National Institute of Virology

National Institute of Virology Employee Reviews

India11 reviews

Working in NIV,Pune

Working in NIV, Pune was Fun and it was a very good Learning Curve in my Career I learned a lot of New Skills and grew overall in my Personality The Staff n helpers in the Institute were very respectful and helpful

Productive workplace

A typical day at work is extremely busy. I have learned lots of useful lab techniques. The environment at workplace is collaborative and productive. The hardest part of the job is to wait patiently for experiment results and the most enjoyable part of work is to get successful results after lots of hard work.

National Institute of Virology insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Job security and fun to work with

Good work environment. Never felt boared as working is very fun. In responsible position handling a team of about 45 persons in shifts is very difficult, but here there is no issue as the supporting staff also is very good

research institute

This is good and well known institutue in all over India. Mainly work on diseases that will help to human beings. All staff is good and all good in there work. Helping nature.

Informative, Productive, Fun Place To Be At

Having amazing Mentors helped to understand, complete the project on Comparison of the Phylogeography of Japanese Encephalitis Virus (Envelope Gene) With Emphasis on Indian Isolates within time and enjoy at the workplace.

Pros

Amazing Mentors

great place to work

Its a good learning place to do your work and to go ahead in your career. Staff and colleagues are good. Work and Personal life can be balanced. Timings are 9-5.30. its great

Research and Diagnostic Institute

this is predominantly a Diagnostic Institute where research is the secondary objective of most of the Non- Scientific Staff. You can learn new techniques but most of the staff are not keen to teach you so you have to do it on your own.

Pros

Best Research institute for Virology

Cons

Really long hours and reporting time in the morning is fixed, Lot of technical government staff and very less research students

more learn

National institute of virology is a central govt virus research centre. i am work in administration there is lot of work but process and system are very nice. you absolutely enjoy your job.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

average hours

learn from seniors at time of breakdown occurce

As my previous company is a automobile company where many machines runs on compressed air, so air compressor have first priority to be mainten once compressor were fails to start and other one of stand by compressor had also porblem in screws at that time in less time how to find out problem and what actions to be taken in that setuation was learnt, simply by following finding step by step all causes of fault.

Productive and fun work place

I have learned many different techniques such as expression of protein, RT-PCR etc.Management is goodMy co-worker are of helping nature.I love what i do so each part is enjoyable.

This institute is a governmental research institute.

All administrative work is done like purchasing material, billing, payroll etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Institute of Virology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

National Institute of Virology Reviews by Location

Learn about National Institute of Virology in popular locations

• National Institute of Virology
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?