KPMG

KPMG Employee Reviews for Senior Audit Associate

My 2 years at KPMG was a good experience. The work culture is quite good. There was lots of new learning. The only disadvantage I found was long working hours at times of busy period.
Pros
Good exposure
Cons
I like to call place of youth,it seems like a college and all are young talents. Everybody ready to take any challenges and finish off with colors. The timing of the job have two faces.
So many things to learn lot of talented ppl around. Good infrastructure Good salary Easy assessable Cons Less work life balance Not much of a personal life
I was campus selected as an audit associate in the Bangalore branch.worked for close to 2.5 years.Its a good place to start the career from .Lot of learning about the corporate culture.
Role involves performing audit procedures, checking of financial statements, working in different committees and group, team work. Worked on substantive testing of different sections of financial statement such as Debtors, Cash and Cash Equivalent, Creditor testing, fixed assets testing and Depreciation logic check and etc. Worked on various audit related software, such as Caseware, IDEA (Sampling Software) and eAudit (Audit Documentation software). Management is very open with the employees. Transparency in appraisal. Hardest part of the job is in between period of July to September because it is year end for our client (Australian Client).Audit. Enjoyable part of the job is that there no pressure on completing Audit procedures. Overall it is an good learning experience for me(Statutory Audit).
Pros
Free Cab Service, Reimbursement for meal spend after working hours.
Cons
Stay backs to assist team.
There is a lot that this firm has given me be it a chance to visit my onshore team back in Channel Islands and sponsoring my course. I have learnt a lot in my intially years and it's a fun place to work in as every individual is given due respect despite of the status in the form be it senior or junior
I spent more than 3 and half years in KPMG and I feel very proud to work with them. KPMG is giving a good atmosphere to work in any time. Also they are providing a good platform to learn auditing and its cocepts, good organizational culture, relationship with colleagues etc. They are using most modern technologies and it helped to improve my skills in the field of auditing.
Pros
Descent monetary benefits
Cons
My first job with KPMG has been very fruitful and I have learnt a lot of things that I has made be grow personally and professionally.
It was very hard to keep imbalance between personal life and professional life. The employee turnover was very high in this company due to the imbalance.
  1. Senior Audit Associate