Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews for Software Engineer

Found 42 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,303 reviews

You can grow with the efforts you put

Awesome company to work.Work-life balance can be achieved easily.Managers promote for taking vacations. Technology wise , we can work on anything we want.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

office politics is still there

Poor Management, lack of job security, work life is relaxed

The work life is better balanced than in other companies but the work is boring and the management is sluggish. The payscale is low, hence, not the best place to be in.

A little bit hectic but enjoyable

Work life balance for an intern is nothing. Intern is expected to do work all day and also as this time the internship was WFH so we didn't get that much learning experience as compared to on-site internship.

Pros

Opportunity to work with really cool and talented people.

Cons

Hectic schedule

Challenging and creative workspace

1. Teams are collaborative and lot of space for personal growth. 2. Management is really worst and quite biased about team members especially if you extraordinary.

Fun working place

Enjoy working with some of the great minds from best colleges across the country.Work life balance is got.Pay is little under par compared to competitors.

Worst Company in the world

Liar Liar pants on fire. Gave the best work to other people and leave you starving for credit. Don't work for it even if they pay you a million dollars

Great Place to work

Great place to work but with MSGD , there are no big oppurtunities to learn since its services based. But the overall satsfaction was good since there were lot of perks and incentives.

Pros

Perks and incentives

Cons

Work culture has lot of attitude

great peers to learn from

Most of the peers were smart and helpful but the culture and lack of process enabled a handful of people to do all sorts of things to obstruct hardworking and responsible individuals career growth.

Definitely a cool family to be associated with

I fulfilled various roles and overcame myriad of challenges during my tenure at Microsoft. Starting as a Service Operations Engineer, I got to experience the essence of a software engineer by working as a Tester, Developer and a Program Manager. I thoroughly enjoyed my time especially working as a Program Manager on Microsoft BING® product. Along side got to be a part of many voluntary initiatives and organize fun events.

Good company to work for

Good company to work for with challenging work and work life balance. Pay standards should be improved a little. Changing the BU after should be easy to move after few years of working.

Great place, work-life balance, fantastic management

Great place, work-life balance, fantastic management - loved my time there. Management took personal interest in my career growth and advancement, ensured I gave my personal life importance.

good

Typical day work not hectic , learned new and latest technologies, top management is good but team level it depends on person to person. workplace culture varies team by team .

Ok ok

Everything was okayish, but the work-life balance was good. Lots of politics, incompetent management, no proper code reviews or peer feedback, evaluations solely on relationships with teammates.

Slow and outdated

I was with Microsoft IT. Most of the applications are 20 years old with no substantial investment in updating them. Most of the time went in bug fixing or resurrecting servers than in actual development.

Good opportunity for new employee

A good place to work for people a new employee to learn international standards,Every day was a challenging day with the global clients. Friendly management with well mannered culture.

Productive workplace with a lot of benefits

It was a great experience working at Microsoft. I got to learn a lot and work on the latest technologies. The work progress is good. Various opportunities in terms of project work, leadership, learning new things are offered.

Great place to work at

Many teams to choose from, variety of work going on. Infinite opportunities to rise to the occasion. Driven individuals will learn a lot. If you are clueless, you may end up not learning much.

Extremely good place to work

Microsoft is a great place to work. Colleagues are smart. Work is good. Environment is positive. Has indoor games facility. Cares about work life balance.

Fun place to work

Great place. Would recommend! Work hours are typical. Work is relevant. Most enjoyable time is during the conferences and Hackathons. Work place culture is good.

A great place to settle in

Low innovation rate. Perfect for married people who want to settle into their lives with a comfortable workplace and salary. The company pampers you a lot. Very few times when I felt like I was doing something for the betterment of the people around me. Fewer politics than most Indian companies.

Great place. Could be better....

One of the best places to work in India. Be it the quality of work or the work-life balance, benefits - everything is good. The only problem I see is with the middle management in India - who seem to have taken this as their retirement job. Firstly, a lot of them are disconnected from technology and are only people managers; and bad at that too.

Pros

Work, benefits

Cons

Middle management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

3,425
2,421
1,049

Compare Microsoft with

• Microsoft
  • Software Engineer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?