Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews for Analyst

The company is good. Management is very supportive and helpful. They encourage you to be proactive at your work. My VP is very approachable. No topic is off limit during your one on one's.
Pros
Except for the Con no other issue
Cons
Yearly layoff
Morgan Stanley was my first job in the corporate world. I was responsible for drafting Trade Contracts for the Asia Pacific Region. The Management helps in developing your skill set by organizing various training and events.Having worked with MS, I loved in work culture and enthusiasm of all the teammates in encouraging each other to succeed. Also one thing I liked, was your hard work is always appreciated. I feel privileged to have worked with Morgan Stanley. And would love to be part of this wonderful organisation in future
I had great time working at Morgan Stanley, meeting different people. Great knowledge about financial markets. Typical day at work was filled with excitement as my work involved using different kinds of strategies and skills to complete work because I had to go through different types of trade deals.
Pros
Knowledge, great teamwork
Cons
Work culture is very standardized and it's easy to adapt. We feel more flexible, We can learn how professional to be in the workplace. Have good fun committee to conduct good events.
Its a great place to work. Will provide you with lot of opportunities and has a good work life balance. Ensure that you take the full advantage of learning and developing new skills.
It was great to work with morgan stanley makes you feel like family and has great career opportunities and excellent guidance and motivation. Great career
Lots of projects and constant growth of your knowledge. Opportunities are good.People are really helpful and you can express of what you feel is wrong freely
Morgan Stanley is an amazing place to work at. It gave me the opportunity to communicate with people all around the world, understand their needs and delivering a solution to their issues or their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the entire team that I was a part of was like a family, we had each others back. I learnt how to work on different systems or on different interfaces, Enhanced my communication skills, Team work, achieving targets.
Work life balance is really good and management takes good care of employee be it at entry level. Managers will support for innovative ideas and help to explore more.
Pros
Employee friendly
Learned how to do cordination Workplace was healthy to worked . hardest part of job was that it was on contract. enjoyable part was timings , no pressure .
Pros
station drop
Cons
contracts
Very nice workplace . best culture i have seen. work hours were extended though rest all was very nice Hardest part of job was operations manual process .
Pros
Home drop
Cons
Long Hours
A typical day at work would mean some serious business in a good environment with people ready to guide if need be. Management was taken care of and employees were allotted work in such a way that all would have an idea of what is going on within the department. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment around which made things look simpler than they were.
Pros
Great work culture, guidance from everyone.
Working environment is good and nature of work is also good.Co-workers were very supportive. Not much stress. But being a temporary employee there was lot of discrimination.
Pros
Free Transportation
o Comparing budgets with actual cost & revenues related to production, marketing and capital o Reconciling control accounts and sorting out discrepancies o Filing VAT return, E-TDS payment & E-TDS quarterly return o Remitting foreign currency for import advance & other expenses like traveling, consultancy, advertising & project export • Prepared reports for top management and summarized business financial position in areas of income, expenses, capital usage & cash flows • Handled activities related to: o Preparation of strategic plans, budgeting and financial forecast o Maintenance & filing of projected P&L Accounts, Bills Discounting and Balance Sheet as required by bank authorities & other financial institutions o VAT, TDS & Income Tax Assessment
Pros
free dinner and gaming zone
Cons
less competetive work
Morgan Stanley Advantage Services taught me many things in life. Great place to work and amazing work culture. Got global exposure and came across financial products which otherwise, would not be able to experience.
Pros
Good Learning
Prepare, evaluate and initiate commercial claims arising from charter parties and sales and purchase contracts for tanker vessels. Working with the trading group and operators to estimate demurrage on physical trades.
a typical day at work ...good fun place challenging job with friendly environment
Pros
many
Cons
timings
Daily and Timely delivering the PnLs. Analysing the PnL drivers and have control checks on it Performing Month end task.
Morgan Stanley is one of the best place to work with. Management and HR is involved to bring in work-life balance for each individual working at Morgan Stanley which is great. All team and Managers are fun to work with, there are no barriers for communication anyone can walk to anyone and speak about concerns he/she might have which is very rare to have in MNCs.
Cons
odd job timings