Microsoft

Working at Microsoft in Chennai, Tamil Nadu: 21 Reviews

Chennai, Tamil Nadu21 reviews

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,466 reviews

Productive and Fun place

Employees will be completely engaged in their work. Flexible shift hours and friendly managers. There is lot of learning along with fun. Work life balance is based on individual. Supportive and encouraging environment. Overall lovely place to work.

Pros

Learning, Approachable, Free dinner, outings, xbox room, Recreation room, awareness programs and activities.

Cons

feedback to managers are not amended.

Excellent place to learn.

I had a great learning experience about HR Governance. I was part of an incredible team who gave me many opportunities to interact and work with different people across various countries.

Microsoft insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Best company in the world

Awesome workplace snd great teammates. Only because I had some personal issues, I had to leave Microsoft. Otherwise I would not have left. Such a postive place.

Awesome culture and learning opportunity

Awesome culture and learning opportunity. Top management is highly focused. Work life balance is moderate Job security is moderate. Growth within HR is highly limited

Pros

Free lunch, Education, Cab, Cafeteria

Cons

Growth within HR is highly limited

Microsoft is a great place to work. The company provides a great work life balance. It has a tremendous opportunities for personal growth. We will be recognized fro every pieces of work we do in Microsoft.

The culture drive

Microsoft holds high values and great work place culture. Their Growth Mindset values drives the urge to be more and do more. The management listens to your unsaid needs and extends care and support for all work related commitments.

Great employer with greater scope in the market.

Microsoft is a great employer when it comes to facilities, compensation and benefits. It has added great value for me to have been a part of the organization for more than 2 years. When it comes to operations, it is a highly demanding and results focused environment. HR Intranet, internal HR policies and other HR related information is vast and could be found on various websites within the Microsoft Web. This at times is challenging for a quick view while we are online with the employee trying to resolve their queries. Work Life balance depends on which project you are as the HR Ops Associates may not have complete control on certain processes and may need to go out of their normal way to fetch information and resolve. Overall, it is a win win situation if you are highly skilled professional and open to challenges at every point.

Pros

Brand, Compensation and Benefits.

Cons

Long Hours at work and insufficient information on HR Intranet.

fun working with microsoft

As i was a fresher at that point of time, learned a lot of new stuffs as in like the work culture and how to behave at the work place, which made me a matured man form being a boy. it was really interesting working with them as it was too technical and since i was a guy who always liked technologies. it made me learn and showed me how to implement stuffs which i had within.

Pros

amazing infrastructure

Cons

work timings

great place that can still get better

its a great place in terms of perks, payment. also you get to see the latest technology and fast paced environment, with the most effective and competent colleagues. However, the competition is cut-throat, you need to be really quick and competent. career progression is slow.

Pros

great perks

Cons

slow career advancement

Worklife balance

Very good work life balance. Awesome working culture. More employee benefits. Easily approachable to top level managers. We can learn new things and get good reputation

Excellent Company

You can enjoy your work. you have good work life balance. you have freedom. No1 brand. you will be provided extra benefits apart from salary.

Unchallenging atmosphere

The benefits and salary are only advantage, no scope of growth. It is not suitable for someone who is looking to grow in career. It is more suitable for someone who is just looking for a steady income month on month basis.

Helps me to improve my communication skill and enjoy an office atmosphere

Great experience to work with such a reputed company. Helps me to improve my communication skill. Enjoy an office atmosphere,

Innovation

Habituated to keep focus on the innovation and understanding the future and shaping and designing according to dynamic changes in digital world.

Productive and fun place with awesome people

8- 6 day with 10am daily meeting with manager and field analysis improved my analytical skills and communication skills while improving on my budgeting skills. management was awesome always had daily games in order to relax the employees. first experience with the co- workers had ups and downs but as the time went they all turned out to be great. Because of the long hours missed a tons of Barcelona's matches. The daily meetings and games, they were hilarious.

Pros

Free lunches, daily fun activities

Cons

10 hours long days

Good Salary and Benefits

Microsoft is a great company and this is their Pilot Project, having said that the work is not as complicated as it was in my previous company as it is still in a developing stage.However the Salary and the Benefits offered are great.

Pros

General Shift

Cons

Prospects of growth is slow

Internship

I did an internship for a period of one month in Adecco understanding the end to end process from a Recruitment consultancy point of view.

Pros

Lack of employee satisfacation

Cons

Totally productive and fun xbox gaming

Learning Microsoft technologies that too in the awesome microsoft office is too good. Working with other MSP is also joyful.

A most learning guaranteed environment with fun to work

Days work would be to resolve issues related to Exchange Server. Kind of interesting workplace where learning and work comes together. Day on day basis the issues which we take would differ due to high customer customization and interesting resolutions for unique cases. Management is supportive to employees creative ideas and a good team to go along. The most enjoyable part would be my team, where people understand each other and help everyone getting to the top.

Pros

Get easily recognized/rewarded for what you do

good

i am a Microsoft front line support Engineer in Wipro Ltd my co-workers are helping me to improving exchange knowledge

Work pressure is too high that is the reason i am looking for a job change back to procurement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Microsoft with