New Look

New Look Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,935 reviews

Making monthly statements, Sales and Net Profit

Making monthly statements and projects for net sales and profits was a good learning experience

One Rule for management, another one for staff

The first new look I worked at was a dream and I had such a blast used to work loads of overtime so I could pay bills every month until I transferred to a new store my hours downgraded, my pay decreased by more than 50%. I needed a day off for a scan because I have suspected PCOS and they basically said no and told me to REBOOK my scan because they were short staffed ( I was absolutely furious when they said that ) but management phone in sick whenever they like and it’s not an issue. I am leaving in 2 weeks and I can’t wait, will never work here again. Only thing I’m going to miss is my discount.

Pros

40% discount, 25% concession discount

Cons

6 hour shifts with no break, hypocritical managers, entitled customers

It’s what u make of it

Depends what store your in some are very clicky some days are a good laugh and others a very big work load which isn’t justified by what they pay you.

Bad management, staff are treated like robots

Working at new look is stressful. The managers do not support you, instead they shout at staff when your not hitting targets, making staff feel useless and worthless. The managers are so lazy they stand on the shop floor talking and on their phones, whilst they leave staff members to rush around on a busy day. Staff members are not treated with respect, if you ask for help the managers will just patronise and laugh at staff, which makes staff members feel uncomfortable. Would not recommend working here, as staff are under appreciated. Nothing will change unless they get rid of the managers

Pros

40% Staff discount nice staff members

Cons

Bad management Stressful environment unrealistic targets

Good company

Many company benefits. It is easy to become a team leader or manager. Senior staff are easy to contact and all concerns are dealt with appropriately. Friend company culture.

Long hours, boring job

Typical warehouse despatch centre job. Picking and packing mostly, palletising boxes of inbound stock, stock control. Long hours and repetitive tasks, the day just feels too long, all day on your feet, some days done 20 km and more.

Pros

Free beverages in canteen

I love it

It's usually always a fun and busy day. Management is easy going if you follow the rules. Flexibility with hours. The clients are generally fun to deal with. Every company has bad days, but that's normal at any job. I wouldn't trade it for another place.

Fast paced and awkward shifts

8 hour contract but given random hours with lots of awkward 4 hour shifts. Management and other employees are nice and not a toxic work environment at all. Pay is a bit rubbish but management constantly push us to hit kpis and work extremely hard for a minimally paid job. On our feet a lot.

Fast paced environment

It is a fast paced environment Customer service skills essential as customers here can be difficult to deal withGives you great experience in all aspects of retail

Pros

Friendly co workers

Cons

Unsociable hours sometimes

Loved my time at New Look!

I had the best three years at New Look. It was my second retail job and I learnt a lot more skills than any other job I’ve had. The managers were always great, you never felt left and they were always there if you had any queries. It was quite a small store compared to others so the work culture was a lot more relaxed but discipline was always there, which is needed. The team were amazing I made some good friends and even as a student you can still progress! Small stores can become difficult when staff begin to leave and there isn’t many employees, meaning you will end up with overtime, which is great for some, but if you have a lot of other responsibilities it can become quite hard. I had a 4 hour contract and luckily I ended up with 12 hours a week, even around 25 hours at Christmas so I felt really stable. With small contracts however you’re not guaranteed overtime which can be unfortunate. Overall, it’s the best job I’ve had, it can be challenging but you get the hang of it.

Pros

Great management, fun, never bored

Cons

Low hour contract, can be challenging if busy

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at New Look?

unhappy place to work

very miserable times for me. unpleasant staff with miserable faces. same repetive boring job every shift got told if I didn't like the job I was given then I could easily be moved elsewhere,2 weeks into the job I asked to be moved it was hurting my back got told tough sorry this all we have. constantly telling you pick rate not enough speed up. working flat out still it's never quite good enough 3 weeks into the job and they compare your pick rate to staff who have worked there many yrs. was glad to leave this place and would never return or recommend to anybody unless they were absolutely desperate and was no alternative.

Work experience

Worked on a job experience through the job centre got treated like rubbish I was always doing the jobs no one wanted to do and also got no support I would never work here on a zero hour contract.

horrible place to work

minimum wage and paid monthly with horrible management makes newlook a horribly toxic place to work. impossible to get more hours! colleagues were friendly but any “management” was highly unprofessional and degrading to not just me personally but all other staff members. not fit to me running the place at all! glad i got out of it while i could!

Great

I have worked here for over 4 years now and I feel like it’s my home. I enjoy working with clothes and customers. If you’re looking to belong in a team and develop amazing relationships with customers, this is the store for you!

New look Avis

Société qui vous dévalorise en permanence qui vous fait travailler un nombre d’heures illégales Leur but licencier après avoir pressé le citronCela est mon expérience avec une DR complètement f…. Qui a été viré pour harcèlement ce que j’ai vécu pendent toute la présence dans la société avec elle Le RH a fermé les yeuxJ’espere que cela a changé

Unhealthy environment

The management was appalling. I would be forced to stay without being paid on so many occasions. Made to come in at stupid hours of the morning and stay late at night. I am in eduction still and this was never taken into consideration as I was given more hours each week even when I asked for less. Asking for any time off for important medical appointments wasn’t even allowed. Horrible place to work. Mental health is never considered.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Not getting paid properly, always taken advantage of

it can be fun but it can also be jarring

The work itself becomes easy once you get the hang of it. There's a lot to be doing at all times so unless trade is slow that week, it's usually a busy environment. Colleagues were great for the most part and got you through a difficult day; teamwork is essential there. The thing that eventually drove me away was poor management and the lack of compassion for a work/life balance. There are clear favourites and if they don't like you, they will make it known. The pay was decent. I would say keep yourself to yourself and expect loyalties from no one.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

lack of work/life balance

It’s what you make of it. Good management makes or breaks.

New Look can be a great opportunity to work how you want to. If you’re there for weekends for extra cash or looking to develop and progress in the store/business, it can be very flexible regarding hours and tasks. General day to day work is fairly easy and can be quite fun, it all coming down to your customer service and willingness to help as well as tidying the store (a task I find a nice kinda mindless job, just enjoy the tunes), with the chance to try out some more creative VM related tasks if interested. As a supervisor, there was obviously more required, in VM or operational pursuits, depending on what was on your job list, but with good pacing and delegating shouldn’t inherently be too overwhelming or stressful. And having more freedom in how you work, and to a certain extent to store as a whole, can be very enjoyable and fulfilling. Overall, New Look has the potential to be a great place to work, but I believe that all depends on the managers. I had good managers and bad managers, and the effect that has on the team and everyones actual desire to be at work is crucial. And even as a former Supervisor myself, there’s only so much I could do, so many gaps I tried to fill myself so the rest of the team could feel supported and happy at work, before I completely burnt out (mental health being something i think was particularly lacking in support there in the first place).

Okay

Got a job here as a Christmas temp. They didn’t organise training very well which meant I didn’t receive till training like I was supposed to and then got told off for not being able to work the till during the busy periods. Other than that was okay and got payed a fair bit for not actually doing a lot

Pros

Okay pay

Cons

Management disorganised

Fun and friendly

It’s a nice place to work. The management and nice and easy to approach if you have any questions or problems. The hours are good too and the pay is minimum wage.

Fun for a while as a teen

Pros: make lots of new friends in same position as you.good first job as a teenagercons:shift worklong hourspoor managementfavouritism amongst staffno structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• New Look