Merck KGaA logo
Merck KGaA

Merck KGaA Employee Reviews

Good Company

Good Compay, I left due to personal reasons. Independent work style, Lots of benefits to employees. Overall the culture is progressive and people like to work in such companies

Stay Away

Sadly, the culture has changed dramatically at this company. The compensation is excellent, but unless you are a favorite, you won't be given opportunities to advance and will miss out of bonus opportunities. The entire management structure has completely turned upside down with people at the top, now, that have no business managing people. Many people got laid off recently and those that didn't found other jobs and left the company. My team of 9 colleagues (10, counting my manager) only has 2 people still remaining.Pipeline is a lacking a bit, too.

Pros

Base salary

Cons

Management, opportunities for advancement

Stop, Do not enter

This company is absolutely ridiculous. Most coworkers are total jerks and will abuse you every chance they get. Try to issue a complaint to management and they will advise you to "push it down inside" and just ignore it. There is also the usual "favorites" game. If you aren't one of their favorites, then you are stuck in a dead end position for all time. Truly very little advancement opportunities. Don't say I didn't warn you. Worst company I've ever worked for.

Pros

Good question

Information Rich Environment for the Curious and Interested

Direct intersection with the scientific world: analytical chemistry, environmental and pharmaceutical arenas. Many opportunities to advance for motivated persons. Clean and spacious laboratories.

Pros

Very Safe work Environment

Cons

Disturbingly PC.

Avoid

Poor management, bitter work culture driven from incompetent management. Terrible Human Resource Management. Expect Bias and Favouritism.Irvine site is laughable, consider to be a forefront in pharmaceutical yet pay buttons to employees.

Great place to grow

Excellent team. Hard to keep good employees at the time because of low pay, but when I left this was improving. The company promotes within so there is a great opportunity for growth.

Management is very incompetent.

Lowball wages. The worst training of any company I have worked for. Management is completely unresponsive to important issues. Huge data integrity issues from supervisors on down. If you have integrity you will not be happy here. The one positive - benefits are good however off shifts get shafted in time off and premium pay.

Pros

Health care

Cons

You are treated poorly

This place sucks

This place is like an organized prison and looks like one. You will have someone breathing down your neck every second of your workday. Forget about advancement if you don't have a degree. I've worked with educated dummies only to watch them advance to a top tier position just because they have a degree. Not a single positive about this place

Pros

401k program

Cons

Good Benefits with generous vacation leave.

Employees cheating the company and breaking policies are not being held accountable which led to my resignation after 12 highly devoted years of service. Those individuals having absolute disrespect for those around them.

Pros

Generous company

Cons

Retaining poorly ethical employees who do not care about their jobs who drive too performers away.

Politics

managers don't care about people even during pandemic. Manager is the boss, there is no oversight and job security if the manager is out for you. They can play with your salary and benefits if they feel like it.

Laid back, good people, great management, work life balance

Great company to work for! Good management, lots of places within the company to more for advancement, very flexible with time, care about employees, work life balance very good. I am a contractor but have heard very generous vacation time.

Pros

work life balance, very caring managment, very flexible, laid back

Cons

work spaces is terrible.

Best place to work in a hundred miles

Been with the company for five years. Started as a material handler and four years in moved into a salaried position making 70k a year. Want a great company that pays great gives great benefits and really cares for the worker and individual come to jaffrey Millipore

Pros

Benefits pay vacation holidays to a great room for growth

Cons

To many inadequate and mean spirited people who quite wrote the reviews here

Productive and Engaging work place

I had more work load but working was fun and more engaging. Well maintained work place , design and interiors at Merck is best. People and management interaction is very good, easily approachable management.At Merck I enjoyed much in cultural activities. Bad part is that people don't get promoted easily.

Pros

Good Work culture

Cons

Heavy Work load

Millipore Sigma a great company overall!

I enjoyed my time at Millipore Sigma. There were some things that I would have preferred to have been a little different. My coworkers were always a great bunch to work with. Everyone comes to work to give 100% and to do their part, to get the product out the door to our customers. Sometimes it felt as if management didn't really share that same sentiment. Overall, I would say that I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry, and it prepared me for the position I am currently in.

Pros

Great coworkers, decent pay.

Great place Of work

Great company to work for, it’s just hard to advance after working there for so many years. I feel they value their employees to a certain extent. The benefits are great and the PTO is great too

No room for promotion

Started without a degree. Was told when I graduated I could move up into a scientist role. Just before I graduated the requirements for said position were increased thus removing any possibility for moving up. Plus in the position I was in I couldn't get the necessary experience to advance. It Became a dead end job. On top of that my supervisor didn't even have a science degree in a science position.

Pros

stable schedule

Cons

no room for promotion

Don't work here, unless you're a robot

Very hypocritical company. They say they want ideas for improvement, but will shut down most ideas. They don't want you to think, because that's what the SOPs and work instructions are for, and yet they want you to think. There is no pleasing upper management. They brainwash you into thinking like an auditor, they want you to follow a script, and when you don't follow, they call you difficult and threatening. The only good thing is the pay rate and health benefits.

decent place to work

much of management is related which causes superiority issues, big egos, and lower employees being in positions they can't due anything about due to personal relationships between management.

work life balance being lost

As part of a global team it feels like work/life balance is being lost. Early starts to coordinate with Europe and late finishes to coordinate with Asia becoming the norm

Good work-life balance

Collaborative environment with good work-life balance. Good policies to support employees. Matrixed organization so the reporting can get challenging.

Self awareness to make customers happy

From there description; gem oriented, strong knowledge in assisting clients. A company that works together to make the call center stronger. The company seems to appear to keeping the client service on the tip of your toes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merck KGaA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Merck KGaA