Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews for Consultant

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,303 reviews

Best place to work

I enjoyed my 5 years tenure in Microsoft Global Delivery. Nice place to work and learn. I feel Microsoft Global Delivery is bit underpaid compared to market standard and Microsoft branding.

Pros

Good Learning, Nice campus, Good perks and benefits

Cons

Compensation is less, Now due to many Indian managers culture is degrading

pleasant work environment

it was nice experience working within factory model projects in Microsoft

Productive place

This is a good company for permanent guys. I am working here as a consultant. I have learned here a lot of things. Here culture also good and management is also cool.

Productive and fun workplace

Provided me with a great learning curve, and still does. You can always pickup some new technology to work on and find someone to collaborate with. Productive and fun workplace.

Productive , Fun and Growth Mindset Oriented Opportunity

I am very happy and cherished to be part of Microsoft , the company that every individual want to work with. Growth Mindset and the Leading Giant in the IT industry

Productive and Fun workplace

A typical day at work would involve checking emails for any communication required and then check the taskboard to be on par with the timeline of the sprint. After that start working after the scrum calls and would end with a status update.

work with the technology scaling up

work with the technology scaling up Good company to work with. very good company to work and not much work pressure Good environment to work,nimble, agile, company feel with established products and services,Most are humble, friendly, and skilled.

Pros

na

Cons

na

Good company with great learning

Microsoft is a great platform to work with amazing people and learning things.I got an exposure to start my learning with CRM here and had a great experience with clie t facing opportunity.

Fun workplace

Very good company to work with Fun Good culture unlimited work from home no strict work timings good management good workplace they have a football ground

Place to learn and grow with opportunities at every step

Microsoft has a very open culture where people learn from each other and provide constant feedback for improvement of their subordinates as well as their peers. The managers are never micro-managing and give you endless opportunities to carve out your own career using the vast number of opportunities available within Microsoft. Microsoft encourages its employees to learn on the go and so the best of resources are available within a few clicks for free. However, expectations from employees in Microsoft is similarly large, where you will be put to a new challenge every day and you would need to find your own way out, which might mean some sacrifice in the work life balance aspect.

Pros

Perks and opportunities for self development

Cons

Work-life balance

This is not the Product Arm

If you are thinking this is the product arm of microsoft, then you are wrong. This is just like any typical services company. Lot of politics played by managers to save their own jobs. They do not care for the career progression of their reportees.

Pros

Benefits like Fitness Reimbursements

Cons

No Career Growth

One of the best companies to work for

Microsoft is truly a great place to work. An environment where innovation, growth, empathy and good governance is found in everything they do. Employee oriented.

Productive and fun place.

Good company to work for. You can maintain you work life balance. The salary range can be better when compared with others. The company have open culture environment.

I always felt proud working at Microsoft because of it's global culture and fexibity to work from anywhere in the world.It provided a platform to learn as well as work.

Pros

Work from Home(Literaly from anywhere), Good Mediclaim, Learn new things before world knows.

Cons

Work Life Balance

Great Place to Work

Its a great place to work and build one's career. Smart co-workers and perks.. best company to work for. Good Salary and Annual Bonus. Meals and snacks are free along with medical and fitness benefits

Good

Cons

Work Life Balance is poor

Productive and Funplace

Routine day is again based on the project you are assigned to No limit to learning with Microsoft Technologies Management is fine. Should now lot of networking to work effectively workplace culture is good hardest part is to deal with changes very quick Lot of parties, outing, office refreshments , traveling

Pros

Refreshment, Lunches, Access to resources

Cons

Flexible timing but need to strech many times

New technologies are fun to work on but too much work pressure

Lots of additional work outside a typical project work. At the end you are judged on those additional work and not on the successful delivery to your customers.

Great place to work with plenty of opportunities

One of the great work environments with independence to choose your individual career paths. Free subscriptions to the latest software and training makes it a great place for learning and exploring.

fun based work

i got best platform where i got explored about the things which i don't know before i got feel typical in this field when i am unable to convince to customer at the time of interaction. leaned so much in this company let us say example how to tackle the questions which is not related to your profession,team leading,team management,got to know about competition and many more.the platform where i worked got superior co workers understanding the circumstances. the hardest part of the job is promotion and growth.

Very Nice Culture. Great Opportunities

This is one of the best places to work in India. Great Culture. Great Managers. Great Opportunities. Best place to be at considering where Microsoft is heading

Pros

Brand, Culture, Opportunities, Benefits

Shameless Leadership Under Microsoft Brand

Too much of politics which is also accepted by some leaders in social conversations but nothing has been done to change it. I worked for 10 years under Microsoft brand. I saw some great leaders across the board but the GD leadership was the worst I came across. It was shameful to work under some of the leaders in GD. Thank God I took decision on time to quit.

Pros

Brand Microsoft, Its employee benefits nothing great from GD itself.

Cons

to many to list but the politics scores at highest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2