KPMG logo
KPMG

KPMG

KPMG Employee Review

Challenging and fast paced environment

During my tenure at KPMG, my primarily job role as a team member on various consulting assignments across India and Africa was to work with middle and lower level client management on improving their business processes. This involved extensive meetings with clients to understand their business and operational processes, either related to the entire organization or a specific function within an organization. I then analyzed the business process, applying quantitative analysis where possible and provided recommendations on how the process could be improved in order to achieve the output in a more efficient manner. Additionally, I also worked with clients on setting up entire departments within their organization. This taught me how to think about a business issue in a structured manner. Further, it gave me an in-depth view into the complexities of organizations and how business processes fit into the bigger picture. Through these projects, my data analysis skills were strengthened. I learnt how to use Excel and Access to analyze large amounts of data and provide relevant output. Furthermore, I developed excellent client management skills through the combination of meeting deadlines and client commitments. This also strengthened my business communication skills and I developed the ability to be clear and concise while communicating in a professional environment.When I was not working on client assignments, I worked with KPMG senior management on their business development initiatives. This required me to do sector specific research and create a framework within which KPMG’s services -

Pros

challenging work, travel, support, strong training

Cons

poor work-life balance at times

Same role

Very bad experience

I joined the company as a fresher. Since the beginning I witnessed the prevailing toxic environment. Not an appropriate workplace to be in due to the below stated reasons.

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

Very low salary, Too much work load, No comp off and bonus, Rigid working hours, And even if you are 5 minutes late to log in or if you are away for lunch for a few minutes, they would yell at you. Inefficiency in managing work, Seniors are not cooperative and well mannered, Full on partiality and biased decisions happen, Toxic environment in brief.
Same role

Targeted Life

I worked for 13 months , Good for freshers. Difficult to balance Life because it's work from home working hours are not fixed, if you're given target for the day is not completed you have to stretch back.

Cons

Too much pressure
Same location

Awesome place to work

Work Life balance. No stress, enjoy working, friendly environment, management very helpful, proud values, it is the firm to be with, lot of events activities.

Pros

No stress

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,369