Job Point

Job Point Employee Reviews

Job Point is a good place to work and go if you are serious about obtaining marketable skills. Great instruction and staff support. Job Point assist it graduates in finding employment.
Job Point serves a population of people who need a hand up and that is what we do. Job Point change lives. Job Point reaches out to others to assist and partner with the community to make things happen. When you see a person come in the front door and tell you that they just brought their first home and that they now make $40,000 a year after being in prison for years you know you have made a difference.
Pros
We can change the income of a family significantly
Cons
No Cons
great experience if you are looking to learn how to build houses from the ground up this is a very good place they teach you everything and they don't rush they make sure you understand
Job Point gave me the chance to learn while on the job to obtain experience prior to finding a job that requires my skill set. And to aquire the EPA certification needed to properly do my job.
Counseling students and working with community providers to provide other services. Created and implemented substance abuse curriculum for needed population.
Management and work culture is the best. When I first attended Job Point everyone was exceptionally nice and friendly. Meeting different people and personalities were the most enjoyable part of being a Receptionist at Job Point. All the Staff has been available to answer any questions timely. I have really enjoyed my training and employment opportunity.
This is more like a trade school where you can get certified in many different areas such as construction, HVAC or CNA. They give you on the field training but only pay minimal wage.
Pros
Free Trade
Cons
Slow Grind
Its half construction and half GED work u have to do alot of unessary things they ask they are very rude people and they have no respect or understanding for anybody but there selfs
Pros
U get payed
Cons
U dont get payed enough
I would recommend Job Point to anyone who is trying to learn a lifetime trade of certain fields. Job point gives u education insight along with hands on work
Pros
safe enviroment, food
Cons
short breaks, little to no pay
ON an average day its was really normal and good once i got the hang of how to work the machine that was need to perform our job. I like how all my co-Workers all worked together to get everything done. It also help the day go by a little faster and better.
Pros
Teamwork
Benefits
Good for someone looking for an extra job, the pay is good but theres not always that many hours. I wouldn't suggest this for someone that is looking to pay their bills with bc hours are very inconsistent.
I learned how to install duct work fittings and installing heating and cooling components for residential new construction.
Pros
the pay
Cons
duct work
This company provides a lot of opportunities for skills training to help you get employed. their staff is wonderful and close nit. its a work friendly environment. If your determined and dictated to your studies they'll do everything they can to make sure you find the right job for you and your skills.
Pros
Grate support staff and network, many skill options
A typical day at work consist of productivity and clean fun with coworkers. Working as a team but also individually at your own pace. The most challenging part of the job some days is when students are upset because they failed to meet their personal goals. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the day when students succeed at their personal goals and give accolades to staff for helping them.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Long meetings
A typical day was busy! Fast paced! Exciting things happened! Learned how to prioritize and organize. Produced my own business model to effectively manage my goals and reach my goals! I loved seeing our clients reach their personal career goals. I learned alot about human dynamics and about our community!
Pros
lots of fun events to help employees engage personally and professionally
Cons
non profit so pay was a little lower than some companies
Working for Job Point has given me the opportunity to work directly with the at-risk population in Columbia, MO. I have enjoyed my time spent impacting and transforming the youth within the community
Pros
Ability to community thoughts and ideas to upper level administration
Cons
time commitment
Jobpoint is a non-profit organization that is great to work for. The people who worked there earnestly care about what they are doing and for the people they are helping. Clients from all walk of life come into Job Point for educational purposes or in need of help finding employment.
Pros
fun co-workers, good pay-rate
Cons
multiple 'bosses', some clients never move on
I would highly recommend this company! The atmosphere is wonderful. They put a lot of training and time into their associates. Wonderful holiday schedule. Good salary and benefits.
Pros
incredible associates, atmosphere
Cons
not enough locations
  1. Employee Reviews