Microchip Technology

Microchip Technology Employee Reviews

lifegoodcompanymanagementworkjobemployeeculture

Great work life balance and supportive management

- Definetly not a company for high performance employee. As pay will be way below industry- Learning depends on which team u r working on.- No scope to work on cutting edge tecnology.- Good that company has always remained profitable

Pros

- Work life balance, Free breakfast and lunch, Stocks, Suportive management, L

Cons

- No online course portal to gain new skills, Cutting edge technology is a big no, Salary could be better

Good job

Good place to work but pay is low. I would loved to stay here but other companies are paying much more for similar work. Great family atmosphere though

Microchip Technology insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Pick the right division!

Microchip is a brilliant place to work as an engineer if you're on the right team. Some divisions are pushing the envelope in high-speed Si sectors white others are MCHP's stagnant "bread & butter" teams. Put yourself in a position to learn and advance otherwise you can easily find yourself wondering what you did with the past years at MCHP. MCHP has begun to catch up with compensation expectations in the industry. However, bean-counters and red-tape made recent years frustrating as well.

great place

good days ping pong table.leads are greatenjoy people i work withgymhave longevity herereally good benefitsnice break rooms you can make this a career if you want to stay.

Good job to have bunny suit suck

It’s a good job it has good pay if you work nights the insurance and all the time off you get is good if you’re able to not get fired in the first three months, Microchip fires people all the time I personally did not get fired for this also wasn’t fired i quit but if you’re late two times in three months you’re fired.

Nothing bad

It was really easy with great pay, hours are tedious but the week to week structure is pretty cool. The training was pretty good but it the classroom learning I felt was a little redundant considering what the actual job consisted of

Good job but can get boring

When there is work to do it will keep you busy and going but when workload is low it can get deathly boring - and it tends to happen more than I thought it would. Overall it isn't a bad job, very good pay and benefits but it just gets really boring at times. Adjusting your life/work balance to the 12 hours shifts would be the only other thing I really had an issue with, along with having to work every other Saturday.

Awesome company to work for!

Pay is good and they have a good values and treat employees with respect. At the time when I worked there, they paid for your school and always had plenty of employee outside functions.

Do not work here

Highly recommend you investigate other job opportunities before accepting an offer from this company. If you do decide to take a job here, keep looking elsewhere so you’re not up a creek when you realize the mistake it was.

It's okay to work if you are starting as Production operator but if you wanted to move up. You need to have a degree or an exprience, or Military background.

Great place for a student. The IS department had good management

Overall I recommend this place if you are a student looking to break into the field. You do sacrifice flexibility for mediocre compensation. Good first job for computer science students.

Intern

It was a great experience interning with Microchip Technolgy.The management is very helpful and will go above and beyond to help you reach your goals and interests.

Flexibility, empowerment, Quarterly bonuses. Great pay

I've been at Microchip for 3 years now, most people have been there over 20 years, some it's the only job they have had. Great company, great wages, management communicates well. Plenty of room for growth. Online class you can take during work or whenever. Empowerment to make changes. Great Quarterly bonuses. The only negative to me is that the location being in Lawrence MA or Lowell MA. tough cities for a country gal.

Productive and fun workplace with funny colleagues

in microchip there's a lot of work to do, you make busy all day and sometimes it was so annoying but when you have a workmate who also reliable on work it makes your hard work worth it, and when becomes on the management it also ok they give to us what we need. I'm happy that I am one of the people who give chance to work there.

I would not recommend.

Extremely high turnover, little or no opportunity for advancement. Lead position pays one dollar an hour more that the people they oversee with a tremendous amount of responsibility to go with it. Pay is extremely low and the benefits are expensive and do not offer good coverage. The high turnover was not just for the regular hourly employees but management as well.

Management makes all the pros small

They used to respect the microchip culture and open-door policies. They even used to respect the quality policy but recently there has been multiple changes in management and it turned into numbers first and employees last. Recently management wants you to do certain tasks without giving proper equipment and when confronted you are being “negative”. The pay used to be good but with recent management and deeper investigation, the pay is too little for the stress there is. I used to enjoy being able to work without being micromanaged and even would make games with just myself or others to see how clean we can get our areas by the end of shift. With the management change, that is impossible now due to being micromanaged literally day and night. Worst part is that you get trained on running your area efficiently being able to handle multiple things at once only to have management micromanage you and have you doing one thing at a time and start getting desperate that the thing you are ignoring per requested is building up. Either management needs to let go of their egos or change management to make the workplace a happier place. Supervisors came from the bottom, so they understand how things work and make working there somewhat bearable, until you interact with actual management.

Pros

breaks, health benefit, free clinic in building, Shift schedule

Cons

Management, policies and culture are not followed anymore, pay is too little with the amount of stress

Great coworkers but older tools…

I wish there was a middle-shift…At Night Shift, there is not enough technicians. People working OT are mostly the lazy types who are getting paid double. Lots of Night shift people are taking more than usual break times. My team is pretty good but some others are not getting along.Good management and okay in the pay…

Great place to start in the industry..

Great place to learn about wafer technology.. These people are very patient and will train.. They have always been there when I need them. Understanding management and staff.. All around good place.. Just wish they paid more.. Medical and 401k are great

Pros

Willing to work with you not against you

Cons

Bunny suite

Workload was large

Although it was a great company to intern for; It seemed as if there wasn’t much internal growth opportunities. The pay was also subpar for what was expected of me.

Culture has changed over the past few years, no longer the 'great places to work' it used to be.

Microchip used to have a unique culture that made their employees feel valued and motivated. The culture has changed due to explosive growth and changes in leadership, and it has devolved into just another bureaucratic corporate culture. Pay increases are historically sub-par and below cost-of-living/inflation rates, so the longer you work there the further underwater you become in salary.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Long hours, poor work/life balance, pay is under market.

Decent place to work at

Overall a decent company to work for. Pay is an issue they have a tencency to pay new employees with less to no experience more than someone whos been with the company longer. They definitely promote from within and the benefits are good. Discussing pay is discouraged and it seems the longer you work here the less you make in comparison to new hires. Stability is definitely good and the management is supportive and helpful.

Pros

Laid back dress code

Cons

Pressure to produce more and hit higher numbers each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microchip Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Microchip Technology with

Learn about Microchip Technology in popular locations

• Microchip Technology
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?