Orchids The International School

Orchids The International School Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & Benefits

Overall a god experience

Learn a lot from the school but could increase the salary as it would appreciate the staffs. Overall good experience but would have been good if the employees were given some more rewards.

Pros

Work friendly environment

Cons

underestimated salary

You are expected to be a machine. No work life balance.

No labour law. If you want to keep yourself engaged for 24/7 and have a problematic family, get into this place, you feel everything else easy. You will get to play various roles like marketing, administration etc, in addition to your teaching. Hikes not given with respect to your performance and no wonder if you work for the same salary for more than 2 years. The management doesn't live in this era while considering the teachers salaries.. Few principals and management team are the only benefited ppl. It is very hard only to depend on the salary provided by them to lead a life. Your health condition is also not considered as they just need their work to be done.

Pros

Nope

Cons

Explained in detail.

more work and less pay

Due to this pandemic they told that they will pay per class. If i take classes I will get less pay. that is fine but along with classes i have to work up to night 12 but they will pay only for time I taught classes. It is like I am working more than the required time like 10 hrsthey are paying for 3 hrs

Pros

good students and team

Cons

bad hr

Hectic work timing, no clarification of job role and salary,

I felt that the work timings were same as a corporate job. Stressed up with too much to do. Every time a new thing would get added. Too much of unnecessary meetings and discussions. No proper clarity of job role or salary. They tend to hire anyone very easily and no one survives beyond a year. No proper planning or implementation.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, hectic work schedule, multiple tasks

Management doesnot respect staff

If you are good at buttering, you might survive at Orchids. The pay is not that great, and if you want respect at your workplace, Orchids wont give you that

Productive and fun work Place

Good place to work. I have learned to work very fast. Good management. Friendly work culture. Maintaining Petty cash during the busy days was the hardest part. learning was most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

working on holidays

Overall experience was fine

School provide good opportunities in field of growth and learning aspect. But was not satisfied with the salary and timings. Teachers were often changed.

Pros

Growth and development

Cons

Low salary

Worst place and worst management

Behavior of the higher authorities are aweful...Even behavior with teachers is far below the standards. They harass teachers and torture them..till they decide to quit from this school. Principal don't mind terminating teachers if they don't listen to her own policies..She has very good chain of few bad chamchas teachers.Incase any teacher resigns they are not providing relieving letter and also holds the salary as well...They have recruited few coordinators..I mean you can be coordinator if you have good buttering skills even though you don't posses real experience..the coordinators think they are the rule makers ..even though they don't have dress sense and proper behaviorial skill sets...This feedback is a real time experience many of the teachers who joined ..worked.. tortured and forced to resign the job..and the principal pass a message to all teachers that she is terminating teachers who are not abiding her laws...

April 17, 2020

It's a moderate company to work.

They should improve their management. They are very much expert to cut salary for any issue. Salary given to me is too less . Hope for the best for coming session.

April 17, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We, as a responsible international School, always try to create an environment where the employees can bloom to perfection so that they can be the better role models for children.

April 17, 2020
We, as a responsible international school, aims to create an environment where passionate individuals can bloom to perfection. They can be better role models, and play important roles in shaping up the upcoming generations. So we are always cautious about creating an environment where teachers can whittle their innate talents.We want the best of the best among educators and give market competitive salaries to ensure competence in our hiring pools.

The staff around is very courteous, helpful and its fun working with them.

As a teacher, teaching here is always fun as there are many new things I get to learn as a teacher.New methodologies, new ways and ideas of imparting education in kids is an amazing thing about the place. Workplace and the entire staff are all jolly and fun loving people, thereby its a pleasure working at this place. The hardest part of this place is We are not given the salary that we deserve as per the work load.

good working experience.

I am working since 7 years in this school, I had a very good exposure to new things, learnt a lot, and overall had a nice experience. Overall growth is good but there is very less growth in salary.

