Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,063 reviews
Good company to settle in. Good work life balance. However, technology enthusiasts might feel the company is a bit slow-paced in onboarding new technology
Don't know how i stayed there for so long every day was miserable. Call center environment where the managers are watching every little thing you do. I remember I got in trouble once cause I went out of my way to help a new co worker with a question he asked the managers and no one helped him. So not only did the managers not help but if you try to help you get scolded.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
everything but pay
MS are behind in certain technological standpoints, but it’s a solid place to work in regards to job advancement and diversifying your skillset. With a large company, certain decision making takes longer than needed.
Pros
Solid management, good work advancement, solid benefits
Cons
Raises lower than expectec
Too many managers seem to manage “up” rather than help employees. You never quite feel like your local leader has your back, they’re more concerned with saving their own.
Pros
Great technology
Cons
Poor leadership
Morgan stanley is an excellent company to work for. They provide a good foundation for young employees to build their careers and grow in there roles.
Purely a cold calling position. Expected to hit a certain # of "email leads" per day, achieved by dialing nonstop on provided lists. Lack of appreciation, lack of understanding from management due to how much more difficult the job has become because of COVID (lists are obsolete since people are wfh on these companies).
This job suits anyone who is trying to get into the IT industry. Unfortunately, IT was never my desired path and because of that, I had to drop out early. The management is wonderful and the leads are great, but it's just not for me personally. I was a contractor, so I did not receive any benefits, but once you get hired, the benefits are great.
Good place to work if you want to be working with some of the smartest and successful folks in the business. Opportunities to work on large and meaningful transactions for some of the biggest, hottest, best-in-class, and most influential companies in the world. Cons are what comes with working in the IB industry - long hours, lack of predictabilty, being overworked / underpaid (in some functions) / underappreciated, no consideration given to work / life balance since primary objective is to be there for clients who pay the company enormous amounts in fees annually.
Pros
surprisingly collegial culture, highly impressive individuals at all levels, "exciting" client engagements
Cons
hours, no predictability or respect for work/life balance, below market compensation for non-revenue generating functions, industry follower not leader
Politics!! Unfair practice and management biased.Right place wrong qualification & experience.Hard working does not guarantee promotion.Good medical benefit.
Pros
Good medical benefit
Cons
Long hours, Politics
Everything about MS is good. Managers are amazing and they try to make everyone satisfied. The only issue I had was the office didn't have natural sunlight and to me this is a very important aspect.
Lots of agents/techs, not too much interaction since I was remote, didn't feel like a part of the culture. The work is fast paced and if you can thrive in that you can thrive with them.lots of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Good pay, good team leads
Cons
Short breaks, contract (no pto, benefits)
it was fun to work at Morgan Stanley and I look forward what's ahead of me. Here some things I did while working at Morgan Stanley • Analyze data for anomalies, trends and opportunities for improvement.• Complete impact analyses for all operations improvements.• Drive systems development and process improvements.• Participate in efforts to improve capabilities, process improvement and technology projects
Great culture Good work-life balance Rewarding pay Great management No day was the same Opportunities to grow Great training programs Fair treatment
It's an international corporation that values share holder's profits more than its employees. If they have a below then expected profit for a quarter then they will layoff employees regardless of their value-added to the firm or excellence as an employee.
It's an amazing place to get your foot in the door. You will be responsible for mostly financial planning and sometimes contacting clients to utilize online tools. You get what you put into it, advisors are usually very open to teaching you as well as learning from you as well. Overall an amazing place to work
Great job to work at. Management actually cares about you. Pay is good. A nice place to work to start an IT career. Not too many ways to get promoted though.
At least on the ops side of things, very inclusive culture fostering a diverse community of colleagues. The company itself feels like it is moving in the right direction regarding its relevance. Most investment firms and financial institutions feel so outdated and rooted in their traditions where Morgan Stanley seems hellbent on taking itself into the future and staying on the cutting edge of advancement. I have worked in several firms and Morgan Stanley honestly is the only one where I would highly recommend anyone to work.
Management is terrible. They don’t care about the client. They only care about compliance. The office staff is catty women. They failed an audit so everything you do is micro managed.
Pros
Potential compensation from advisors
Cons
Management does not have you in there best interest
You get a lot of good experience and nice culture benefits. But don't expect to stay for long as a Financial Advisor Associate. You're essentially there to leave assets you bring while you get the boot for not consistently meeting increasingly aggressive sales targets most people can not attain. Managers can be rude, inconsiderate and treat you like a second-class employee sometimes.
With this pandemic, Morgan Stanley has been more than flexible with everyone's at home situations. I am in a very niche area of work in client and data operations, but there are numerous options available after every 18 months in a role where you can change to a different part of the company entirely or another job in your team, which is pretty nice. Alongside that, there are "mobility officers," which are higher level supervisors that you can talk to about mobility with. Lots of people move around in the company, so you never feel like it's some huge ordeal you left a team.I do feel that they pay people less than other organizations at least to start out, probably so they are not paying top dollar to people that wont stay longer than just a couple years, but they do continually give out slight raises to the non-management/director club.All in all, every job is what you put into it and what your manager can help you do. Mine luckily is a small team with great chemistry and we work well with our Mumbai constituents, so I love working at MS. Wish less jobs were going to Mumbai for cost purposes, but it is an internation al busineess with a strong presence there.
Pros
Plenty of groups for people to join to meet new colleagues, programs for analysts/associates to check where they're at professionally, manager/director talks, continual push towards advancement
Cons
Pay to start is lower than the average for other big banks
other then that..... don't waste your time. Their mortgage group is so horribly ran with no reason of it to be improved any time soon. I was there for 2 years and the entire time they said "we're working on fixing that". 2 years later those problems are worse now then in the beginning. The only good thing is the guaranteed pay. Clients and staff are leaving faster then they can replace them.
  1. Employee Reviews