Microsoft

Bengaluru, Karnataka203 reviews

Found 203 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,644 reviews
technologybalancecultureindialearntimingexposurelearning

Good to work

I learned stuff about software engineering and process and got better at code reviews. They have a lot of cool internal tools that help you do your job faster. I also learned more about testing, the importance of unit testing, the importance of not moving your code up to the next branch if a unit test fails and dealing with hundreds of people working on the same branch. The main languages used at microsoft is C, C++, C# and C++/CX (don’t ask). You’ll probably run into HTML 5, javascript and CSS depending on your team. So like I said, cool tools and some good processes in place to help you become a better software engineer. The downside is that they limit themselves on technology they use (this could be changing since Satya is our CEO). What I mean by this is I’ve never really heard people talk about Unix, perl, python, Java or other languages. It’s like they don’t exist. I find this to be limiting.

Good working experience

The job was tough initially but then I got used to it. The office environment is friendly and meritocratic. The boss was good. Salary and benefits are pretty average though.

Microsoft insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good company Great perks

Good company Great perks They care about employees. We get 200 food vouchers every day and free transport for office. There are also many medical benefits m

Great company but your experience depends on the manager

The senior management has the right intent. However, since it's a very big company an individual experience depends a lot on one's manager. If the dynamics of one's group is highly political, one can't advance without playing that game. Otherwise, it's a good company with interesting problems to solve.

Pros

stability, stock, work

Cons

politics, managers can make or break your career

I don't recommend joining CSS is good career move. Don't ruin your career joining CSS if you come from development background.

best for short term, i mean 1-2 years as it becomes difficult to get out of this support profile either within Microsoft or outside Microsoft.Perhaps you could join and plan to move sooner.

Pros

There are numerous pros in terms of health benefit, cafeteria, insurance, goodies etc.

Cons

CSS -Support profile

Less pressure environment

Microsoft has great work ethic. You feel safe to raise your doubts. Scope for growth in career. Provide facility for work from home and remote work.

Pros

Exciting bonus, great management, collaboration, support for learning

Cons

Working with people in us( timezone), slow paced delivery

No life for contract employees

You would really get a good hike from your last drawn salary.You would be treated as untouchables at work.They dont ask any questions beyond work.Pleaes dont believe your contract would be extended or you would be converted as full time employee in CE&S team.The team dont give you proper KT but will ask you all the work related questions.No benefits as Non FTE.You will learn nothing

Pros

Cab and Food

Cons

No growth

You can grow with the efforts you put

Awesome company to work.Work-life balance can be achieved easily.Managers promote for taking vacations. Technology wise , we can work on anything we want.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

office politics is still there

Good for Full-time

I joined as a vendor/contract/CSG employee, and tried to convert to a full time position in Microsoft. The ecosystem designed for a vendor/contract/CSG employee is demotivating and you will be treated like an outsider. Unless you are really capable and willing to put extreme efforts to convert to a full time position, do not put your time here. Conversion process is very political and confidential, and in spite of good efforts you may not get a conversion because of budgeting. I prefer to work on real client projects and that helps with a better skill gain, in MSFT you may end up just troubleshooting in your lab environments and your customers will not listen to your solutions.

Pros

Rapid Skill Gain

Cons

contract

No good experience

No good experience. Coworkers behaviours to new team members in not good, self pride feeling of some iitians and think they know every thing and others are know nothing attitude.

Was worth working with .

Was worth working with.helped me shape up my career well.it has a class of it's own.its been an honor working with one of the top technical experts in the industry.

A good place to work

A good place to learn into sales and marketing was very well taught about grooming team work achievable targets impressive incentives and lot more to learn

My Role at Microsoft was very competitive & productive in Finance.

Microsoft was my dream Company to work with. The employees & the management were equally good & interactive. Microsoft takes ultimate care of the employees. I feel, those who work with MS will feel more convenient than compared to any of their previous Org.

Amazing WorkPlace

Microsoft Workculture is one of the best thing it owns. Everyday is a new challenge; which inspires us to come to office next day. Management motivates and helps in your next goals

Good learning

The roles at the organization requires continuous learning of the latest Microsoft technologies. The potential for growth is very good and diversity (women) get preference in the company

Good to work at Microsoft

Good place to work at Microsoft, have lots of opportunity to extend the knowledge and learn new things, and easy to apporach the product team for knowing more about the product

Excellent

Microsoft India Private Limited is a subsidiary of American software company Microsoft Corporation, headquartered in Hyderabad, India. The company first entered the Indian market in 1990.

Technical support

good work environment day to day involved working on Support cases and collaboration with different team at times. All the peers are very helpful. there is no Flexibility with work timings.

Good to earn more knowledge, good culture, good management, on site offers. Faced some stressful situations. Recommending others to join the microsoft.

Amazing company

best place to work, I have been growing here from last few weeks. WHatever resources they provide is actually awesome. I learned many things which I didn't even knew before.

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace - global technical support center - a place where every individual loves to be. The facilities and people around are awesome!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Microsoft with

Learn about Microsoft in Bengaluru, Karnataka

Microsoft reviews by popular job title

• Microsoft
  • Bengaluru, Karnataka
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?