Morningstar

Morningstar Employee Reviews

Work for a purpose

Everyone at Morningstar is working towards a common mission of helping investors achieve their goals. That builds a sense of community internally that makes Morningstar an energizing place to work.Management is open to new ideas as long as they are well thought out and supported by data. Comp is a little low compared to industry standards.

Pros

mission oriented, flexible, great team

Cons

compensation is low.

If you want money this is not the place to work. The management team does not care about what the day to day struggles are.

If you do not have tough skin this is not the place for you to work. The management team is not good on the residential side. Upper management needs to change.

The mission is greed. Cult like atmosphere

The general theory that goes along with Morningstar is do more with less keep things hidden always have a smile on your face even when you're miserable which is most of the time. The company has lofty idea but does not back them up it's all about the dollar people pay in a huge amount of money to live there and do not get what their promised. Constant change in management and employees due to the way the job is handled I feel sorry for them.

Supportive management

Supervise parent educators and counseling. Learned creative ways to work with families with issues. Culture at workplace was positive. Harrdest part of job was working independently most of the time.

Pros

Supportive management

Cons

Travel

Excelente

Excelente hay los empleados y la seguridad es primero.tienen las los mejores troqué a en excelentes condiciones

Pros

No hay seguro medico

Cons

Las horas de espera en los campos

great work place

Good company. Overall happy. Benefits good. Nice work place. No issues at all. Highly recommended workplace. I returned to cruise ships and muss the Morning star environment

Pros

co-workers

Cons

That’s a family environment and they very nice

The boss is very nice and have good understanding if u need off he would make sure u have off and he make sure u always working it’s never a bad day over there for me

Pros

Home every weekend

Cons

Might have to stay gone

a very nice and small team in Canada

Management team is knowledgable and they all stay within the company for decades. Office location is great and the team culture here are very much appreciated.

Ok hrs,low pay.good benefits,not your regular 9-5 job

I did not mind the hrs, once I got used to working there.being indoors nice but still got bit chilly at winter and a very warm in the summer. Line Production work so not much to the training.

Excellent place to work

Learned many new things in different areas when working at Morningstar. There is a lot to say about it but in whole it gives the best seat in town to work and grow :)

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Morningstar?

not a great place to work

I loved my residents, talking to them every day was the best thing i did for them. Getting to know someones life and what the did with is was always what i was looking for when i went work, the hardest part of the day was when am getting off knowing i wont be there for another two days.

They were unappreciative and unfair.

My position was among one of the highest but I was still being paid the base while everyone else was getting more then me. I spoke about it and they said they’ll fix it and it was never fixed

I loved working with the children

I enjoyed making a difference in children's lives. The location is beautiful. Children are what should matter most at this location, development of their self-esteem, teaching life skills, promoting education to specific challenges.

Productive workplace with children

Accountability. Follow up. Manage the work force but avoid micromanagement. Encourage, motivate, reward and recognize. Reach out to employees by seeking them out.1. Stop multitasking It can be tempting to want to take care of a few tasks at once, especially if they seem small or easy. But it simply doesn’t work. According to neuroscience professor Earl K. Miller, “multitasking is not humanly possible.” We’re fooling ourselves when we say we can easily juggle phone calls, presentations, and eating lunch. Focus on one task at a time, and you’ll actually end up completing it faster.

Dispatch is a mess. No room to advance.

The instructors are good. Well at least some of them. They don’t tell you everything you need to know before you go out on the job. Dispatch is a joke. All a bunch of little high school girls who don’t know what they’re doing.

Very boring

I would go get the truck and then I would drive the truck to a set location and sit there for about 6-8 hours and get payed 10/hour. Within those 6-8 hours I would just watch Netflix or youtube.

Good company to work for, meeting a lot of people

I enjoyed working with the company, I met a lot of nice people. the patients were nice and friendly. The boss was fair, and went above and beyond to make sure we had what we needed to perform our duties.I treated the patients like my family members.hardest part of the job was losing a patient that i transported to death. A typical day at work was getting up early, using gps to find different address of patients, and the medical facility that they had appointments at, getting them there in a timely manner, safely.

Good company

This company is no longer active but this system doesn't allow to bypass This so indeed please fix this cause there is no point on doing this for a company that no longer exists.

It is a nice place to work.

Morningstar has quite a few excellent people working there in management. They are not afraid to jump in and help the CNA's do what needs to be done. The pay is also pretty good for the per diem staff.

Morningstar

It was a good experience to work and to get to know the residents personally! If you like a little company and working as a team then Morningstar is the place for you!

I’m very satisfied to work there.

I left the company because I lived so far and had problems for transportation at that moment. But my experience was satisfactory. I think it was a good program to work with patients and therapy’s groups.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morningstar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Morningstar with