NTPC Limited

NTPC Limited Employee Reviews for Intern

Intern37 reviews
India37 reviews

abot ntpc

NTPC is one of the Maharatnas PSUs. i worked here as a intern and learned all the process of generating electricity and also how to manage the storage of coal . mentor was very helpful and supportive

Good experience

Ntpc dadri is a very big sector, internshi in ntpc was very good experience. All the officers and workers are well cooperative. It was 4 week internship and i learned a lot about generation and distribution of electricity.

NTPC Limited insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Good

Its and good place to learn with experienced and talented people, excellent environment and have great opportunities for people to work there!!!!!!!!!

Collaborative and Didactic

NTPC is a great place to work, the managers are highly trained and provide great guidance with a very welcoming workspace. Overall working in NTPC was a very valuable, satisfying a rewarding experience.

Workplace

It was a four-hour internship and was taught by a skilled professional working in NTPC. NTPC is a government organization in India, engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities.

you can learn a lot while you work

A typical day at work involves a lot of things going on, lot of calls regarding problems in the machinery, lot of travel in the plant. I've learned a lot working as an intern. The culture is great, colleagues try to help each other out in problem solving. The hardest part of job is to keep to the fast paced environment and there is no room for error when you're working in an 2000 MW capacity thermal Power-plant.

Great place to learn

for intern they will provide best people and take you the on location and explain the things which very useful for learn for trainees also gave classroom room trainee

Very formal work environment

It's a government organization that works in the energy sector. The work culture is very formal and has an attendance system. Over a decent place to work at.

Internship was very informational

Just 2 months at the company at a newly constructed thermal project. Still in the early stage of development, but the management was very helpful and professional.

Study of international finance

Has learned about how the transactions between different countries are done.learned about hedging process. Has learned how the bidding is dobe by the various banks and how it's been selected.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NTPC Limited?

Good and Fun workplace

I had done my internship here for a month. The time is spent there was good. The people were helpful, gave us insights about the working of the plant and other operations conducted there.

Great work experience

It was great working with experienced people and got to learn so many new things. It was a lifetime experience. Helpful for learning many new ideas and getting experience

Pros

cheap lunch

Cons

High temperature

It is a company filled with hard working individuals who are taken care of in the best manner possible

8 to 5. Field specific work. Engineers don't have to take care of management matters. Very good management. Almost everything is on time. Exciting workplace culture. Fitness equipment in all the offices to relax the body. Hardest part is inspecting the coal lines and boilers. Best part is the good lunch offered.

I was an intern

if you are a mechanical or electrical engineering this internship is like a gem mine for you. They provide very deep knowledge about the norms followed by the industry and reason behind every rule. Vast knowledge about turbines with visual experience which is amazing as well as something which is hardly available for anyone these days.

Pros

Lots of knowledge

Cons

Lazy workers

very nice work culture

I worked as an Intern.lovely food and nice work environment. Huge library for studying. near to the metro station.I did internship in designing part..

Worked on water purification process.

It was my engineering second year project. It was a group project. We were oriented on different water purification methods. The staffs were very co-operative. They guided us in our project. We visited the entire plant with them. It was a good experience.

Good internship

Great place to work with good pay. Different working environment, definitely a good place to start to find interest. Boiler, Turbines and water treatment plants

explored the working of different machines,generating maximum energy with minimum cost and environment pollution

As a intern, I did not learn a lot but the working experience was good. I had seen how to produce electricity in different ways with minimal cost and environment pollution.Hardest part of the intern was to understand the working of the huge machines to produce energy.I have seen many different machines which produce same thing like different type of generators.One thing i do not like is the workers who work there are really strong heart because working with such huge machines is not an easy task.

I have done internship in the above thermal power plant and learnt the things regarding the working of a thermal power plant

In the above internship i have learnt the process of production of electricity using coal as a ignition mixture.While doing this internship the hardest part is that each and every thing is present at long distances.We need to move long distances to explore each and everything that is being done in the thermal power plant.Other thing is that we need to work on the job irrespective of the climatic contditions.

interesting place

got good practical knowledge on how a thermal power plant works and clearly observed all elements of a TPP like the boiler, coal belts and storage tanks, turbines...

fun workplace

boiler & turbine maintenance department in basic knowledge. this organization is very good .this organization employee very helping & very knowledge, management also good. my vocational training in very important and knowledge in career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NTPC Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare NTPC Limited with

• NTPC Limited
  • Intern
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?