April 17, 2020
We, as a responsible international school, aims to create an environment where passionate individuals can bloom to perfection. They can be better role models, and play important roles in shaping up the upcoming generations. So we are always cautious about creating an environment where teachers can whittle their innate talents. Thanks for the feedback,

Not that good

Lots of work No response after applying Less salary 7 hours work Two Saturdays working 5th Saturdays off 10 yearly leaves Lots of activities 5/10

Pros

Ok

Cons

Ok

October 25, 2019
Orchids, as one of the growing International school, always puts additional stress on the development of children into healthy personalities, believes that by appropriately guiding them, we are doing our own part in the creation of a generation of brilliant minds. Orchid's encourages ambitious career driven individuals who want to not just enter the teaching field, but grow themselves and become true role models and champions for the students to imbibe and learn from. We hold our educators to certain standard and expect them to adhere to them - with proper support systems in place to ensure development. We value all our associates who join us and try to provide a secure environment with competitive salaries and contracts. The Orchids family means that every member is cared for and looked after in their unique requirements while being productive members of the family. In addition to that, we want the best of the best among educators and give market competitive salaries to ensure competence in our hiring pools. As we invest in a people environment, one has to divide capability between technical and personal. Interactions are key between multiple stakeholders, and one can not just improve as an isolated party. We encourage networking between everyone as we want to build a people culture.

Salary was not paid on time to teachers. Role of a particular post was not fixed.

Norms and rules with respect to salary and qualifications for a particular teaching post was not followed. Anyone who is ready and capable to teach was asked to teach irrespective of her qualifications.

Pros

Standard work procedure

Cons

SOP was not followed.

July 5, 2019
We want the best of the best among educators and give market competitive salaries to ensure competence in our hiring pools.We are very selective about discovering and nurturing the best talent.

All can be taken if they target on kids education and proper structure education.

Hi, I worked in orchids 2 years back , As a teacher, they don't have teaching standards.They are not well planned with their teaching academics .They keep asking teachers and their friends to write good review about the school which was the worse part to see . They are not bothered to pay the salary for the last month's if we quit. Parents should think before joining their kids to any school is it a right place to study for their kids.

Pros

Except the school building

Cons

Academics, not well organised, no proper payment

July 5, 2019
A perfect ambiance is necessary for the development of an individual. We strive to make that atmosphere here as much as possible, making education an interesting and fun filled activity. Teachers are given much importance here, as they play an important role in nurturing the talents of the children.

waste company

very bad company to work with. they wont allow u to take week off for the first week. u are supposed to work free of cost during training period. without informing u are terminated for no reason.u are not supposed to take a break, 15 min lunch break. cannot go out for lunch. its not working in school, its studying in school. its better to sit at home than working der

Pros

nothing

Cons

no week off, no salary, no job security.

July 5, 2019
As per the educational system followed by international schools such as us, there is a constant need to provide quality education and that requires investment of time and care.We value all our associates who join us and try to provide a secure environment with competitive salaries and contracts. The Orchids family means that every member is cared for and looked after in their unique requirements while being productive members of the family.

worst school to work with....

This school treats you as a hostage, bad management, no proper information channel, ill treatment, unnecessary long hours, no work life balance, salary issues, bullying, no food and proper transportation is provided to the teachers

July 5, 2019
As per the educational system followed by international schools such as us, there is a constant need to provide quality education and that requires investment of time and care.Orchid's encourages ambitious career driven individuals who want to not just enter the teaching field, but grow themselves and become true role models and champions for the students to imbibe and learn from. We hold our educators to certain standard and expect them to adhere to them - with proper support systems in place to ensure development.We value all our associates who join us and try to provide a secure environment with competitive salaries and contracts. The Orchids family means that every member is cared for and looked after in their unique requirements while being productive members of the family.

