KFC

Clear
2.9Pay & Benefits

Found 99 reviews matching the searchSee all 29,799 reviews

Long Hours

Salaried so required to work at least 50 hours per week. Almost no opportunity to advance to above restaurant management even with twenty years experience with the company. Your team is what makes the job enjoyable, but they really don’t get paid fairly for what is expected of them.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Poor work/life balance

Salaried workers are worked over 80 hours

Salaried workers are worked over 80 hoursGreat money but forget about ever seeing your family again… You’ll have money you just won’t have their love

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No breaks

If the store is run well by management, this job can be very fulfilling

I was lucky enough to have worked in a store where the management was excellent - they only promoted those from within and the culture and organization at this store was fantastic.

Pros

Great Entry Level Career, Flexible Scheduling

Cons

Benefits, No Insurance and very little PTO

In store staff can be great, upper management, not so much

Franchisee owners have unreasonable expectations. Every time minimum wage goes up, they raise prices but still cut staff significantly making for much more work for the few staff left and expecting the same speed/customer service. They pay minimum wage to entry staff which leads to high turnover, low moral, and no desire to go above and beyond.

Pros

Some managers offer free meals

Cons

Hours are unpredictable and dont get sick!

Over worked under paid

Opportunities for advancement if you are willing to accept mediocre pay. Difficult to retain hourly employees due to low pay lack of hours. Good for getting experience but not long term

Pros

Free food

Cons

Poor work life balance

Awful place to work

There’s no insurance for regular employees only insurance for general managers! I was assaulted on the job and the man was not fired! They don’t have normal training for employees, you’re thrown to the wolves to learn everything on your own! A women I met worked there for 16 years and she knew how to do literally EVERYTHING and hasn’t gotten a raise in 8 YEARS AND SHE ONLY MAKES 10.50 AN HOUR!!!! General managers are over worked because of low staff from covid and when things break in their stores and the managers let the people in charge of them aware NOTHING IS FIXED stores fall apart and look awful until right before inspection! The man who assaulted me tried to give a customer food that fell on the floor and I told a manager and that’s why I was assaulted BUT THE MAN IS STILL WORKING FOR THE COMPANY!

Stressed

No benefits no paid vacation always worried about customer service number wore out the general managers and managers you do what they wanted and that was it didn’t care about employees just themselves as owners!!! Never would recommend working for this company ever

Pros

Free food if your lucky

Cons

Didn’t care about employees

Average

Depends on management there is discrimination and favouritism. Good wages Good bonus although every year reduced by 50% Work life balance is very poor. A lot of unpaid hours

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Discrimination

Don’t do it!

Upper management gossips and will say one thing and do another. Crazy schedule with no lunch and long hours. I worked 96 hours in a week a couple times and never got a lunch.

Pros

Good pay if in management.

Cons

Everything else is all about kfc. They don’t care if you life burns down, just move fast!!!!

New company sucks cut hours and raised prices

They raised prices and cut hours and pay rates was good till new owners took over and did this have to work 3 times as hard for less money cut bonuses and generally do not care for employees

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KFC?

Great pay; poor work life balance

Working two 14 hour days takes its toll on you. Good pay with bonus potential. No benefits or retirement. Only two managers for the store so vacations were a struggle

Gm

Do not work for the Titusville location , not a good location. Owner is good guy but his staff is not. Very unprofessional. Long travel to DeLand every week. No gas mileage reimbursement.

What i learmed

I learned a lot during my time at KFC , product procedures, servsafe procedures, employee training and management, i learned to work.very well under pressure among other great things

Pros

Great respectful culture

Cons

Hardly any benefits and / or social family life

Ok place to work i meet pl

Good place to work good manager and employee yes I love them alot of people win alot of awards from them pay vacation sick days I love them my employees are my family

Its ok

Can get better WE WRK LONG HOURS its ok tbe culture is different the people are great! I kudt wish they take out less taxes and no insurance. I mske a decent amount.

Great team environment

KFC offers great progression within the company and there are always good opportunities for a promotion. Work/life balance can be difficult for full time salaried managers, and there are persistent calls on your days off. Each franchisee is different, but company offers great incentives. KPIs are achievable and are re-evaluated on a quarterly basis.

Pros

Good base salary, great team to work for.

Cons

Have to work outside of your salaried hours and can be exhausting.

So far kfc company it's been a great company to work, they pay you base on results for bonuses. And the kfc company have very good insntive programs of course base on results I had earned a trip to Spain on 2015 and this year I had won a trip to Cancun Mexico.

my boss was awesome

people make the work place better and this place had it. ive been working for kfc for a total of 8 years. but with my owner selling the company im not sure if i want to stay with all the new changes.

Pros

people food and good pay

Cons

no health care

Day at KFC

A day at work consists of rotas, cash handing, emails, ordering, budgeting. Culture, morale is low due to the amount of workload on to one individual. Expectations of the job in comparison to the salary has no balance.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

No work life balance

Best Place I have ever work period

I have worked for three different franchise and a total of maybe 10 different stores with 16yrs invested,I have received the smooth operator award in 2016,Attended the RGM keystone class along with multiple other awards.I always had whichever store I was stationed at running like a dream machine.Kfc always provided me with the tools to be successful and stay that way,You have to invest the time as a GM/DM to properly teach and coach your staff to be respectful and become a family then and only then you can accomplish any goals and inspection is a breeze,In my opinion it was the best company I have ever worked for period,If there is one better then it haven't been built yet!!!!!

Pros

Free lunch family atmosphere

Cons

Lack of employee raises promptly

Not what I expected

Lack of professionalism and positive feedback on performances. Little to no personal life. There are opportunities, however, until there is improvements with upper management, there continues to be a disconnect at the store level. Expectations are at times unrealistic.

Pros

good benefits and if favored, growth potential in management

Cons

stressful environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

8,286

Compare KFC with

• KFC
  • General Manager
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?