Kemin Industries, Inc.

Kemin Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

Kemin industries is a very good platform for interns as the company makes them comfortable enough to hold and manage a position. The work culture is favorable for beginners.
Overall Kemin wasn't to bad. It was just a job for when I graduated high school to get me on my feet. It was only a seasonal job. The job wasn't bad. I'd recommend to 18 year olds for a summer job for sure.
A very laid back environment, with lots of good local people. Perfect for a summer job. Clear and concise job requirements and duties that were are very easily to get the hang of and perform at a high-level. Management was very easy to get along with. You will learn various skills in this field such as how to operate a forklift and skid steer. Very enjoyable because you are around local people that you know and get along with.
Probably the best chemistry related company to work at in the greater Des Moines area. Overall good work environment/culture. Room to advance if you are productive and willing to be with the company long term.
I had to leave this job because I have to move back to Atlanta I want to stay but I have to have a place to live. I liked working there and I learned a lot of things I didn't know before
Great company, great people. I started out as a dishwasher and eventually got so efficient at it I looked for other things to do. The staff were incredibility welcoming and slowly I gaining more skills and experience to help out in more and more ways. If I had not lost my ability to commute to my workplace (Another city) I would of stayed, perhaps indefinitely.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Other than my long somtimes dangerous commute (Winter Months) there were no cons
Boa empresa pra se trabalhar e pensar num futuro profissional.
The company greatly care about the employees and their safety. My experience with the company is working with products that are great for the human body and etc.
Enjoyed my tenure at Kemin. Every business within Kemin is different and has its own culture. Company is high pace and family-work balance is a problem for many.
Pros
Opportunities to grow and learn at a fast pace, good people to work with, good benefits
Cons
High turn over rate, family-work balance
I am like to your company and fermentation process operations project management experience in distillery plant and equipment lmfl blending master , amino acids plant know how Japan furfural plant operations
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kemin Industries, Inc.?
No support or guidance from management. Open door policy until you ask for help in a particular situation . Human Resources is non existent. Toxic work environment due to long time employees who are at no risk of discipline
Kemin Industries es una excelente empresa con un gran sentido social y ambiente laboral. Promueve e invita al cambio y la innovación permanente.
There is a long of tension among the employees, especially within the sales organization. Very political and a lot of backstabbing going on. The company makes a very large profit margin on all their products, yet refuses to lower prices to keep the big business.
The company pays decent, but they have no morals or ethical behavior. Management and HR was horrible, with the company HQ in Iowa it’s a free for all. There is no checks and balances within the structure at the MO facilities, it is run by liars and unethical management. Unsafe working practices where the norm, if you reported these you’d be punished.
I feel they pay their employees very well and the benefits are great. They offer 401K and there is an annual bonus given. They also have some employee perks such as an annual company picnic and monthly team building meetings.
Loved working here, great atmosphere and other people you work with. They don't necessarily follow their policies. I got terminated after 1 verbal warning in 3yrs over missing work.
Pros
Great atmosphere and breaks
Cons
Management, Inconsistency
The current 12 hour shifts that have taken place in the last year have really affected morale within the production team and the way the management team have been treating production has lead to a lot of negative feelings and loss of respect for how we see them. The pay is good and insurance is ok though
Pros
Good pay
Cons
12 hr shifts
very good work environment with a lot of potential for growth. i learned a lot of organizational skills and leadership skills. i also took part in a manager roles.
Great benefits, great people, turnover is so low that it's hard to find new opportunities to advance. Some international opportunities exist for those seeking adventure.
Pros
Benifits, Culture
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Reported to meetings, checked up on my employees to make sure we had supplies, make sure things were getting done in a timely manner, The hardest part of the job was meeting customer orders at a short notice. The most enjoyable part of the job was reaching the goals.
Great place to work. Good benefits. It's a growing company with alot of opportunities. The management is is somewhat inexperienced. But will get better with time
Benefits