Oil and Natural Gas Corporation

Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Culture reviews

My experience with Oil and Natural Gas Corp India was very enriching knowledge wise. I learnt about the science and technology behind the exploration and production of crude oil. Being the premier National Oil Company, the culture was formal, hierarchal and autocratic. The Management always cared about the employees and the company had many benefits in place for their employees like paid leaves, sick leaves and health benefits. The most enjoyable part was the learnings through the informal knowledge sharing discussions and trainings. Despite of its culture, the managers at operational levels had the autonomy to take timely decisions if required. The hardest part was the stay on the offshore rigs, and extensive transfer across the country.
Pros
Paid leaves, health care
Cons
hierarchal
Best managerial support.Fairly good salary and excellent work and life experience. One of the best companies to work for and inspiring seniors and understanding and supporting co workers.
Workplace is reliable to work here senior executives are very helpful for new employees, positive workplace, employees interact with their work and key executives.
The working culture is good and there are a lot of learning opportunities for new comers and old employees too. Good place for job. Supporting staff is also quite humble.
Pros
Great Culture, Flexibility, Autonomy, - Great work/life balance - Incredibly smart and kind people - Fun evolving product
You can have the best work-life balance while working at ONGC and the company has the best employee benefits schemes in the entire country. The working culture and senior management is a bit of an issue though.
Work schedule is 12 hours per day, the work environment is very competitive and exhausting, but you get paid for what you are working for, you enjoy a very balanced life by spending good amount of days at home.
Conducive atmosphere to work. Freedom of work in a relaxed environment. Seniors and peers are supportive. Active participation in decision making process. Ample support from the Management for research oriented works.
It was great experience work with ongc ltd & is great copany . Having great work culture and support towords there employees. Also have great facilities and challenging life too. A handsome salary is there.
It was were i started my career. Entered there without any idea but when i came out i came out many informations and knowledges. Colleagues were supportive.
Nice experience under experienced officers and working conditions. Safest place to work and can get much exposure in all the managing and also working areas
The good place to enjoy and work, Management also good, The work culture really enjoyable , Learned Commissioning & Pre- Commissioning of Cracker & Tankfirm area
Ongc is a good experience of my life. If i get chance i will love to go back ongc for the work.people are supportive and caring. And there is no pressure of works.
good work environment with good job culture. new employees could easily grasp the new job roles very quickly and very easily and can contribute to the organization .
It was very nice working in such a prestigious organisation. Work atmosphere is very good. All the senior colleagues are very supportive. I always felt motivated while working in ONGC.
I am works as roustabout and floorman fully hardworking once I enter into the RIG 12 hours work. I have learned about drilling process. Workplace culture some what good Hardest part of work is pullout and running.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Highly hardwork
Great to work in a Drilling Rig as Rig Maintenance Engineer with harsh climates and difficult results and to tune accordingly. Maintaining co-ordial relations with all sections for successful performance
Pros
Nice work atmosphere
Cons
Less pay
It was typical day at work Worked under the main supervisor/manager of the maintenance of pipelines department Very friendly and helpful employees High security
Excellent working culture, freedom to work. Employees are cooperative. Excellent Infrastructure and State-of-the-art technology. Working in this company is a good exposure.
Great place to learn. Management is great. organized work. Friendly co workers. Interact with senior engineers, clients and other parties. Interesting job
Though the company is not related to my profile but my manager helped me to utilize my potential and provided me the project related to my profile. Working culture in ONGC is really good.
most enjoying as well as most hardest part of the job when our LNG plant was commissioned . management team is really encouraging to us . culture at ongc is really amazine.
Pros
free lunch and stay
Cons
family healthcare facility