NTPC Limited

• Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Good perks and medical insurance, 50+ leaves/year

Nice place to work. Good salary structure. Job security is there. Helpful and friendly people- you will feel like your home. But the only issue is a remote location and poor management.

Pros

Good perks, Health Benefits, Job Security, Leave benefits, etc

Cons

Poor Management, Job Location

Productive and fun places

- My typical day of working in NTPC was the TG Deck concreting for which I have done 36 hour duty continuously at NCPP Dadri in 1988.- I have learned so much during my tenure in NTPC.- The work work culture in NTPC is very nice.- The most enjoyable part of my job is to keep my family with me.

Pros

Free Launches

Cons

work is always stressful, but employees take it normal & management also helps at the time of need,

Good place to work. Work culture in NTPC is very good, Paperless office work is very much giving good results.It also indicates the employees short comings & they need proper counselling for their works.It gives the total work load for the day & it emphasis to complete the jobs within scedule.

Pros

Lot many facility & fringe benefits are available.

Cons

Long hour working did not give any bad results.

Finest company

NTPC is the finest company but to join NTPC one must clear GATE exam and Maximum AIR 500 to 1000 ..One must work with dedication and decipline,.You will enjoy .This is the company as we feel at picnic handsome salary..

Pros

All facilities including free accommodation, medical

Cons

Projects located at far of places near coal fields

Focus on work with incentive

Very good company. Almost every facility is given by the company but has very limited job in IT sector and data entry related job. So for IT related job it is not so good.

Pros

Free incentive

Cons

Over time working

Challenging job

Compony environment is friendly and more helpful focusing in your work. And also provide some facility like deduction of provident fund, hospital facility, HRA Facility

Challenging and competitive

I have gained a lot of knowledge in Civil construction. Here is good culture and good management, good environment, secure life and free medical facility. flexible work hours , easy to commute.

Big company.but it is the worst employer.Psycho management.Tough life.Remote location posting.You will not be posted in your home state.No sleep.

I regret joining NTPC.The payment is not good enough compared to the work.Most of the times employees are posted in remote locations other than their home states.Even if anyone is posted in their home state there is no guarantee that they stay there for long time.Psycho company.No sleep.sunday work.holiday work.

Pros

Big company.but Psycho company.You can enjoy pain.

Cons

Worst employer.Remote postings in other states.No sleep.Huge work.Work on sundays, holidays.No settlement at hometown.

I learnt a lot of experience with good culture and good management

I have gain a lot of knowledge in Civil construction. Here is good culture and good management, good invronment, secure life and free medical facility.

Satisfied and challenging

In CSR I am satisfied working. The job includes planning, budeging, implementing of about 10- 20 crore per annum in about 30 near by village s. The satisfaction of customer s about 2 lakhs. Many awards and appreciaions.

Pros

Challenging

Cons

Result oriented

Ntpc best place to work and freedom to execute work

Ntpc is best place to work and gives freedom to work,take decisions at site for the benefit of company. Ntpc takes care of employee and their family members and provide all medical support,schooling of kids,entertainment of family members and other requirements. Ntpc takes care of environment and people around plant. For fresh graduate, it is one of the best learning place and free to learn more is you are interested to take risk for the betterment of company.

Have a great opportunity.

I leave this company due to lack of job security. Otherwise all things were OK. I am feeling proud to have an experience in joint venture of NTPC and BHEL.

Excellent

Overall the company is good with more to work and learn .job security health policy and jyotika club for relaxation and outdoor n indoor games. Nice to work here

Pleasur to work in Ntpc

Very Hard work....Gained knowledge as much as i can...every day is an oppertunity to learn..Different problems different solutions...lot of difficulties to learn...bcz every day is new day

Learn how electricity is produced using coal .

My first day in the NTPC Barh was awesome ,just like your dream comes true . campus are huge . In NTPC I learned how electricity is produced using the coal and how coal is processed before used.what are the constituent of thermal power plant and how it maintained.

learing atmosphere

it was stressful working there as they expected a lot from us being a technical degree holder but it was very informative and learning. the executive and non executive manager both were very helping and they always wanted us to learn.

Good company for growing Instrumentaion knowdlege

It's a Very good company to work with highly professional employees. and good. Project FAT with NTPC Employees Site Commissioning Good Opportunity to do work.

Excellent work place

It is excellent work place for employees. Here is everything for learn to any employee which one fresher or experienced. Get wonderful experience from here.

gradual upgradation of skill through routine & on-job training

I worked in an environment that encourages constant skill upgradation to take up challenges to contribute towards achievable goals , to be poised for productivity enhancement, planing ahead & timely execution , gap down deviation effectively with right & timely deployment of resources.

Enjoyed the work culture and learning management skills

Working with NTPC was very Exiting. Headed Gas based power station at Kayamkulam Kerala , Simdhari in AP, Dadri in UP, commercial wing and Finally Was Regional Executive Director for DBF and Eastern Region before Retirement. Learning was to manage people and to enhance their efficiency by motivation. Was very challanging to complete timely execution of 2*500 MW station at Simadhri in AP. The most enjoyable part was the recognition of hard work done by the team members at all levels.

very good

NTPC is a India's largest power generation company and one of the top most public sector company of India .It has an excellent work culture and the management is very supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NTPC Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3