Microsoft

Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Review

A great place to work with one huge disadvantage

It was an amazing place to work with great work life balance and growth opportunities. Until they brought in their AI and automated almost everything. Lots of layoffs and the place became not-so-great in a matter of 2 years!

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Layoffs

Productive and Good Learning Opportunity but worst in terms of employee centricity as a whole.

Wipro doesn't pay good hikes and good packages to its internal employees as in my case, rest work and learning is good. I like working in this company because of its conducive work environment.

Cons

No reimbursement for health insurance, less reimbursement for broadband, LTA is not additional to salary

Good to work

I learned stuff about software engineering and process and got better at code reviews. They have a lot of cool internal tools that help you do your job faster. I also learned more about testing, the importance of unit testing, the importance of not moving your code up to the next branch if a unit test fails and dealing with hundreds of people working on the same branch. The main languages used at microsoft is C, C++, C# and C++/CX (don’t ask). You’ll probably run into HTML 5, javascript and CSS depending on your team. So like I said, cool tools and some good processes in place to help you become a better software engineer. The downside is that they limit themselves on technology they use (this could be changing since Satya is our CEO). What I mean by this is I’ve never really heard people talk about Unix, perl, python, Java or other languages. It’s like they don’t exist. I find this to be limiting.

Nice experience

Good working culture, overall nice expereince. Works on the different technologies. The manager are really good. Work life balance is also good. Overall good expereince

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Microsoft with

• Microsoft
  • A great place to work with one huge disadvantage
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?