Orchids The International School

India125 reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & Benefits

teacherprincipalschoolteachingcoordinatorinternationalsalarylearning

Long hours work is ther...no personal life

There is lot of pressure and stress...No personal life...You can't balance your personal life as well as professional life.long working hours and cooperative staff

Pros

Cooperative staff

Don't apply

Horrible place to work at, don't ever apply it's very stressful. No work life balance. They expect you to work all the time with no rest at all. Poor salary.

Orchids The International School insights

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Good place for working

Good place for working here , good school for children , other teacher's and Coordinator are very friendly . I suggested if anyone want to work here , don't think you can go.

Cons

I don't like the coordinator special grade 4....

Very pathetic... Things are not clear to each other. If u ask about anything they blame others.... All show off for central team...

Pros

Workers hav corona.. They just got cured n working.... Grade 4 coordinator is racist

Cons

Very long hours..

Horrible

Those who dont have responsibility at home they can do this job. They want rr at IIT level but salary want to give as a maid. No respect for teachers.

Pros

Nothing good

Cons

Always changes in time table, No pay extra hour in achool. Syllabus is vast combined of icse and cbse, but not providing any referance book for tr. Long working hr, Very horrible experience.

Woking with orchids

The staff is very supportive. Amazing people to work with but there is no balance between work life and personal life. But the only cons are long working hours.

Pros

Amazing Co workers

Cons

Long working hours

Worst experience

If you want ur peace of mind it's not a place... Work is extracted by teachers but salary is not paid according.. They don't follow the HR policy ... It's an unethical environmental where teachers are not paid for even what they were supposed to get.. There is no growth for the teachers both professionally and personally.. They don't stick on to what they say in interview..

Pros

Nothing as such

Cons

Long hours, no holiday as informed in interview, salary are not paid for the work taken

You are expected to be a machine. No work life balance.

No labour law. If you want to keep yourself engaged for 24/7 and have a problematic family, get into this place, you feel everything else easy. You will get to play various roles like marketing, administration etc, in addition to your teaching. Hikes not given with respect to your performance and no wonder if you work for the same salary for more than 2 years. The management doesn't live in this era while considering the teachers salaries.. Few principals and management team are the only benefited ppl. It is very hard only to depend on the salary provided by them to lead a life. Your health condition is also not considered as they just need their work to be done.

Pros

Nope

Cons

Explained in detail.

more work and less pay

Due to this pandemic they told that they will pay per class. If i take classes I will get less pay. that is fine but along with classes i have to work up to night 12 but they will pay only for time I taught classes. It is like I am working more than the required time like 10 hrsthey are paying for 3 hrs

Pros

good students and team

Cons

bad hr

Hectic work timing, no clarification of job role and salary,

I felt that the work timings were same as a corporate job. Stressed up with too much to do. Every time a new thing would get added. Too much of unnecessary meetings and discussions. No proper clarity of job role or salary. They tend to hire anyone very easily and no one survives beyond a year. No proper planning or implementation.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, hectic work schedule, multiple tasks

Management doesnot respect staff

If you are good at buttering, you might survive at Orchids. The pay is not that great, and if you want respect at your workplace, Orchids wont give you that

Overall a god experience

Learn a lot from the school but could increase the salary as it would appreciate the staffs. Overall good experience but would have been good if the employees were given some more rewards.

Pros

Work friendly environment

Cons

underestimated salary

Overall experience was fine

School provide good opportunities in field of growth and learning aspect. But was not satisfied with the salary and timings. Teachers were often changed.

Pros

Growth and development

Cons

Low salary

Worst place and worst management

Behavior of the higher authorities are aweful...Even behavior with teachers is far below the standards. They harass teachers and torture them..till they decide to quit from this school. Principal don't mind terminating teachers if they don't listen to her own policies..She has very good chain of few bad chamchas teachers.Incase any teacher resigns they are not providing relieving letter and also holds the salary as well...They have recruited few coordinators..I mean you can be coordinator if you have good buttering skills even though you don't posses real experience..the coordinators think they are the rule makers ..even though they don't have dress sense and proper behaviorial skill sets...This feedback is a real time experience many of the teachers who joined ..worked.. tortured and forced to resign the job..and the principal pass a message to all teachers that she is terminating teachers who are not abiding her laws...

