Mackay Communications

Mackay Communications Employee Reviews

OK place to work when young

When you are younger this is a good place to get started in the maritime industry. For the more experienced, there is a swampy type culture where it is hard to break your own glass ceiling.

advancement opportunities offered

My work experience was progressive and well supported by management. The workplace culture was relaxed and family oriented. The work kept me motivated.

Pros

advancement opportunities existed

Cons

no job perks

Great Opportunity

The company is expanding. It is a great opportunity to learn and develop a career in the company. Manager and staff are friendly. They are willing to teach you and the working environment is not stressful.

Poorest compensation for a company of its size.

The owners response to low compensation was do to the company pension plan. Felt I was held back with advancement and training while the junior personnel were given all the chances in the world. The most job security I ever experienced, since I was one of the hardest workers in the branch.

Pros

Job security

Cons

No chance for advancement

Fun

I enjoyed interning here. It was a chill time as long as you followed the company line. You need to be a team player to fit in. That is what I liked. Yay

great company with great employees

Never had a job I enjoyed going to each day until I started here

Pros

atmosphere the people

Cons

Managed the office working with a good crew of sales and service personnel

Diverse employees

Typical day included cash reconciliations, updating financials, payroll. Controller was difficult to work for; oftentimes would do work instead of delegating.

Pros

40 hour work week

Cons

see description above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mackay Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Mackay Communications