Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

ProsYou have lot of opportunities to learn and grow, Managers are very supportive. Good Work life balance. Excellent campusConsShipping takes time.
Pros
Work life balance, excellent internal tools, healthcare benefits, Supportive managers
Cons
Procedures takes time
You would really get a good hike from your last drawn salary.You would be treated as untouchables at work.They dont ask any questions beyond work.Pleaes dont believe your contract would be extended or you would be converted as full time employee in CE&S team.The team dont give you proper KT but will ask you all the work related questions.No benefits as Non FTE.You will learn nothing
Pros
Cab and Food
Cons
No growth
Awesome company to work.Work-life balance can be achieved easily.Managers promote for taking vacations. Technology wise , we can work on anything we want.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
office politics is still there
I did a Virtual Intership at Microsoft provided by Forge (formerly Known as Insidesherpa)The virtual experience was outstanding it was like as we were working in that work environment thanks Microsoft and forge for virtual Internship
I joined as a vendor/contract/CSG employee, and tried to convert to a full time position in Microsoft. The ecosystem designed for a vendor/contract/CSG employee is demotivating and you will be treated like an outsider. Unless you are really capable and willing to put extreme efforts to convert to a full time position, do not put your time here. Conversion process is very political and confidential, and in spite of good efforts you may not get a conversion because of budgeting. I prefer to work on real client projects and that helps with a better skill gain, in MSFT you may end up just troubleshooting in your lab environments and your customers will not listen to your solutions.
Pros
Rapid Skill Gain
Cons
contract
Learnt a lot from this company, enjoyed a lot, earned a lot.. super experience. Would like to be part of this company again in future.. work life balance is the key..
Pros
All good.
Cons
Sometimes work pressure results in big big stressed life.
i am no expirence to do work any company,because i am fresher,i can do hardwork any company to join me,firstly we are join as a internship because i am understand company environment .
Employees will be completely engaged in their work. Flexible shift hours and friendly managers. There is lot of learning along with fun. Work life balance is based on individual. Supportive and encouraging environment. Overall lovely place to work.
Pros
Learning, Approachable, Free dinner, outings, xbox room, Recreation room, awareness programs and activities.
Cons
feedback to managers are not amended.
No good experience. Coworkers behaviours to new team members in not good, self pride feeling of some iitians and think they know every thing and others are know nothing attitude.
The work life is better balanced than in other companies but the work is boring and the management is sluggish. The payscale is low, hence, not the best place to be in.
I have worked for almost 4 years and its a great place to work, great culture and great oppurtunities to grow and great people to work with. We would also be aligned to giving culture with a great initiative from the company. Leadership is great they help groom the team members to perform.
Pros
Excellent company to work
Lots n lots of learning and good exposure for rookies,Food subsidies ,free snacks,free gym,yoga ,zumba and apart from all this they give health benefits,they give one kids daycare benefits and so many things ,once you join the organization you will get to know about numerous other benefits...
Pros
free food, and alot of benefits for FTE
Cons
I don't think of any
The basic thought process is to give maximum respect and comfort to each employee. Diversity is equally being taken care of. Benefits are at par with world's best organisations, or better than them.
Work life balance for an intern is nothing. Intern is expected to do work all day and also as this time the internship was WFH so we didn't get that much learning experience as compared to on-site internship.
Pros
Opportunity to work with really cool and talented people.
Cons
Hectic schedule
- It is very fun and productive environment to be in - Colleagues are highly talented and motivated to achieve best - Management is okay but sometime you start feeling typical bossy culture. - you are lucky if you get to work with good manager
Pros
Free fruits, flexible working hours
A collaborative work environment. I as an intern enjoyed the internship and learnt a lot not just the hard skills but also was able to distinguish my weaknesses and strengths.
I was based out of mumbai sales office.The great thing is flexibility to work from home and flexibility in working hours.Team is cooperative.It is great place to work.
Pros
Free lunch for permanent employee and flexibility to work from home
Cons
job location is odd.Contract employee cant continue after 18 months.They need to quit the job.
Learnt variety of work ethics, honed my professional skill set, professionalism, collaborative working style and team management, review mechanism and analytical approach.
Was worth working with.helped me shape up my career well.it has a class of it's own.its been an honor working with one of the top technical experts in the industry.
A good place to learn into sales and marketing was very well taught about grooming team work achievable targets impressive incentives and lot more to learn
As I was working from home on this project, still the management and coordination were smooth. The only thing that wasn't good was rewards, this was a no-pay internship, which could be changed I guess.
  1. Employee Reviews