Mecon Limited

Mecon Limited Management reviews

Pay is on the low end,allowence is fine for the most part. Offices are all very nice. The culture allows for a lot of feedback between individuals and management, but because most of it is anonymous, it can feel passive-aggressive and undermining. People that have been with Indeed for a long time tend to want to rely on past experience rather than being open to new views and outlooks and there is a sensitivity in the workplace that drives a personality, rather than performance, culture
A good working culture. Good documentation also. One can earn many thing to learn.they will give chance to handle the project individually . Boss also very much supportive.
Pros
workplace culture, the most enjoyable part of job
Cons
salary, job secrurity and management
Work culture is really good for new Comer's.one could get to go through many things which helps out to gain experience.management is really supportive.they helps us out in every manner.
Working calture is very good in Mecon Ltd. My knowledge is very vast in different field in steel sector. Management is also good. The most enjoyable part is Commissioning of the Reheating Furnace for the Wire Rod Mill.
Design, concept till commissioning activities, site execution and review of site team to deliver desired results. Inspections of Electrical PCCs, MCCs for major steel plants.
Pros
Experienced people to work with
Cons
Management could have been better
My typical day at work is hndleing two projects at a time it is very challenging to me to handle two projects at a time and I succeed with joy, I learned a lot from my colleges expecially from my seniors they guided me at every step in my initial stage of learning.Management is not good because Iam working diercty under company management Iam working under contractor company management I dont know the people who are woking in the management except contact number of one person.My co workers are very supportive and very special to me.Hardest part so far I have not hardest part in my job.most enjoyable part is facing challenges in job like completing three days of job in one and half day and applying the concepts in my own way to give 100% result.
Day starts at 9.30 AM. Checking work related emails and paperwork starts immediately on the desks. With a lunch break of an hour, a typical day ends at 5.30 PM. I have learned how to make Material Requisition, data sheets and Technical Specifications for Oil and gas related equipments which varied from Project to Project. I have also learned Technical evaluation of Bids received for requisition purpose and checking and approval of vendor datasheets and drawings of the equipments. Not the very best in Management but the company gets by. Co-workers of various aptitudes and attitudes has worked along side me. Job was not hard with efficient time management. Almost everything was enjoyable about the job as it was of my field.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Impossible Deadlines at times.
Freedom to design and implement ideas Co workers are helpful Learnt design and engineering skills Enjoyed working on a variety of projects Management at times left few things that were desired. Repetitive work sometime distracted and made working difficult Thinking of new schemes and putting them on drawings and report and implementing them subsequently
Pros
Implementing new Engineering ideas
Cons
Repetitive
It has all kinds of work from designing layouts, preparing techno economic feasibility reports, resource estimation, planning and scheduling, tendering and contract finalization depending on the number of projects you are involved in. I learnt to work in team, leading team as a project coordinator,real time experience in supervision and providing instant solution to the problems at execution site, data collection, design techniques, tender scrutiny, coordinating technical meetings. Management was complex, could not understand what they are up to. Since I was at entry level, I focused mostly on my professional contribution and growth. Had bunch of extremely talented coworkers. Thoroughly enjoyed working with them and learnt lot of things from them professionally and personally. Any day, I would love to work with them again. Some times had to work at running steel plants for temporary period which was extremely hot and dusty with less safety measures . I enjoyed freedom of work and responsibility given and recognition to my work.
Hard working day during commissioning and stabilization of Plants executed by us. Best of learning is the strong team work which pays right dividend. Higher management was excellent and ready to accept suggestion. Co-workers were dedicated and trust worthy. Commissioning of Vizag Benzene Plant and demonstration of PG test. Successful international seminar on Water Desalination Plant organized by MECON
Pros
Work motivation for new field of engineering
Cons
Lack of client support
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mecon Limited?
This is a government organization, here everything is very much comfortable, management is having very friendly approach toward subordinate. being in this company I have learned a lot regarding design and consultancy works specially project management at site and coordination works from office. This all has made me confidant consultant with solid design background.
Pros
comfortable work atmosphere
Cons
after some times things become repetitive
Not worked for long Day to day entry work supporting management & co-workers
The company is good and management is also good,i learned the work in pressure and management is very helpful.
Good balance between work and life. Good salary for executives. But no growth for contract employee.
No much hard work To deal with the contractors Good management Good Have to travel a long distance
Pros
Free lunch