April 17, 2020

It's a moderate company to work.

They should improve their management. They are very much expert to cut salary for any issue. Salary given to me is too less . Hope for the best for coming session.

April 17, 2020
We, as a responsible international school, aims to create an environment where passionate individuals can bloom to perfection. They can be better role models, and play important roles in shaping up the upcoming generations. So we are always cautious about creating an environment where teachers can whittle their innate talents.We want the best of the best among educators and give market competitive salaries to ensure competence in our hiring pools.

The staff around is very courteous, helpful and its fun working with them.

As a teacher, teaching here is always fun as there are many new things I get to learn as a teacher.New methodologies, new ways and ideas of imparting education in kids is an amazing thing about the place. Workplace and the entire staff are all jolly and fun loving people, thereby its a pleasure working at this place. The hardest part of this place is We are not given the salary that we deserve as per the work load.

good working experience.

I am working since 7 years in this school, I had a very good exposure to new things, learnt a lot, and overall had a nice experience. Overall growth is good but there is very less growth in salary.

April 17, 2020
We, as a responsible international school, aims to create an environment where passionate individuals can bloom to perfection. They can be better role models, and play important roles in shaping up the upcoming generations. So we are always cautious about creating an environment where teachers can whittle their innate talents. Thanks for the feedback,

Not that good

Lots of work No response after applying Less salary 7 hours work Two Saturdays working 5th Saturdays off 10 yearly leaves Lots of activities 5/10

Pros

Ok

Cons

Ok

October 25, 2019
Orchids, as one of the growing International school, always puts additional stress on the development of children into healthy personalities, believes that by appropriately guiding them, we are doing our own part in the creation of a generation of brilliant minds. Orchid's encourages ambitious career driven individuals who want to not just enter the teaching field, but grow themselves and become true role models and champions for the students to imbibe and learn from. We hold our educators to certain standard and expect them to adhere to them - with proper support systems in place to ensure development. We value all our associates who join us and try to provide a secure environment with competitive salaries and contracts. The Orchids family means that every member is cared for and looked after in their unique requirements while being productive members of the family. In addition to that, we want the best of the best among educators and give market competitive salaries to ensure competence in our hiring pools. As we invest in a people environment, one has to divide capability between technical and personal. Interactions are key between multiple stakeholders, and one can not just improve as an isolated party. We encourage networking between everyone as we want to build a people culture.

Salary was not paid on time to teachers. Role of a particular post was not fixed.

Norms and rules with respect to salary and qualifications for a particular teaching post was not followed. Anyone who is ready and capable to teach was asked to teach irrespective of her qualifications.

Pros

Standard work procedure

Cons

SOP was not followed.

July 5, 2019
We want the best of the best among educators and give market competitive salaries to ensure competence in our hiring pools.We are very selective about discovering and nurturing the best talent.

All can be taken if they target on kids education and proper structure education.

Hi, I worked in orchids 2 years back , As a teacher, they don't have teaching standards.They are not well planned with their teaching academics .They keep asking teachers and their friends to write good review about the school which was the worse part to see . They are not bothered to pay the salary for the last month's if we quit. Parents should think before joining their kids to any school is it a right place to study for their kids.

Pros

Except the school building

Cons

Academics, not well organised, no proper payment

July 5, 2019
A perfect ambiance is necessary for the development of an individual. We strive to make that atmosphere here as much as possible, making education an interesting and fun filled activity. Teachers are given much importance here, as they play an important role in nurturing the talents of the children.

waste company

very bad company to work with. they wont allow u to take week off for the first week. u are supposed to work free of cost during training period. without informing u are terminated for no reason.u are not supposed to take a break, 15 min lunch break. cannot go out for lunch. its not working in school, its studying in school. its better to sit at home than working der

Pros

nothing

Cons

no week off, no salary, no job security.

July 5, 2019
As per the educational system followed by international schools such as us, there is a constant need to provide quality education and that requires investment of time and care.We value all our associates who join us and try to provide a secure environment with competitive salaries and contracts. The Orchids family means that every member is cared for and looked after in their unique requirements while being productive members of the family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orchids The International School. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Orchids The International School with