Orchids The International School

Elementary School Teacher35 reviews
India35 reviews

teacherprincipalschoolteachingcoordinatorinternationalsalarylearning

Good place for working

Good place for working here , good school for children , other teacher's and Coordinator are very friendly . I suggested if anyone want to work here , don't think you can go.

Horrible

Those who dont have responsibility at home they can do this job. They want rr at IIT level but salary want to give as a maid. No respect for teachers.

Pros

Nothing good

Cons

Always changes in time table, No pay extra hour in achool. Syllabus is vast combined of icse and cbse, but not providing any referance book for tr. Long working hr, Very horrible experience.

Orchids The International School insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job

Sad

Work pressure is too much, no value of people, no work life balance, unnecessary pressure, no adjustments, unnecessary meetings, no time as personal time

Woking with orchids

The staff is very supportive. Amazing people to work with but there is no balance between work life and personal life. But the only cons are long working hours.

Pros

Amazing Co workers

Cons

Long working hours

Verry stressful and pressurising environment

Except teaching all other things which is not a teachers work are asked to be done.for exampleasking us to design and create a step certificate, step report cards which is very hard and not possible by a teacher. Asking us to collect the video from kids everyday from all kids from grade Nursery to 10th and asking us to upload in YouTube channel, Facebook, orchid TV, orchid radio etc.....there is is a big list continues without end that orchid is asking teachers to do which is not part teaching profession that is also without pay and in the holidays without giving us holiday.

Pros

Nothing is there has to be said

Cons

Overall orchid pressure and stressful environment

more work and less pay

Due to this pandemic they told that they will pay per class. If i take classes I will get less pay. that is fine but along with classes i have to work up to night 12 but they will pay only for time I taught classes. It is like I am working more than the required time like 10 hrsthey are paying for 3 hrs

Pros

good students and team

Cons

bad hr

Overall a god experience

Learn a lot from the school but could increase the salary as it would appreciate the staffs. Overall good experience but would have been good if the employees were given some more rewards.

Pros

Work friendly environment

Cons

underestimated salary

Not interested

A place were you will like to work. Nice team work. Good & encouraging environment to make. Your creative will be appreciated a lot. If you are capable enough to do the given task you will be always given an opportunity.

Bad experience

It was a very bad experience to work there .there is no management even they have no value of their teachers your principal call you suddenly and tell don't come from tomorrow ,today is your last working day without any reason and if we ask then they say we have enough teachers.its a very humiliating things there is no job security they can call you suddenly and ask for resignation ,.asteacher I gave my 💯tea h

Unprofessional Organization to work with

Most unprofessional school where there are no guidelines given to the management,,People work as per their own wish with no human touch towards the teachers.

Pros

Nothing..

Cons

Long Hours, Management expect to respond on whats up even at late night.

April 17, 2020

It's a moderate company to work.

They should improve their management. They are very much expert to cut salary for any issue. Salary given to me is too less . Hope for the best for coming session.

April 17, 2020
We, as a responsible international school, aims to create an environment where passionate individuals can bloom to perfection. They can be better role models, and play important roles in shaping up the upcoming generations. So we are always cautious about creating an environment where teachers can whittle their innate talents.We want the best of the best among educators and give market competitive salaries to ensure competence in our hiring pools.

Competitive

Orchids have given me lot of learning as I was teaching in a state board school and here it was very different and I liked the curriculum but this year because of the weekly asssessment , somewhere we are only focusing on the marks and not the method of teaching.

Productive and Job Profile enhancement

Orchids provides a platform where teachers can teach as well as learn. Here you are exposed to various learnings which will help in enhancing your job profile. The best thing about working in Orchids is that you are never left alone(unnoticed), each and every time you will be porvided with an opportunity to groom yourself. The management is very supportive. Students and peers will always keep you encouraging in every situation.

Productive workplace

Everyday is a new learning here, many opportunities are being given to excel in your field. Ideas and opinions are valued and taken into consideration. Principal is very co-operative and is open to meet any teacher for discussion.

Pros

lot to learn, opportunities

Cons

Long working hours

April 17, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We, as a responsible international School, always try to create an environment where the employees can bloom to perfection so that they can be the better role models for children.As per the educational system followed by international schools such as us, there is a constant need to provide quality education and that requires investment of time and care.

Productive and fun workplace

Principal and coordinators are very helpful. always guides you in your work. good place to teach as well as to learn new things. you get good opportunities to grow.

Pros

learning different things, opportunities to grow

Best place to work with

I had joined this school as a co-teacher later on promoted as a class and subject teacher .I have learned alot and gain confidence in myself. Orchids provide you opportunities to showcase your skills and be a leader. Staff and children are the motivational factor for me.

April 17, 2020

Great place to learn and grow

Good work atmosphere and good work culture . Excellent opportunities for teachers to work with team as well as children . Excellent planning before any event may it be inter school events , Sports Day or Annual Day .As a teacher I have learnt many things which will help in my day to day life and in my career also. I am happy to be in this organisation.Superb team to work with .

April 17, 2020

A fun and versatile workplace

I was appointed as a Math primary teacher in 2018. Math as a challenging subject and a vast curriculum with in class activities taught me many important and useful techniques in Orchids. Being a teacher, tutor test helped me in analyzing myself and improvising my capabilities. We also are provided with multiple training which help us to brush up our teaching skills and be in par with the fast changing world.

Perfect

It is one of the best school and a good place to work and grow professionally .Here teachers are trained by organizing workshop.Teachers are not only trained in the school but also sent to various center to get well versed in their profession.

Best school.

Since joining OISK, I have upgraded myself professionally by enhancing my skills in teaching. It is one of the best schools, and a good place to work and grow as a teacher. The institution is very well organized and structured. Teachers are well-trained. Teachers are not only trained in the school but also sent to different branches to get the understanding of the system in a better way. Co curricular activities help students as well as teachers to explore the hidden talent within them. This is the best place for gifted children and offers a lot of opportunities for them to grow and shine.

April 17, 2020

Fun loving and learning place

It's great working being a part of Orchids.We strive to create a positive learning environment. We love to learn and I have learnt so many things from here. The school staff is good and well managed. We have a casual and comfortable atmosphere for learning.

April 17, 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orchids The International School. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Orchids The International School with

• Orchids The International School
  • Elementary School Teacher
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?