as you work hard you can Advance and grow within the company pay raises and benefits good work environment right people and always room for improvement

Pros

Growth in the company, understanding about taking time off, Friendly working Environment and great people

Cons

No overtime

If you are looking for a company where you can make a difference, be profitable, and have freedom of scheduled time. Jmi Reports is the place to be.

Pros

No supervisor micro managing you, pay is about 20.00 or more per hour if you are organized and on top of your work.

Deplorable work conditions

This company will train you into thinking you can make money working for them. Don’t be fooled you cannot make minimum wage and they promise to pay mileage but they never do. They will abuse you and laugh about it. These people are predators.

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Too many to list

Run away

Complete and utter failure of leadership. Too many chiefs, nobody takes responsibility but everyone is an expert. Insane micromanaging good ol boy trust no one. Horrible

Cons

Under paid. No work. Horrible management.

I was promised after 3 months a raise. Never got one. The ladies in the office had the worse attitudes. They were always trying to find something wrong with you were doing. Work slows down bad also. Went from working everyday to like 4 hours a week.

Pros

Sometimes on the road.

Cons

Office workers treated you bad.

Accounting is setup for failure

Accounting management has zero clue. Operations and accounting are not on the same page and lacking cooperation. Accounting management is vocally and disparaging of PM’s.

Jmi

The coworkers I have at jmi act as a team and work as a team if anyone needs help you can always ask we always have 40 hours for the week unless it rains

Independent work with flexible hours

Taking pictures and drawing diagrams of subject properties. Uploading all pictures and reports to company website. Reporting all possible safety hazards at a subject property for insurance purposes.

Waist of time

The compensation is ridiculous. You lose more money than you bring in. Especially when considering the money you spend on gas and the mileage you are putting on your personal vehicle.

Great for Part-time work

Great place to work if you are looking for a little extra cash per week, or needing a small part-time job. You do have to drive, but if that is okay for you it is a great place

good for retirees

not a place that you will ever succeed or get promoted. get paid on inspections performed. the worst is IF you have to inspect apt complex. what should be $ for each building you only get paid for one structure. no management support. home office review team will put hold on inspections EVEN IF you have photo proof of what you put into report.

JMI is a great place to work

It is really great place to work to get bigger exposure with a large clients and projects. Everyone is hard working and have flat organization to meet and discuss about the project and anything related to your work with a clear visibility and vision.

Pros

All is well

Cons

I learned so much about working on boat .

I learned how to deck hands and fire watch which was my first time ever doing it. I also learned a lot about ships . I really enjoy the work learning experience from the job and it was my first time ever working on a ship yard.

It was fine

It was an average job at an average place. It was good for starting for first job. Overall it was an average experience but it was quite what I was expecting.

Good seasonal job

Good seasonal job with plenty of extra hours to make extra money. Manager very friendly and humble. Conversion crew could be more organized but overall decent staff.

Good supplemental income

good side gig. Learn about the insurance industry. They have really good training on their website. Unpaid tho. Work at your own pace. Appt deadlines are usually a month or so out so plenty of time to work them in your schedule as a side job.

This job is for you if

You are retired and capable of driving around your county taking photographs and understand building construction and materials. Computer required with high speed internet; data entry a plus however it will only take about two weeks to become intimate with the system

Cons

No pay for travel unless beyond 30 miles

Exciting and fun place to work

This was a great place to work. It involved plenty of team effort and yet left room for individual growth. The atmosphere was tinged with excitement on a daily basis yet never stressful.

Pros

All of it

Cons

Hardworking and dedicated to the job and the road.

My typical day involved getting everyone to the job sight, making sure the weather was ideal for the install. Then making sure the materials was all there to complete the job along with getting all the employees on the same page as to who needed to do what. I would get material laid out, get heavy equipment ready, check to make sure block n tackle was hooked up correctly, and everyone was where they needed to be before hoisting material. I learned a lot about working with heavy equipment, running a crew safely, and efficiently. The hardest part was dealing with the weather and the traveling.

Pros

Free lunches, Great pay

Cons

Fighting wheather, Travel distances, not much downtime on the road

growing business

I have worked for JMI for more than 3 years and at this time they are experiencing growing pains and as a result the company has changed. I hope they can recover and maintain their culture.

Lots of work for little pay

I like the flexibility of being able to work remotely and autonomously. I enjoy the work most of the time. What i dislike is at times various people in management have a belittling attitude towards mistakes or non-conformances, particularly the Quality Assurance personnel who must review my work. Usually I consult the professional development department with questions rather than my field supervisor, because they work with a pleasant demeanor. If my supervisor talked to me in the same tone of his emails, I probably wouldn't like him very much. The best part of the job is being in the field. I learned to hone my skills in measuring and assessing property.

Pros

Flexibility, work remotely, autonomous

Cons

Pay is low for the amount of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JMI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• JMI
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?