Working here not satisfied

I have worked here for around 10 months and i found :- 1. No proper management and its policy. It's a CBSE school but no rules and regulations according to cbse. They keep on experimenting new rules and things day by day. 2. No proper seating arrangement for teachers in free time. 3. No syllabus and pattern according to CBSE. 4. Long working hours and still you have to wait for some extra work or some meeting after school working hours. 5. One fourth part of fixed PF amount we are getting only every month. 6. Lot's of substitution's in place of absentee's. 7. Less salary as per the work alloted. 8. No retaining of teacher's. Teachers may come and go. No effect. 9. No humanity here. Any personal or any serious health issue is not at all entertained here. 10. Long hours standing in class while teaching or correcting.

Pros

No one only that it's a international school with a huge building.

Cons

Management, salary, policies, long hours, less importance of teacher, No humanity, their own rules etc.

July 5, 2019
As per the educational system followed by international schools such as us, there is a constant need to provide quality education and that requires investment of time and care.Orchid's encourages ambitious career driven individuals who want to not just enter the teaching field, but grow themselves and become true role models and champions for the students to imbibe and learn from. We hold our educators to certain standard and expect them to adhere to them - with proper support systems in place to ensure development.Our priority is making accessible the international schooling experience to everyone at affordable rates. We try to scour the best talent as that would help a lot in the all round development of the child.We want the best of the best among educators and give market competitive salaries to ensure competence in our hiring pools.

Wouldnt recommend as the management itself is not sure of anything.

I'm done! Because rules change all the time. The branch i worked in was completely unhygienic. There are salary delays. Also no dedicated space ! A little cons are accepted but not when the rule is shaken all the time.

Pros

Paid leaves

Cons

Hygiene, irregularity, salary delays

July 5, 2019
Every institution actually goes through periods of development and innovation. Mission here was providing an international schooling experience at an affordable fee structure. We try our best in making the amenities good, and our mission is the all round development of children, as they are the beacon lights of tomorrow. We want the best of the best among educators and give market competitive salaries to ensure competence in our hiring pools.

Bad choice to work for

In Nigdi branch, No benefit as a Teacher, Ill treatment Poor managemnent, No career growth, full of politics No job satisfaction Your sincerity is not appreciated Salary issue arises when things dont work according to them. No commitment of words. Unhealthy job atmosphere. Strict NO working with such schools.

Pros

Nothing at all

Cons

No job satisfaction, Your sincerity is not appreciated, Salary issue arises when things dont work according to them, No commitment of words Unhealthy job atmosphere, Strict NO working with such schools.

July 5, 2019
Mission here is providing an international school experience at an affordable fee structure. Priority is given to the all round development of children when they are in their crucial stages of development. Finding brilliant minds to teach and nurture natural capabilities children.As per the educational system followed by international schools such as us, there is a constant need to provide quality education and that requires investment of time and care.Orchid's encourages ambitious career driven individuals who want to not just enter the teaching field, but grow themselves and become true role models and champions for the students to imbibe and learn from. We hold our educators to certain standard and expect them to adhere to them - with proper support systems in place to ensure development.As we invest in a people environment, one has to divide capability between technical and personal. Interactions are key between multiple stakeholders, and one can not just improve as an isolated party. We encourage networking between everyone as we want to build a people culture.We pride ourselves on making sure our associates become better versions of them every day. Through regular testing and training, we hope to ensure they become experts and more - at what they do.

No feedback taken from teachers.

It was a very bad experience to work with orchid international school. There is no proper communication between an employee and HR. Even teachers are treated like a servants. There is no respect for co teachers and main teachers by lead teachers. If teachers themselves dont have discipline to speak to other teachers than what they will teach their students. Salary is never on time.

Pros

Nothing good.

Cons

Never leave teachers on time.

July 5, 2019
As we invest in a people environment, one has to divide capability between technical and personal. Interactions are key between multiple stakeholders, and one can not just improve as an isolated party. We encourage networking between everyone as we want to build a people culture.. Every institution, in fact goes through its own moments innovations. Mission here was providing an international schooling experience at an affordable fee structure. Priority is given to the all round development of children, when they are in the crucial stages of development. Finding brilliant minds to teach and nurture natural capabilities of children is our primary mission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orchids The International School. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Orchids The International School with

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?