Microsoft

Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Review

best for short term, i mean 1-2 years as it becomes difficult to get out of this support profile either within Microsoft or outside Microsoft.Perhaps you could join and plan to move sooner.

Pros

There are numerous pros in terms of health benefit, cafeteria, insurance, goodies etc.

Cons

CSS -Support profile

Same roleSame location

Good for Full-time

I joined as a vendor/contract/CSG employee, and tried to convert to a full time position in Microsoft. The ecosystem designed for a vendor/contract/CSG employee is demotivating and you will be treated like an outsider. Unless you are really capable and willing to put extreme efforts to convert to a full time position, do not put your time here. Conversion process is very political and confidential, and in spite of good efforts you may not get a conversion because of budgeting. I prefer to work on real client projects and that helps with a better skill gain, in MSFT you may end up just troubleshooting in your lab environments and your customers will not listen to your solutions.

Pros

Rapid Skill Gain

Cons

contract
Same roleSame location

Was worth working with .

Was worth working with.helped me shape up my career well.it has a class of it's own.its been an honor working with one of the top technical experts in the industry.
Same location

Less pressure environment

Microsoft has great work ethic. You feel safe to raise your doubts. Scope for growth in career. Provide facility for work from home and remote work.

Pros

Exciting bonus, great management, collaboration, support for learning

Cons

Working with people in us( timezone), slow paced delivery

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Microsoft with

• Microsoft
  • I don't recommend joining CSS is good career move. Don't ruin your career joining CSS if you come from development background.