Orchids The International School

Working at Orchids The International School in Bengaluru, Karnataka: 16 Reviews

Bengaluru, Karnataka16 reviews

teacherprincipalschoolteachingcoordinatorinternationalsalarylearning

Productive, comptative and collaborative

Good place to work and excellent management.Friendly environment and cooperative management.Well trained teachers.Proper planning for event organizing.

Unhealthy Work environment, no job security, cheap politics in the campus, Judgemental mentality, no place to show creativity.

Work environment is extremely bad, behavior of the coordinators and the principal is mostly rude, no respect for the teachers, absolutely no job security, they would use the teachers almost for every works even those are related to admis or marketing. Being a Performing Arts teacher I almost forgot what I teach. I would never recommend this concern to my friends and family.

Orchids The International School insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energizing work tasks

I don't like the coordinator special grade 4....

Very pathetic... Things are not clear to each other. If u ask about anything they blame others.... All show off for central team...

Pros

Workers hav corona.. They just got cured n working.... Grade 4 coordinator is racist

Cons

Very long hours..

Worst experience

If you want ur peace of mind it's not a place... Work is extracted by teachers but salary is not paid according.. They don't follow the HR policy ... It's an unethical environmental where teachers are not paid for even what they were supposed to get.. There is no growth for the teachers both professionally and personally.. They don't stick on to what they say in interview..

Pros

Nothing as such

Cons

Long hours, no holiday as informed in interview, salary are not paid for the work taken

Verry stressful and pressurising environment

Except teaching all other things which is not a teachers work are asked to be done.for exampleasking us to design and create a step certificate, step report cards which is very hard and not possible by a teacher. Asking us to collect the video from kids everyday from all kids from grade Nursery to 10th and asking us to upload in YouTube channel, Facebook, orchid TV, orchid radio etc.....there is is a big list continues without end that orchid is asking teachers to do which is not part teaching profession that is also without pay and in the holidays without giving us holiday.

Pros

Nothing is there has to be said

Cons

Overall orchid pressure and stressful environment

You are expected to be a machine. No work life balance.

No labour law. If you want to keep yourself engaged for 24/7 and have a problematic family, get into this place, you feel everything else easy. You will get to play various roles like marketing, administration etc, in addition to your teaching. Hikes not given with respect to your performance and no wonder if you work for the same salary for more than 2 years. The management doesn't live in this era while considering the teachers salaries.. Few principals and management team are the only benefited ppl. It is very hard only to depend on the salary provided by them to lead a life. Your health condition is also not considered as they just need their work to be done.

Pros

Nope

Cons

Explained in detail.

Coordinator

It was very good working with Orchids because they conducted training with many new technicalities on weekly basis.The team was very supportive. But teachers cannot use their strategies to mold the child as per their observation.

Pros

Will learn advanced techniques used in the education field.

Cons

Long working hours.

Productive and fun work Place

Good place to work. I have learned to work very fast. Good management. Friendly work culture. Maintaining Petty cash during the busy days was the hardest part. learning was most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

working on holidays

no job security

Bad management no job security no week end not good environment to work management is not upto the mark everyone is not treated equally only support to hindi and Telugu ( because Zonal head from Mumbai and Operation head from Hyderabad)

April 17, 2020
We, as a responsible international school, aims to create an environment where passionate individuals can bloom to perfection. They can be better role models, and play important roles in shaping up the upcoming generations. So we are always cautious about creating an environment where teachers can whittle their innate talents.We value all our associates who join us and try to provide a secure environment with competitive salaries and contracts. The Orchids family means that every member is cared for and looked after in their unique requirements while being productive members of the family.

It's a very progressive educational setup.

The working environment is very collaborative and fast paced. It requires a very open mind to work in Orchids. Old school style has no place in the system. Learning new every day is a regular feature in Orchids.

Worst ever

This company doesn't know to respect employees no value for the hard work. Lot of politics don't ever think of joining this company pathetic management

April 17, 2020

Unhealthy environment to work.

*Too much work pressure. * No job security... anytime can be terminated. *No respect for teachers. * No personal life...24×7 HV to work for school. * HR policies also not favourable for teachers.

July 5, 2019
Orchid's encourages ambitious career driven individuals who want to not just enter the teaching field, but grow themselves and become true role models and champions for the students to imbibe and learn from. We hold our educators to certain standard and expect them to adhere to them - with proper support systems in place to ensure development. We value all our associates who join us and try to provide a secure environment with competitive salaries and contracts. The Orchids family means that every member is cared for and looked after in their unique requirements while being productive members of the family.Certain standards have to be kept when maintaining an international school such as ours.As an international school, we take the issue of standards very seriously,so we welcome people who are passionate about teaching. Teachers are the biggest role models a child can get, and there lies the nobility of the profession. We are developing more robust policies as we grow, and always welcome feedback on the same. Our policies are built to give the best ecosystem to every associate while adhering to the ideals and mission we are attempting to live up to. A balance has to be there to become the best.

Salary was not paid on time to teachers. Role of a particular post was not fixed.

Norms and rules with respect to salary and qualifications for a particular teaching post was not followed. Anyone who is ready and capable to teach was asked to teach irrespective of her qualifications.

Pros

Standard work procedure

Cons

SOP was not followed.

July 5, 2019
We want the best of the best among educators and give market competitive salaries to ensure competence in our hiring pools.We are very selective about discovering and nurturing the best talent.

waste company

very bad company to work with. they wont allow u to take week off for the first week. u are supposed to work free of cost during training period. without informing u are terminated for no reason.u are not supposed to take a break, 15 min lunch break. cannot go out for lunch. its not working in school, its studying in school. its better to sit at home than working der

Pros

nothing

Cons

no week off, no salary, no job security.

July 5, 2019
As per the educational system followed by international schools such as us, there is a constant need to provide quality education and that requires investment of time and care.We value all our associates who join us and try to provide a secure environment with competitive salaries and contracts. The Orchids family means that every member is cared for and looked after in their unique requirements while being productive members of the family.

A career progressive workplace

1. A day had a pre-planned work schedule, so that execution was well organized without much discrepancies. 2.So far in this field of education, I have learned to be passionate in the teaching the concept than the content to students, giving much importance to discipline as well. 3. Training the teachers and coordinating between them in the healthy and smooth functioning of the institution. Conducting orientation programmes to the parents. 4.Heading the execution of important events at school. 5. Became much tech savvy. 6. Management was very approachable and ready to take the suggestions from me and my team. 7. Though had hurdles at times with the co-workers, managed to handle them right with respect to the functioning of the school and with the support of my superiors. 8. The hardest part of the job was the execution of the Nth moment work by my team, due to an emergency or any other crisis. 9. Enjoyed learning new aspects in the field of teaching, sharing creative ideas, conducting workshops, etc.

Pros

Conveyance to the places of visit, no rigidity in time of work

Cons

Not much scope for creativity from my end, no PF is provided

Highly under qualified management

Needs all over improvement. Needs to stick to decision and respect stake holders views.

Pros

location

Cons

Changes rules overnight

July 5, 2019
Every institution goes through phases of understanding and rectifying things which will come on the way. Mission here is providing an international school experience at an affordable fee structure. Preference is given to the all round development of children, when they are in the crucial stages of development. Finding brilliant minds to teach and nurture the natural capabilities of children is our primary mission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orchids The International School. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Orchids The International School with

Learn about Orchids The International School in Bengaluru, Karnataka

• Orchids The International School
  • Bengaluru, Karnataka
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?