NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF NUTRITION

NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF NUTRITION Employee Reviews

India16 reviews

productive and experimental

Good place to learn new things about advancements in research and development. Great infrastructure for analysis in food parameters. The Animal laboratory is one of the best in the state

Nice for science graduates

NIN is good only for science graduates & not other streams as its a central govt research institute. we get work only on projects which is of 6 months or 1 year graduation & after that no one remembers us. it is useful for those who are having govt job AIM in their life as they can do the work here as a part time also saturdays, sundays are any way off for all the staff whether it is permanent or project.

NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF NUTRITION insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good

Iam so lucky to work in nin. Colleagues are very good. Enjoyed a lot in working in. Motivate sirs and madams. Very good. We all worked together. good.

It is one of the famous research organisations under ICMR, India where research on cutting-edge areas of nutrition and science is being carried out.

I have learned to handle time bound projects independently,validation of biochemical and molecular assays. Documentation and publications in Journals.

Very Cooperative and Productive and amicable Environment

I was quite comfortable in performing my work though it is hectic. I learnt good knowledge from my Scientists and also gave me scope to put forward my views. The management are quite cooperative. Work place culture is very amicable among the colleagues, the hardest part is that getting the samples from hospital (I need to travel long distances to collect the samples), off course that also a experience in meeting the patients and get to know about their disease state. My satisfaction levels are very high as I am doing a small contribution in clinical manifestation to the patients by relieving them with proper treatment modalities with the help of medical oncologist.

Pros

Happy weekends with family

Cons

Traffic jam

flexible timings

Good place to work Management is cooperative and encouraged well Good place to learn the work The hardest part is at the time when the project comes to an end The most enjoyable part is while working

Pros

5days to work per week

Cons

Food at canteen

Productive and Learning work place

National Institute of Nutrition is a premier central government Institute in India for Nutrition research. It's coming under the Indican Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi.

productive work place

Pre clinical Toxicology and in vivo pharmacology experience. Aminal handling and cell culture experience. most enjoyable experience. superb work culture.

Excellent environment to work

My day consisted of working on Molecular Biology and Microbiology projects. I have gained huge experience in laboratory techniques and published several papers in International Journals.

Analytical research and lab experience in generation of data and analysis and knowledge in GLP, GMP and ISO/IEC:17025:2005

I have acquired advanced scientific research experience at National Institute of Nutrition, Indian Council of Medical Research. I am in the management committee of Indian Dietetic Association I was supervising the food analysis unit and advising my co workers for the experiments and investigations carried out in the lab

research and fun work place

good to work more practical knowledge good managment good co workers long hours and saturday and sunday works research

Pros

free tea

Cons

more patience is required

Analytical chemistry , biochemistry, Life science

High Performance Liquid Chromatography (U-HPLC) 3000 series, Dionex (Thermo), Empower (waters), Chemstation( Agilent) with UV- DAD, Fluorescence, RID and ELSD detectors. • Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS), Thermo Finnegan LCQ Advantage Ion Trap MS & Applied bio systems, Q-STAR XL Quadruple TOF-MS • Chemical Ionization. • Electro spray Ionization. • Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionization. • Troubleshooting and routine maintenance of mass spectrometers, Source cleaning and reassembling. • Fast-Gas Chromatography (GC), Agilent co. with FI and MS detectors, GC-MS. • Knowledge of regulatory guidelines for the bio-analytical analysis (ICH guidelines), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Quality Management Systems (QMS): ISO 9001, Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS): ISO 22000 • Molecular biology techniques e.g. DNA/RNA/Plasmid isolation, Thermo cycler (PCR, RT-PCR) • Maintenance of log books and data sheets by Good Laboratory Practices (c-GLP), Good Hygienic Practices (c-GHP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (c-GMP)

Carried out my Ph.D at NIN

Worked on Rat retina- studied the effect of dietary factors on normal retina and retina under pathological conditions like diabetic retinopathy and obesity associated retinal degeneration. Cloned and purified a novel elongase, ELOVL4 protein implicated in macular degeneration disease through baculovirus expression. Carried out animal experimentation and animal surgeries along with other lab members.

Qualitative & Quantitative work

Quality control analysis Learned about operating instrumentation Good management Nice team work.

Job security

Highly responsible position and support from higher authorities

Pros

Job security

Cons

Less income compared to corporate offices

productive

I worked as Research Intern.I could work with humans in this projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF NUTRITION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF NUTRITION Reviews by Location

Learn about NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF NUTRITION in popular locations

• NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF NUTRITION
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?