Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Learnt a lot from this company, enjoyed a lot, earned a lot.. super experience. Would like to be part of this company again in future.. work life balance is the key..
Pros
All good.
Cons
Sometimes work pressure results in big big stressed life.
It was a great experience to be a part of the Microsoft research experience where I worked on networking technologies. I had the opportunity to work with helpful mentors and advisors.
Very energetic, Fast paced work place with a strong undercurrent for challenging the status quo. Highly collaborative and driven by focus on customer needs and delight.
Pros
Extremly friendly policies
Cons
Too many layers of management
Microsoft is a great place to work and build one's skills in multiple areas. The access to cutting edge technology and Microsoft products and resources is, of course, unparalleled. Its workforce is highly motivated and talented, and opportunities to learn from colleagues are plentiful. Workplace culture is fairly relaxed but expectations are set high, and under-achievers do not last long. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with constant change, of everything from tools and technologies, to processes, procedures, goals, and expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a team of talented and hard-working individuals, based in locations around the world, all working together to enable our customers and partners to achieve more.
A big company with most of the same issues as a small company, but good facilities and salary to help you gloss over it. FTE positions are rare and coveted.
Awesome workplace snd great teammates. Only because I had some personal issues, I had to leave Microsoft. Otherwise I would not have left. Such a postive place.
Employee oriented and customer focused/obsessed. It helped me grow my personal and professional skills with various opportunities and responsibilities.
I fulfilled various roles and overcame myriad of challenges during my tenure at Microsoft. Starting as a Service Operations Engineer, I got to experience the essence of a software engineer by working as a Tester, Developer and a Program Manager. I thoroughly enjoyed my time especially working as a Program Manager on Microsoft BING® product. Along side got to be a part of many voluntary initiatives and organize fun events.
Very nice and comfortable company i am working It's very good to move on to the next level I have personal problem in last 2months it's the reason of leave my job
Cons
I had an opportunity to work with smartest people in the industry and thoroughly enjoyed every working day. I have got pretty good exposure to Microsoft Azure Services for Migrating on premise applications as well as building the PaaS applications.
Growth depends on contacts not on the performance. Its all perception driven system which do not want to see beyond its comfort level and have a set of people to rely upon inappropriately.
Colleagues and reporting mager all very good. Management staff is also very helpful. All areas working on outlook became easy with the help of my colleagues.
Microsoft is a great place to work where enough opportunity to learn new things and enhance your technical & soft skills. Opportunity to try your idea's and innovate new product or services. Great Culture Great work-life balance.
Microsoft as a company has a good work life balance. Only problem is that contract employees can find it hard to become FTE. Working environment and pay are at par with other companies
You will get an opportunity to learn most of the MS product which helps you to grow for free of cost. Best place to work which includes work culture & employee friendly.
Good company to work for with challenging work and work life balance. Pay standards should be improved a little. Changing the BU after should be easy to move after few years of working.
Awesome culture and learning opportunity. Top management is highly focused. Work life balance is moderate Job security is moderate. Growth within HR is highly limited
Pros
Free lunch, Education, Cab, Cafeteria
Cons
Growth within HR is highly limited
Work life balance, run your business at your own with total liberty under policies. Good to work in this organization as you get better work life balance
Micrososft usually hire to fire them in next couple of years so as to retain their old team.They have culture that manager shall need to give the stack ranking to HR for their team.Most of times, the lowest one will be the new joinee in the team.It is clearly understable that how one guy who joined whithin a year will surpass the existing employess who has worked for more than 10 years. So to retain the existing folks....they will hire and keep the new joinee as bottom in ranking.They will not consider the hard work/ effort and value added during the one year.Because they will hire to fire next apprisal to retain the other team members. Hence if you are new to any team...please be careful... if your team has multiple members of new joinees, then your risk may be bit less. if you are the only one hired and all other guys are old folks.Then you are scapegoat. becareful.
Pros
stock bonus on hire, facilities
Cons
hire to fire. new joinees are at big risk, job security
It was a fantastic experience working in Microsoft premises as a contractor. But has to re-locate to hyderabad from bangalore due to process movement or outsourcing.
Pros
work life balance
The company's work culture is pretty good. I got to learn a lot of stuff while I was an intern at Microsoft. They give real projects to interns which actually go into production.
  1. Employee Reviews