NIMHANS

NIMHANS Employee Reviews

I will do my work well, as tha directed our head. And also i learn how to communicat with tha peoples. And hear learn tha data entry work also. And now i fill good about to me.
A very resourceful experience. Only skilled people would be able to balance out life and work at NIMHANS. Exposure is emense. Be prepared to slog well they pay you for that.
Nimhans is institute which gives learning in every situation and upgrades our professional skills, its best institute which provides neurology, neurosurgery and psychiatry care to patients
Good place to be. Ideal place to learn new skills like human genetics. One can certainly plan to spending a part of his or her professional life here.
I was working there as an intern for a month. Work culture is good and environment too. Exposure is more in every aspect of physiotherapy. Treatment skills used are good. Learning is more.
Pros
Appreciable breaks
Cons
Too many interns
This is one of national institute in india specialized for neuro and psychiatry. This well known institute in bangalore where i studied help me a lot to gain more information regarding their specialization.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
long working hours
lan and work accordingly, i learnt a lot from seniors about the product as well as managementvery nice workplace, long hour . Office outingd,inic , partys.
Pros
picnic
Cons
good interdisciplianry work professionalism accountability work ethic opportunity to learn, refine skills ethical standards multitasking experience
Pros
multidisiplinary approach, accountability and ethical standards
Cons
less scope/focus on creativity, advocacy, innovation for community
Friendly environment,very informative learning,nice teachers,nice accommodation, though exaustive daily routine...would like to work nearby home nanded,maharashtra
In my evaluation though NIMHANS is a premier institute it stands no where to the standard of NIH , USA. I started as a PG student then became a faculty. Starting from a Lecture I became a Senior-Professor all by direct Selection never under a promotion scheme. I officiated as the Dean of Faculty and my superannuation as Director- Vice-Chancellor of NIMHANS. The faculty is immature and lack perspective and insight in to academics. They are incapable of originality.
Pros
The Best In India
Cons
Irrationality abounds
My therapy was productive..Patients had interest and enthusiasm in learning Music.Patients with different learning disabilites were made to sing..they were so happy to sing and were crying with joy when they were made to learn devotional songs..I have understood their problems and make them learn easier songs with good management of nurses and doctors, my co-workers are very supportive, the hardest part of the job is to understand each patient's nature and background and teach songs accordingly...enjoyable part is that, when the sing the songs as per the teacher's advice.
I was exposed to wide variety of medical equipment, I went up to all department to view different type of medical instruments like CT, MRI , X-ray, EEG, ECG etc.Could see practical working of these machines.
The day would begin by either the ward rounds (ie seeing the patients who are admitted), or by the out-patient work depending on the schedule of the psychiatry unit we were posted in. We would also see our individual therapy cases either for therapy or for assessment. Twice a week in the afternoons, we would attend departmental academic programs (one would be an article review and the other a topic presentation). Once a week we would have the Psychotherapy case presentations in which students would present a case they have seen for therapy and the department would discuss the management strategies etc.. Work also included teaching the BSc nursing students and DPN (Diploma in Psychiatri Nursing).
I liked working here an d grow myself but what they paid is just insufficient in Bangalore where the cost of living is so high.
NIMHANS is a hospital and research Institute hence either we have to collect tumor samples during surgery and process them according to our experiment plan. Learned maintaining good laboratory practices, collection of sample during brain surgery, various experimental techniques, maintenance and culturing Primary culture. Management was good. My co-workers were very good and helpful. We used to work as a team. Hardest part was to maintain the Primary cultures free of contamination. The most interesting part was culturing Primary culture and observing its morphological changes.
a excellent institute to learn psychiatry patient care. It is the best institute in the India and one of the best in the world in the field of psychiatry.
Pros
standard care witH UPDATES WITH RECENT ADVANCES
Cons
Less salary
  1. Employee Reviews