JW Marriott

4.0Pay & Benefits

Found 44 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,608 reviews
marriotthotelbrandguhospitalitypropertylearnassociate

Productive and funplace

A typical day at work in accommodation operations and restaurant services. Seniors are like old working experience and show their position power and make their interns work for them and complete the daily tasks.

Pros

Free Lunches

Hactic work place

Management is not soo good... Chefs gives lolipops like promotion n all.. sooo soo less People get promotion... Minimum 12 hours duty... Yes there u get soo mich work freedom in kitchen..

JW Marriott insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager

Good

Good cam be better great for career good place great people long working hours overall good experience learnt alot as it was my first property quick growth

Not good for training

I was an intern at this hotel in chandigarh, All I can say is, opt for another hotel there are many better options, they don't even adjust a bit, no stipend followed by 16-18 working hours and they don't even have fans in the areas like locker and cafeteria, stop thinking about ac. And instead of learning, you do the labour work mostly. So as a trainee I wouldn't recommend this property because I think there are seriously better hotels that focus on their employees as well, not alone the guests only. After all if the employees are not healthy how will the hotel function also.PS- The food is so bad.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no salary for interns, No relaxation, No fans or AC

Good work place

One of of the best hotel group in the world .but left JW MARRIOTT cause i was having some financial problems so i moved to Kuwait CATERING COMPANY working hour should be less.management is very good.learned lots of things.the hardest part of the job is duty hour.most enjoyable part is after duty.

Pros

Lunch breakfast dinner

Best place to work

Friendly nature and happy to work again.More chances to reach high positions, supportive colleagues. Family away from home. We can learn new things all the time.

Pros

Birthday coupons

Excellent place To get knowledge

Spend day at jw marriot kitchen is a great thinkI learned much expreance Management was awesome Workplace culture is best The most enjoying part is doing work with happy

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Normal hours

Work place

Wouldn't quite recommend anyone to work here. Its pathetic. Only a few people are there to treasure & have memories with.Management doesn't support staff at all.

Pros

Free food.

Cons

Long hours with no compensatry offs

Shift timings is so long

There are not 9 hrs working shift there daily 12 to 16 hrs work but pay only 9 hrs shift salary it's not good way manager and hr know this but avoid all this everyone

Productive and fun working

working hours are more at minimum of 12 hours and it is very stressful. Location it is situated will have many promotions happens They take more time for training

Satisfied

Looking for next level position, because of my experience and hardwork, I thought I need to try to next level position.whare I can get little more hike on salary and I will give little more facility to my family.

Fast paced work environment

Working at J W Marriott Bengaluru is fun and fast paced and will keep you busy. But if you require a proper work life balance i would not suggest it. It might have changed now but during my time it was not applied.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours, less pay

Very productive. Fun loving staff, great atmosphere for working

Awesome hotel with a nice view of Kolkata city all around. Very good all the time,buffet design and is elaborate with many cuisines. JW LOUNGE in there is a very good place to relax.

Pros

Cafeteria was awesome, drop off for all employee was available

Cons

long hours and many break shifts

work with fun

one of the great hospitality where all respect one department to another department,good relation to staff,helpful and more than that wonderful to work

Pros

breakfast lunch and dinner free

Cons

less salary

Fun work place

Only in one sentence it was really a awsme experience. I was just a intern but they never try to fill me that. They always treat me as their associate.

Pros

Free lunch, dinner and breakfast and snacks

Cons

No break

Productive and fun workplace with inter-department competitions

It was a great time to work and get experience in jw marriott, chandigarh, india, and get a chance to get experience to improve my professionalism with a learning nature.

Pros

Free meals for full day

Cons

Long working hours with limited salary

Productive to work here because the brand has earn enough dignity in hospitality industry.

Working days are very busy over their We learn enough but learning could get much If the management is good enough Work culture is good Some time its hard to work because old staff don't assist in operations which results long working hours •Security could be more better •Management could be more better •Accomodation should be provided Company give their best to entertain the staff

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Long working hours, lake of management

Fun Work Place

Good Exposure. Good Working Environment. High Standards of Overall Quality. Including Fun in everything done. Promotes Growth and Development of the staff.

Pros

Overall good working experince

Cons

Salary package

from my opinion jw is great place to work

The company take care of there employes. Provide training to there staff Annual leave Festival bonus Picnic Transport Security Happy enviroment

Pros

free food

Cons

short break

Good experience,in all departments

Over all experience was good......and have a fantastic infrastructure.I would love to work with this property in future,the working hours during my training period was long and some time depends on the situation of the company. I have learned to wrok hard ,and learned new things,I had got change to see celebrities,and to serve them ...so over all time spent in hotel was goos

I would take a lot to leave this company

The company has its own benefits and consequences but wotking as a finance person, i have learny here how to develop relationships with different types of perceptions and thought processes. Majorly it affects me a lot in aspect of communication skillls and developing professional and personal relations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JW Marriott. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare JW Marriott with