Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Showing all 7,466 reviews
technologybalancecultureindialearntimingexposurelearning

Great company but your experience depends on the manager

The senior management has the right intent. However, since it's a very big company an individual experience depends a lot on one's manager. If the dynamics of one's group is highly political, one can't advance without playing that game. Otherwise, it's a good company with interesting problems to solve.

Pros

stability, stock, work

Cons

politics, managers can make or break your career

Work and work

I enjoyed my time at Microsoft the people customer services was required but fun got to learned a lot from different guest and their culture and I loved it need to have patience and understanding if you don’t have the skill for customer services you are in the wrong field. I loved it and it’s people would I do it again my answer would be YES !!!

Microsoft insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Productive and fun workplace

I absolutely love my job at Microsoft, the people here are very productive individuals. I would highly recommend any new young determined individuals to check it out!

Good overall

Microsoft is good overall but has its issues as do all places. Parts of the company have leadership that has been around for a long time and is uninspired.

Great company with tons of benefits

its great the managers the buildings everything. its a growth focused enviroment with tons of flexabily to move around in the company. They will allow you do a complete 180

Pros

free drinks

Cons

Lots of freedom and even more challenges

* A typical day at work can be challenging but not unexpected of you, got to drive yourself, no micromanagement.* I learned you go to have passion towards your job that is what counts, rest all falls into place.* Management will never target any single individual in any negative ways. Basically, you will not find attrition lower levels at least due to managers.* Workplace culture: everybody listens your opinion and accepts it based on its merit.* The hardest part of the job is the delivery that is expected of you.* Freedom, less office politics and somehow everybody brings out best of their culture.

Pros

benefits are good. Culture is best in the world.

Cons

Pay is less

Lots of experience

When you find a good team to work with, it’s so rewarding and you get so much experience with many areas of the business. I no longer work with them but it was a great time for me.

I learned how much I didn't know.

I was a vendor on contract with Microsoft. Other than the pay and benefits from the contracting company this was one of the best work experiences of my life.I learned more over the course of my time here than I had in the 15 years prior. Project management, true excel mastery. It was very much like going to college.The FTE's I worked under were very much mentors to me. I cannot express how much this job/environment changed my life.Pay attention, MSFT has masters all over the place, and if you're open to it, you will learn.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Vendor/Contractor Pay

Great place!

Working at Microsoft was great I never had to worry about job secutity as our marlet share is so large. That was never a worry for myself. I look forward

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to work, great culture. Depending on location and level, compensation might not be enough. We manage a big workload which can get stressful but rewarding.

Pros

Free lunches, etc.

Cons

Short breaks, etc.

Good start of tech career

I joined as a contractor and worked 18 months in the Surface touch lab. Almost everyone was nice and easygoing. The tasks were not hard and easy to learn. I will come back if I had the chance.

Pros

Free Drink, Flexible Time, Nice people

Great technology

lots of new things to learn there, so you should never be bored. however since it is a leading technology company, employees need to continuously bring value.

Diverse and inclusive

Great team, very happy to be a part of a diverse, inclusive, growing and supporting team. Every day you can learn something new, the cluture is very great, growth mindset

Fun

Writing to be able to see reviews. This isn’t even a real job. Yuppp. My last job was pretty good but the one before that was horrible. Looking for better opportunities

Ambiente entretenido bueno

La empresa tiene una cultura maravillosa. Las personas están dispuestas a ayudarte, son muy proactivos en el momento de aprender. La jornada es extensa y hay retos por cumplir que pueden generar bastante estrés. Usualmente se trabaja fuera del horario de 8hrs.

Fun

im just an intern but ive learned alot and enjoy helping out around the office when i can. I especially enjoy solving problems on my own and showing off my skills ;)

amazing place to work

reccomend working here great team n culture. great management great vibe . i loved my time here was fun and inspirational. highly reccomend. great management

Work with purpose

You work with purpose and its your job to ensure leadership know what you accomplish- own your career. But you need to know the Microsoft way of working as it's embedded in management style and leadership promoted after working a long time at company only know one culture and style. Expect to be proud of your contribution. Expect that majority of coworkers were also hired because they are excellent at what they do. Promotion and movement across orgs is very hard. Benefits are excellent.

Contract work from home was good

Had a short contract with Microsoft. The job only takes about 20-30 hrs a week but still get paid as 40 hours, which is nice. Manager was helpful resources.

Na

really enjoyed my time there. I worked hard and loved what I was doing. The were so many people there and we had a great support system. The activities were wonderful too.

Gran cultura

Excelente lugar de trabajo, la cultura es un poco elitista pero siempre te motivan a ser mejor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Microsoft with