Oil and Natural Gas Corporation

Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun place to work

Good company with perfect work culture ethics, experienced officials, always guiding their juniors. There are many different domains in the company in which you can get your hands-on experience.

Secure Job with time for family

I am in 12 hours shift duty (post Covid-19), normal shift duty pattern was 8 hours, six days working plus two days off. Normally ONGC has rigid mindset work culture & management. Change in role and responsibilities is not as per experience rather it is random or through someone sitting at 3-4 post higher. Working culture is bureaucratic & old fashioned. Prolonged alone shift duties kills group learning & puts one in lagging position when it comes to project management & planning, commissioning, major troubleshooting, vendor communication.Good things are that it is a secure job, with one's own perspective of peace of mind. Easy going attitude. Pan India employee profile. Highest profitable Indian PSU in energy sector with very good repute.

A huge organisation for india's energy needs and for its mission to achieve self sufficiency

Ongc is indias foremost exploration and production company. It has involvement in a diverse portfolio of activities associated with the oil and gas sector be in e&p, drilling, logging etc. Life in this organisation cannot be described as a single line summary because such a diverse portfolio of activities spread all over the country leads to a wide variety of work-life cultures. If the corporate offices have a typical 9 to 4 pattern, the fields have round the clock operations with 2 or even 3 shifts of manpower.The fields are spread in remotest possible locations and offshore deep into the sea. Such locations offer a unique challenge of living and working in a never seen environment. Most get accustomed but a few have a tough time getting used to the conditions and work timings.Overall it is a good organisation which offers a variety of experiences and a nice learning curve for ones career growth.

Pros

Many perks, Decent salaries

Cons

Flawed job rotation policy, Stressful work environment in fields

Lovely to work here

It was my dream to work in this company .i love it ongc company i one of the largest companies so it's give all the facilities what a worker need so over all its a good company

Good

Cons

Love it

An excellent place to work

There is a job security, once you join, you can stay until your reach age 60.Excellent place to work. Its a government job with private culture and salary is at par with industry.

Knowledge enriching

My experience with Oil and Natural Gas Corp India was very enriching knowledge wise. I learnt about the science and technology behind the exploration and production of crude oil. Being the premier National Oil Company, the culture was formal, hierarchal and autocratic. The Management always cared about the employees and the company had many benefits in place for their employees like paid leaves, sick leaves and health benefits. The most enjoyable part was the learnings through the informal knowledge sharing discussions and trainings. Despite of its culture, the managers at operational levels had the autonomy to take timely decisions if required. The hardest part was the stay on the offshore rigs, and extensive transfer across the country.

Pros

Paid leaves, health care

Cons

hierarchal

Productive and good hospitality

It is over all good and comfort at work place at all time.Good chances to Learn and update technical, health and safety environment. I feel good working conditions as per safety.

Very good job it was good management

I want to chance my job, becouse no incriment , and try to different location, change to new job chalanging and try to new, and other experience, thank you

I am satisfied for my work

understand create and design business model it's proposal in easier method. how to enlarge business using finance. marketing and administration. Business proposal is much important to grow any business and super brand

Pros

Free lunch and free room for live

Cons

Health insurance

Good

Excellent, piece of mind, improve knowledge And Skills get an smart intelligent experiences, good skilled manpower to work with that concern I could ever work on the management.

Pros

Nill

Cons

Nill

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oil and Natural Gas Corporation?

Good post in a oil and gas industry is tge best to work

Being an engineer in a oil industry us my dream. For this goal as a fresher I have started as a technician and I am willing to do any technical job in oil industry so that I can gain more knowledge and prepare to take big responsibilities in oil industry.

Productive and fun place. Experienced with various oil extracting mechanisms and equipments. • Interfaced with project management team to prepare engineering submittals and work plans. Enhanced communication and Networking skills. • Sorted and organized materials such as physical files, tracking spreadsheets and reports. • Maximized productivity by analyzing protocols and identifying areas for improvement.

Its a great organisation with good package.

Over 8 years of experience with Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), which is India’s largest National Oil Company. Worked in both upstream on-shore as well as offshore facilities, with exposure to brownfield projects. It is satisfying experience.

Great learning experience

Best managerial support.Fairly good salary and excellent work and life experience. One of the best companies to work for and inspiring seniors and understanding and supporting co workers.

Production Engineer

Production Engineer, Maintenance engineer, Supervisor engineer,Filed work, Supply of gas ,flow rate ,temperature and maintain the mani power and Office work.

Ongc is best organization

I worked as Apprentice in HR-IR in the role of Data Entry,Looking over Files Best company having sections like finance,cementing,Civil etc Having best tennis court,Football court

Having a good experience here overall

I have learnt so many things from here about how to handle trainees at a time their education profile etc, tracking numbers, I feel so grateful towards the organisation that has helped me shape in a new way... management of the company is indeed the best thing I have ever seen..one of the good things about the organisation is that all the co-workers are friendly and helpful... overall it's a great place to work and learn at the same time for the beiginners

Creative and helpful place

I completed my Internship at ONGC where i learnt several work ethics and the employees are very helpful. i even learnt a very important software in oil and gas industries i.e PETREL.

good place

an excellent organisation to work in E&P sector having friendly environment and relaxed working with lot of freedom to show your technical competence.

Workplace culture

Workplace is reliable to work here senior executives are very helpful for new employees, positive workplace, employees interact with their work and key executives.

Hardest part of work

ONGC is the Best upstream company. Job is full of opportunities to translate new thoughts into successes. As explorationist I can take pride in delivering my best for the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oil and Natural Gas Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4