NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF NUTRITION

NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF NUTRITION Employee Reviews

Good place to learn new things about advancements in research and development. Great infrastructure for analysis in food parameters. The Animal laboratory is one of the best in the state
NIN is good only for science graduates & not other streams as its a central govt research institute. we get work only on projects which is of 6 months or 1 year graduation & after that no one remembers us. it is useful for those who are having govt job AIM in their life as they can do the work here as a part time also saturdays, sundays are any way off for all the staff whether it is permanent or project.
Iam so lucky to work in nin. Colleagues are very good. Enjoyed a lot in working in. Motivate sirs and madams. Very good. We all worked together. good.
I have learned to handle time bound projects independently,validation of biochemical and molecular assays. Documentation and publications in Journals.
I was quite comfortable in performing my work though it is hectic. I learnt good knowledge from my Scientists and also gave me scope to put forward my views. The management are quite cooperative. Work place culture is very amicable among the colleagues, the hardest part is that getting the samples from hospital (I need to travel long distances to collect the samples), off course that also a experience in meeting the patients and get to know about their disease state. My satisfaction levels are very high as I am doing a small contribution in clinical manifestation to the patients by relieving them with proper treatment modalities with the help of medical oncologist.
Pros
Happy weekends with family
Cons
Traffic jam
Good place to work Management is cooperative and encouraged well Good place to learn the work The hardest part is at the time when the project comes to an end The most enjoyable part is while working
Pros
5days to work per week
Cons
Food at canteen
National Institute of Nutrition is a premier central government Institute in India for Nutrition research. It's coming under the Indican Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi.
Pre clinical Toxicology and in vivo pharmacology experience. Aminal handling and cell culture experience. most enjoyable experience. superb work culture.
My day consisted of working on Molecular Biology and Microbiology projects. I have gained huge experience in laboratory techniques and published several papers in International Journals.
I have acquired advanced scientific research experience at National Institute of Nutrition, Indian Council of Medical Research. I am in the management committee of Indian Dietetic Association I was supervising the food analysis unit and advising my co workers for the experiments and investigations carried out in the lab
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF NUTRITION?
good to work more practical knowledge good managment good co workers long hours and saturday and sunday works research
Pros
free tea
Cons
more patience is required
High Performance Liquid Chromatography (U-HPLC) 3000 series, Dionex (Thermo), Empower (waters), Chemstation( Agilent) with UV- DAD, Fluorescence, RID and ELSD detectors. • Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS), Thermo Finnegan LCQ Advantage Ion Trap MS & Applied bio systems, Q-STAR XL Quadruple TOF-MS • Chemical Ionization. • Electro spray Ionization. • Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionization. • Troubleshooting and routine maintenance of mass spectrometers, Source cleaning and reassembling. • Fast-Gas Chromatography (GC), Agilent co. with FI and MS detectors, GC-MS. • Knowledge of regulatory guidelines for the bio-analytical analysis (ICH guidelines), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Quality Management Systems (QMS): ISO 9001, Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS): ISO 22000 • Molecular biology techniques e.g. DNA/RNA/Plasmid isolation, Thermo cycler (PCR, RT-PCR) • Maintenance of log books and data sheets by Good Laboratory Practices (c-GLP), Good Hygienic Practices (c-GHP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (c-GMP)
Worked on Rat retina- studied the effect of dietary factors on normal retina and retina under pathological conditions like diabetic retinopathy and obesity associated retinal degeneration. Cloned and purified a novel elongase, ELOVL4 protein implicated in macular degeneration disease through baculovirus expression. Carried out animal experimentation and animal surgeries along with other lab members.
Quality control analysis Learned about operating instrumentation Good management Nice team work.
Highly responsible position and support from higher authorities
Pros
Job security
Cons
Less income compared to corporate offices
I worked as Research Intern.I could work with humans in this projects