National Health Mission

India145 reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & Benefits

nrhmgovtruralnationalhealthgovernmentmissionsector

Well maintained family and work life balance

Managing 200 OPD patients daily, field works, training, monthly meetings, salary not on time, no promotions, hike of only 5% once a year. Good family and work life balance.

Good

I am satisfied to do work IN NHM but salary was very low then other company or govt post same as what i was do work , it is a central Health Project , run by State govt, management is very poor, work place culture is not good ,Over time duty , helping to the poor and aging patients.

National Health Mission insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Poor salry

It is so poor. We cannot earn with equal work. I don't want to work more because it is so tuff and less earn. More mork less money in NHM. SALARY is less but work hour is more, all 24hrs. emergency duty.

Productive work place daily new task &challenge but iam ready

NHM is a good place to work. It helps us work for our country and its people. It gives you medical knowledge overtime of your working period. It is very good way as we can help people and feel like we are social workers too. NHM helps people and its aim is to make Rural India disease free or atleat reduce diseases. It has reduced mortility rate. It reduced the cases dangerous diseases like Polio, Measles, Malnutrition,etc. What I would liek to say is NHM is a good place for work and one of the best way to serve our country

Pros

Travel expenses, Mobility, Medicines, Seperate cabin for workers in this time where there is CoViD-19, etc.

Cons

Long hours, Less Salary, No Promotion, Temporary Job

Productive place

Good working experience but a stressful job to work. I work with utlising my full potential And I have about 21 years of experience in this field. I am a District account manager at National health mission.

Cons

Long hours of commitment

Good i.e. the work assigned to me was suitable for me

My work at NHM was challenging yet because of my good experience in Central Government and Public sector at Senior level I could handle it with ease

Pros

whenever there was a meeting I could enjoy free Lunch

Cons

I completed my work within prescribed hours

If you are a career aspirant, then never go for NHM jobs, it is waste of time.

NHM only offers contract jobs that are paid very low, also there is no job security as well. Only the post of PRO is somewhat respected among the other regular staff of the health department, the rest of the other employees are always treated as outsiders. You may have to compromise your dignity when you work in NHM>.

Pros

Work Hours

Cons

Job security

Boring Organization

Good organization but the staff behavior is very much outdated though they are cooperatives in terms of welfare relation. The accounts and personnel department is very intolerable as any short of leave was not entitled for contractual worker by the authority. Due settlement is non transference as not specific guideline is available. Work is going on the basis of boss’s mode.

Pros

Free Tea twice in a day

Cons

Long Hours

Wanted for a job as an assistant for a doctor

It's good to have a job under NHM Assam.i am currently doing job at sualkuchi.i want to be an assistant for a doctor.im free in the evening so I want to use it....my job duty is over by 1.30 PM

Good

Central govt ngo working and focusing more on rch in India, implementing national program its nice company to work with, good compensation and living of standards are maintain well

worst environment

worst environment for work freely, every day at 10 am feel pressure regarding may i lost my job today. no systematic job responsibility, no systematic salary package.

It was really good experience work with National Rural Health Mission

It was good journey for me, their are four stages for selection criteria one is shortlisted for the position, second is written test, third was GDPI and fourth was personal view. I was worked on two major projects one is Janani Shishu Surksha Kraykram's - Referral Transport and Mobile Medical Unit both projects are very much challenging. Under the guidance of senior officers learnt many things, understand the work culture and challenges in the system. Successfully implemented projects in all over Maharashtra. Comparative work, pay scale is very less for contractual employees and their are no other benefits like PF, graduaity, mediclaim facility etc. As government is providing such enormous and wonderful services to the society, unfortunately contractual staff is lacking for their basic rights. Few of the permanent employees not cooperate contractual employees as well they treated very badly. It was overall experience about the contractual employees.

Review summary was excellent

Job nature was super but the salary level is low.It is an Government programme started at 2007 all over india.It aims that to reduce the maternal and infant mortality rate.

No management.

Working in nhm as dpc here no much learning, no management, no work pressure. I am not able to learn new skills. Management is very poor . No skill n

Pros

No work pressure, no time limit

Cons

Low salary, no new learning, saturation

Productive and learning area with full of advancement

Very good initiative took by government of india in collaboration with European Union..they give all facilities and Providence to remote areas.i will give 5 stars to nhi.

Pros

Get opportunities

Cons

Low salary

Management of that organization was good

I worked as staff nurse in the mobile health team which provided me a job security and good job culture however salary was low but i have learnt to deal with the children.

Pros

Skills to deal with the children

Cons

Salary was not satisfactory

Highly learning environment

The government hospital build for the rural women to conduct free deliveries. I enjoyed my learning in a such a challenging job responsibilities environment.

Pros

Free dinner for night shifts.

Cons

No fix hours

Good structure in Management and salary

There should be work culture and friendly environment. And there should be structure regarding salary and work. And the work should be like that we can learn something new and knowledgeable.

PHC is best as per me

Good place to work with friendly environment with less working hours.. you get proper time for your family and friends also.. you need to make medicolegal reports whenever a case comes.. rest is all very easy

Pros

Less working hours

Cons

Sometimes 24 hrs duty at CHC

non productive

Doing job in national health mission is a very tough task to do... the job is rural oriented... government does not provide any health or accidental insurance even don't deal with pension plan.extremely low salary which doesn't credit on time... the best part of the job is to learned the dealing with non educated people of rural areas. the job also teaches how to manage the circumstances in extremely difficult situations and bad weather. but while working with film production houses ; the payment/salary credited on time and working becomes more adventurer and excited. and lots of things to learn.

Pros

no fooding provided from government sectors but on film set, care taken very well

Cons

such a long hours of work in both places

Good

Excellent Procedures, PIP. Have a Plan and Hierarchical set up. Financial Follow us regular audits , staffing , and great learning experience. All stake holders are equally involved and responsible..

Pros

Excellent Place to work

Cons

Long Hours and Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Health Mission. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare National Health Mission with