Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,014 reviews
Good company to settle in. Good work life balance. However, technology enthusiasts might feel the company is a bit slow-paced in onboarding new technology
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Morgan Stanley is good. Co-workers are respectful and the manager cares about employees. Working hours are 8 hours from Monday through Friday.
Good family and wellness benefits. Enjoyed working with clients always accommodating to unforeseen challenges. Is a teamwork environment. Managers give support to employees.
Pros
Family care leave./Good teamwork
Cons
Can be Stressful managing accounts for multiple financial advisors.
The compensation was not that good working as a secretary. I was getting paid $10 an hr which way below than what I did. If you are a Financial Advisor, the compensation is great with lots of opportunities. People there are friendly but lots of gossip.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Compensation
The messaging from Morgan Stanley on the corporate level is very good - focus on holistic planning, transparent fees. In practice, it is still a broker dealer. Now, instead of calling up people and pushing stocks you call them up and push expensive insurance.
If you arent a brown noser and go above and beyond normal duties you will not be respected. The management sometimes do not even have an education. Training is good!!
Morgan Stanley is a fantastic place to work. My bosses and the VPs were always available to answer any questions I had, and were very patient with me, as an entry level employee.
Day to day its extremely fast pace. High demand to deliver quantity and quality but no compensation increases over multiple years even when the work demand gets higher each year. A lot of intelligent people but not too organized. The stress level of the job demand is very high. A lot of unhappy hardworking people.
Pros
Brand name
Cons
No work life balance, high stress
You have to be a self starter to make it work there. As a financial advisor, you need to start with a roladex full of millionaires waiting to do business with you.
Experience at Morgan Stanley differs vastly across teams, departments and locations. To stand out, you must be a top performer and you will be rewarded for your efforts.
Frequent learning session help you to polish your skill and give better result. There is no boss-subordinate relationship, we all work as a team.You are very well appreciated for the contribution given
Pros
The best Pros are the annual ex-gratia provided
2nd to none. Best systems and best people. Bright minds and caring culture. Flexible work arrangements where needed. Competitive pay and decent bonuses.
Pros
Free dinner when working past 7pm
Cons
Healthcare could be better
Don't stop looking for work while you work here. You will get a stellar review, a very nice raise and bonus, and then suddenly unceremoniously be out the door. If you're a woman, you will have to deal with the Mad Men undertone to the corporate culture. If you're a woman, serious about your career, and you are especially bright, may I suggest you look elsewhere. That suggestion also applies to other minority groups. It may be the 21st century, but the corporate culture is about 60 years behind.
Pros
Benefits and pay are okay. The name of the company looks nice on your resume.
Cons
Not a company to for bright individuals, who are good at their jobs, and have serious career goals. Take your skills elsewhere.
I developed good relationships with people at Morgan Stanley. You have an opportunity to be entrepreneurial and learn new things. With the right skills and relationships, you can grow your career and enjoy various roles within the Firm.
Pros
Smart people
Cons
Could improve diversity & inclusion
Productive and fun place to work here, the manager supper helpful. In our department we're working as team, and support each other during the task daily
I have worked at call centers for the entirety of my professional career, which is going on 7 years now. I really enjoy customer service and I always appreciate working for companies where I don’t feel that typical “call center” atmosphere and that feeling of being just another person filling a desk. Companies that take care of their employees and truly care for their wellbeing. When I first started working for Morgan Stanley I really, really enjoyed it. Not sure exactly where the switch turned off but as time passed it became increasingly draining. I was so stressed out that my hair started falling out in chunks. Again, I actually enjoy customer service, which means I do extremely well under a lot of stress. I don’t know if it was the clients I would speak to on a daily basis or management that wasn’t very helpful but my mental and emotional health was not okay that by the time my professional career with them had ended I felt like a bag of bricks just fell off my shoulders and I could finally breath. The pay is amazing but it honestly wasn’t worth it to me in the end.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No personal life/work balance, Draining, No benefits
Decent for a first job, good co workers, very friendly and knowledgeable. Good environment. Work can be a bit tough sometimes and the pressure due to deadlines
Cut throat environment with several two faced individuals. Established advisers are helpful. Rookies and newbies are so insecure that they can't be trusted.Managers just try to stay out of the way of the veterans. Do not like to make decisions. They would rather have you mess up without their input so nothing sticks to them.
Pros
Good meetings
Cons
Not much experience in the office management ranks
Good culture, benefits and advancement opportunities, friendly coworkers. Management very supportive and nice Overall good experience and perfect for a first job
I like my job. Some CSAs stay their entire time with MS as a CSA. This is a glorified secretary position. You'll be answering the phone, sending documents, and trying to keep records up to date. If you earn your series 7/66 then you get to also be a csa/sales assistant. The catch and something everyone should know is that you are the wedge between your management BSM/CRO/Brank management- Business Service Management manager and the Financial Advisor. There are CROS- compliance managers, and tons of other Branch management. But the thing you should always remember is Morgan Stanley pays you. The advisor can choose to pay you extra but aren't required to. They give you "bonuses" % of my pay is bonuses provided by the advisors I assist. Its imperative that CSA's understand this because it will not be clearly explained AT ALL by management and a new CSA may get confused by who to take proper direction from. Advisors will ask you to do things that aren't in the "policy" all the time. Branch Management will depend on you to tell the advisor no and follow policy. But remember you are trying to get a bonus to help supplement the pay that MS pays you. Its a tough spot to be in sometimes, but just go by the policy and escalate things up to the management so they can make the exception. Its an exercise in stupidity sometimes but like I said, I like my job so its not all that bad. I like helping people so this job is in my lane.
Pros
essential business so I still have a job for the time being.
Cons
lower pay for region, Advisors allowed to go outside Policy and management allows
Young managers that do not appreciate wisdom or any type of free thought. Many recommendations were not even given the slightest consideration. Most jobs start from being a temp first. It's a very busy call center but it's not made obvious from their postings & temp agency postings.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Management, Pay, Culture