KPMG

KPMG Employee Reviews for Analyst

The job was very monotonous hence, didn't have much to look forward to.From a fresher to a Senior Consultant all had the same job only different targets.Insane amount of work pressure sometimes unreasonable deadlines.There was a lot of frustration on the floor along with high-level politics and bullying.
Pros
Job security, organised, pro active HR team
Cons
work pressure, politics, toxic work environment, favoritism, extremely low salary
It was my first job and had a wonderful experience at KPMG. I got the opportunity to present my capabilities and within a span of 1 year got promoted to Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assist a team of 12 members in handling cases with accuracy and quality. It was a learning experience wherein I enjoyed every bit of my job.
Pros
Co-operative colleagues
Cons
Fixed timings
Good Place to work & learn, long hour at work is normal, energetic people around, fast and pace life, get to meet a lot of people if your client facing
Learnt to manage work in given specific hours, Co-workers are good. Most enjoyable part of the job - Team work Excellent management Treatment given to the employees is great.
Get to learn a lot. Good working condition. Need to travel sometime. Client facing always. Little tough for freshers. Yearly Increment and Bonus is satisfactory.
Starting as a fresher with KPMG is actually a Good start for me. I am at client side from last 1.4 years, and I enjoy my work. I have learned how to deal with the client.
Cons
Longs hours
Got a great exposure and an understanding of basic concepts required in the day to day working of due diligence. Learnt business development and got an inside in corporate finance
I feel Kpmg is a good company where you get to learn about corporate world. i got a good exposure towards working in big companies.
Pros
Expense reimbursment
Cons
I had a very good experience in working with KPMG. It's a great organisation and the senior management is also very co-operative and friendly with the employees. I worked in the UK shift, i.e., 11 AM to 8 PM. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we use to celebrate each and every small or big festival in the office premises as we don't use to get leaves on Indian holidays. I worked on the RBS project of Leeds, Manchester ,UK and we use to get holidays as per the UK calendar festivals. This was the hardest part of the job. Thank You !
Pros
Free Cab facility and food vouchers during OT.
Cons
No holidays on Indian festivals
A typical day at work looked like gathering requests from clients and assigning to the responsible team members. Complete the last days tasks at hand. The moost enjoyable part of the job was the friends and colleagues.
One of the best places to start your career. learnt a lot of things including management and critical thinking. they provide you with many world class facilities and help you to grow as a leader. culture is nice and people are really friendly. positive experience.
Pros
good culture, one of the best place to start your career, brainy and skilled people
Cons
sometimes work life balance might not be good
a hectic day with a lot of learning and interaction. learnt time management, excel, how to deal with clients and handle deadlines and work pressure.
Pros
regular training and development
Efficient and supportive environment trying to bring the best of recruiting to the firm.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation
a typical day at work was hectic Learnt how to work on MS excel and professional way of writing email. Management was OK. Co-workers were good and helpful.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
Stresses on people development, a very value driven organization, where everyone is focused on sharing knowledge and developming others.
Productive work place Good colleagues hardest part of the job was doing overtime
Cons
Overtime
Good Work Environment and the most enjoyable part of the job.
Joined KPMG as a fresher and this company was a good platform to start my career. The work culture is decent, not much pressure. Learned corporate etiquettes and well adjusted with MS excel, Word, Outlook etc. Handling big accounts, achieved monthly billing targets and was highest achiever of the MUI(manpower utilisation) for the location. Have prepared reports, invoices and have taken responsibility of senior in his absence. Also, I was equally involved with the extra cirricular activities organized by KPMG. Good repo with team members and colleagues of other departments. Beginning my career with a Big Four has been fruitful.
Pros
Cab facility, Bonus
Work life balance and the overall real purchasing power of an Indian is heavily impacted by the high cost of living. Thus making it far more economical and encouraging to shift to much better and settled economy
Pros
Interaction with big industry giants and in depth detail into various core business processes
Cons
Work life balance is heavily impacted
It was a learning experience at KPMG. I was shifted to Risk Compliance Team from Verifications department.
its good for beginners . but difficult to hang on the job. basically its the only company that does background verification of ex- employees. so there is alot of work load on the verification team . this team is very small compared to the other departments . the pressure just increases with each passing day , its not the hardest job but its very stagnant and people tend to drift away fro what they are supposed to do .management is very policy related only for the benefit of the firm , its does not benefit the employe in any concern. therefore the people resign their jobs in few months.
Pros
a learning exp for all beginers
Cons
formula followed is hier and fire