Mott MacDonald

Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews

Talents are recognised here even if you are everage educated. Qualification is not the limitation for growth. Will get all kind of task to perform including engineering even if you are designer.
Nice company work culture.. Have a good management and very helpful. I think they provide good salary and good increment. I would like to recommend to work here once.
Mott Macdonald provide work balance life, best work culture, a good place for a hard worker, you want to explore more opportunities then this is the right place for Job.
Everyday was a different day, doing different tasks, meeting different people, different telephone conversations & queries. Loved meeting different customers & all staff are friendly & helpful. Hardest part for me is the long hours.
Pros
Refreshments provided free of charge
Cons
Long days
The key to MM is the management and employees. There is a great relationship between the staff and the management team. There is also great working culture and MM care about the staffs well being.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Long hours without financial benefits
a good Company to work with in Taiwan, supportive colleagues around the APNA region with the potential exposure in both wind and solar industry. would recommend the company to someone considering.
Everyone is responsible for their work. Very flexible, can be work from home. There are plenty of materials for learning and certificate is provided. Non earning staff ratio is very high; hence man-hour rate is high.
Cons
All fesilities are provided to the staff.
Great company to work for except for the layoffs and easy to work with management. Workplace culture is awesome, casual wear including jeans. Celebrates birthdays and anniversaries with lunch get together. Very family oriented.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too many layoffs
Excellent company in my carrier...i have been worked with them for 8 years...for me its a family... i spent more time in office rather than my home...
Good
Cons
Always pride
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mott MacDonald?
typical day of a QS remains same in MMM. alos i used to travel to Kuwait bi-weekly for two week stay in Kuwait. overall its good place to work. good office envoroment.
Pros
if you tarvel outside form your base offcie location. all cost will be reimbersed
Cons
nothing to add
enjoyed working with Mott and good experience while working with Mott . great exposure to technical and advanced automation techniques and taken care of many power , water and waste water projects
They have a very Good Work Culture. My department was very supportive when I started with the organization. I had a bunch of Good Colleagues and a great Line Manager.
Pros
Leave Benefits, Challenging Work, Good Learning
Brilliant place to Work, and a good team. However, they are reluctant to offer a payrise. If you are not concerned about how much you get paid, then definitely a good place to work.
Good support from TOP management. Learn new skills Its really fun to work at MOTT and no stress also very good Project management with great PM. I would recommend any one to work for mott mac.
I've worked for many companies that had excuses for not paying you or had so called computer problems!! They're are allot of those types out there and because of that no body wants to work for them!! Mott MacDonald always paid me for all my time and all my hours!!
Bad: I cannot think of anything bad about working at Mott Macdonald. As everything was good, it could have been because I was working remotely and was rarely at office.
A wide variety of interesting jobs. very little control over what you work on though. Very little support for career development so can get stuck working on boring projects. Wide range of specialist so can always ask help but very little support to put you on a job if 'you haven't got experience'.
Pros
Very good work life balance - management will also consider your personnel needs
Cons
Very bad career development after chartership
Working at some of biggest infrastructure projects in HK at the time and for a demanding goverment, we had to create innovative design solutions to satisfy the environmental criteria at all times and gain the public support on our solutions. Whilst working for an international team the guidance from the management at work level but also the cultural gaps had been very supportive. One of the hardest parts of the job was fulfuling the goverment's bureaucratic nature, which has resulted in long overtime hours. Also, although a UK company, in HK they have a 10 day annual leave allowance when you join the company that has made it very difficult for all us working there to visit our home countries. One of the most enjoyable parts of working there was the team spirit between colleagues and knowleadge exchanged between the departments.
Mainly working for a client (Anglian Water) for four years. The estimating team was mainly built up of MM people. I was Senior Estimator working with Water & Wastewater, building estimates from high level through to more detailed. As part of the management team I mentored the junior members in all aspects of estimating setting tasks and overseeing their work. Working in tandem I also estimated for Mott MacDonald as they have many clients requesting remote working, eg. Oil, Gas, Rail, Nuclear, Roads etc. The culture was good depending on what part and section of the company you worked for, I can't speak for every department. The most difficult part of the job was the expected travel and time away from family. The most enjoyable part was working with exceptional engineers and generally lovely people.
Nice Productive and stress free palce with helpful department manager and colleagues. In-hand salary is much lower than gross due to various useless deductions.
They allow managers to bully trainees, to the point where there is crying and anxiety. Other colleagues turn a blind eye as they are scared of particular managers.