NortonLifeLock

NortonLifeLock Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,275 reviews
balancetechnologyculturesecuritytimingtechnicallifeproduct

Productive and fun place to work

A fun place to work since work is our passion and we never like to think of it as stressful. Symantec ended up being a very fun place to work with. Huge opportunity to learn from the best in the field of work.

Pros

Cafeteria, Excellent Infrastructure

Cons

Instability

Great place to work!

I started as an Intern and converted it to full-time. I've learned so much during my time at NortonLifeLock and was part of building several products. I've seen the best pieces of Cybersecurity software and am glad that I helped society by keeping them cyber secure.

Pros

Healthcare and Cybersecurity products

NortonLifeLock insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Overall satisfaction

not very good, working culture not good. volatile management design. stress full work. required to stretch for work that is frequently. ERP system is good. Frequent night shifts, mostly rotational shifts.no annual function or very less festival celebration, sometimes no work timings and finally job security

Pros

snacks transport learning

Cons

long working hours poor management

Some leaders are clueless about contributions

Some highest performing employees were let go in their RIF because they fit into a certain “box”. They made too much or had the wrong title and may have been 2 - 3xs more productive than others with great results, but it didn’t matter.

Pros

Benefits and equity grants were great

Cons

Terrible leadership

Very secure company to work for.

Tons of work that needs to be done. However, too many systems are being added to integrate with and getting very tangled as a whole. Very noisy communications since it is a large company.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Teams can get flustered at times since there are many things happening very quickly.

Its a great company to work.

Its a great company to work where they give importance to work life balance first,Can do work from home without any issues. I really had a wonderful team there.

Pros

work life balance

Cons

sometime need to join meetings in non shift hours

Best place to learn and grow in career and personal life

- Good amount of work as most products get revamped regularly. - Opportunities to grow if you can speak up and add value to the company. - Wide range of products and domains(Mobile/Desktop/Web/Backend). - Excellent salary/compensation that’s very competitive in the market. - RSUs while joining and during appraisal for great performers. Also offers Employee Stock Purchase Plan to all employees at 15% discount. - Occasional WFH has been an option even before the pandemic. - Really good Leave policy. Additionally, the company also provides mandatory year-end time-off to all during the last week of the year. August 16th is a holiday too, on account of NortonLifeLock day.- Year end hikes were pretty low in the recent times due to cost cutting. But they try to compensate it with bonus and RSUs or during market correction cycle. - Some good perks have gone missing due to the same reason. - Good talents are retained but with reduction in the employee count the benefits have not improved but have become less instead. Hope this would change in the near future.

Pros

Rsu, Espp, Profit Sharing, Free Snacks, Free licences for Norton Products, Wfh, Education Reimbursement

Cons

Low hikes in recent times

The mangers are great

I had the best managers. They always wanted to know what my goals were and made suggestions on ways to get there. Sometimes there were not enough hours in the day to get all the work done, but it was exciting.

It’s High School Here

if you want to go back to 12th grade y’all found the right job. The culture is terrible. No one talks to anyone in passing or at their desks and the mangers don’t even like speaking to the employees. They talk about growth all the time, yet no growth opportunities are currently available. When new rules are applied they don’t give you more training like they say; they send you an email and expect that to be training. The company has a lot of favoritism. -Fair pay to sit at your desk and get yelled at.

Cons

Short breaks, Culture, Favoritism

Micromanagement & Favoritism

This company is not it. Expect to be micromanaged, lied to, see favoritism, policies & procedures be followed on a needed basis instead of mandatory. Benefits are excellent. However the stress added by the Tempe office is what ruins the job for you. BEWARE!

Pros

Benefits; Pay

Cons

Tempe HQ, Violence, Lies

Great pre covid - terrible post covid

Loved working here. Post covid was rough though (as it was for every company) as the culture became completely non existent as every one went remote. Company did very little to improve this. When they did allow certain people back to office it was very inconsistent in terms of who they would allow. My manager was great and took care of his/her team always.

Pros

decent benefits and very flexible

Cons

long term goals dont exist.

I loved the technology and the opportunity to do some devops work

Unfortunately, was not able to work on the Mongo DB tasks as all of it was done by a coworker/lead that did not let other members of the group in on upcoming projects. He left the boring/old technology work for the rest of us. Complaints to management were essentially ignored as management was pretty weak. Otherwise I would have stayed. The overall environment was somewhat fun and people other than the lead were pretty nice.

Pros

Flexible hours, nice coworkers

Good PTO and work life balance, below market pay and little advancement opportunities.

Nortonlifelock is an ok company to work for. Work life balance is good as you earn a pretty good amount of PTO and get most holidays off. Benefits are good including 401k, health insurance, stock purchase plan. The company stock and the company in general is very stagnant. Pay is below market. You start off on the phones at around $15-$16 an hour, which is low when compared to phone jobs in the area. Internal system issues happen constantly and their systems often don't work.

Pros

Good PTO, great location

Cons

low wages, internal computer issues a constant problem

Productive Workplace

The calls could be stressful as it was encouraged to add or upgrade a member's account. The most enjoyable part of this job was being rewarded free lunches for going above and beyond during our calls for members. The workers all cared for one another and it felt like having a second family.

Work and life balance

Always felt like I made a difference for the better of my team/company. Management made sure I had a balanced work and home life. Able to rearrange my time worked if needed.

Pros

Training, learning, culture

Cons

Hectic at times

Interesting work, good people

Due to the fast-paced, changing nature of the work, I found myself surrounded by smart, action-oriented problem solvers. Nothing is ever done "by the book" because we needed solutions quickly, so there's a lot of hacking and not much future-proofing, such is life. It was demanding and fun. They gave me opportunities to travel. They also gave me a lot of grey hair.

Pros

Subsidised on-site canteen, paid leaves, up to 25 days PTO, Stock Purchase Plan, Annual bonus & equity, bike2work scheme, taxSaver commuter scheme, many Employee Resource Groups, supportive environment understanding of personal circumstances

Cons

Little to no salary increases on annual reviews, many people are paid below market

Started OK, but is getting worse

Upper management doesn't have a clear view of the direction of the company. loks like They are looking to seel the company in pieces. There are layoffs going so it is not a good time to join.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

no job security

Good team working environment

All sales personnel were remote, and the original management was wonderful to collaborate with. This ended when a new Senior VP of Sales was hired in 2011. Disrupted consumer division.

Pros

Good work/life balance. Nice compensation

Cons

advancement opportunities limited on consumer side

A great place to work . . . most of the time

This is a good company to work for. The work is interesting, the benefits are very good. Overall, you are treated fair. There is some 'Big-company' disconnect between the management and those doing the work but it is a large company.

Pros

Generous leave policy

Cons

Big company inertia

Productive and Fun working

So many new things to learn. Amazing Workplace culture Cool Management Good Facilities Employee Overall nice experience working with Norton LifeLock.

Excelente empresa para laborar

Empresa con gran crecimiento y excelentes soluciones de seguridad informática lideres en el mercado

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NortonLifeLock. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare NortonLifeLock with