Ordnance Factory

Ordnance Factory Employee Reviews

India17 reviews

I have done internship there in my bachelors and it is a government company which made the defence eqiupment for the Indian Army and it is located in Dehradun, India

Hectic

Now it is corporatised. Heavily understaffed. Worst job culture. No respect for talents. 6 days week. Worst timings. You will feel like your life goes in factory itself.

Pros

OT payment

Cons

An excellent place to Learn and grow

The work culture is excellent in terms of working hours. The office hours start at 7:30 am and end at 5:00 pm. The working environment is very safe and there is a lot to learn for a trainee.

Apprenticeship

It is good platform to learn and development our skills and knowledge. I worked as a design engineer in design and development department. They provide room facilities.

Relaxed Fit

A typical Central government workplace. that lets you do work as well as spend evenings with family. At a group A or B level the pay packages are also good.

Productive and save envoinment

one has to work for 8hrs shift. Management is nice and supportive there. One can easy survive in that job is not at all hard work. atmosphere is very nice in Ordnance Factory.

Fun to work

i worked as an intern over there it is a huge manufacturing company with different environment, they manufacture quite a lot of stuff, i learned many things about manufacturing by working there.

Responsible

Job seekers friendly also best service and some consulting services irretat for new job seekers iam not use primium but lot of vacancies come to privet consultantcy

Pros

Best service

Cons

Other hr consulting services

Amazing workshops

It was a amazing work place with different workshops. The work culture of the company alloys the man & machine to work in full potential. Company has a very dedicated work force toward there goals. The most exhausting days for the workers is the month end when they must have to meet the production targets. each workshop is designed with the specific machines & tools. The most enjoyable and difficult part of the job was to handle the machine tools for flexible production.

Pros

free lunch and very friendly work envoirment

Cons

long hours 24 hour running production

Surrounding Environment looks nice&more over there is lot ,to learn.

Nice company but poor management in handling apprenticeship.There tiffen and lunch cost is too lowas it beneficial to employees&apprentice candidates.

Good Place to do Apprenticeship

Anyone, who want to do apprenticeship in the field of Mechanical Engineering concentrating on Designing, Production, Manufacturing and Maintenance; it is a perfect place to approach. It is very good for Graduates of Mechanical, Production, Automobile Engineering students.

Pros

Good organisation structure and work environment

productive & fun workplace

Supervising &guiding subordinate staff to solve day to day problems arises in mechanical equipment.Managing & solving all types of mechanical problems.Co-workers were intelligent and cooperative

Pros

benefits of job security &plesent atmosfere

Cons

Unexpected duration of working time

production

good working culture.no co operation with higher authorities.bullying by co worker. larger scale industry with any safty percaution

Pros

free lunch

graduate apprentice

1.ordnance factory(OFMK) is the best and good employment factory which is under the ministry of defence. 2.it have a peace full work. 3.it is a environmental free. 4.no harmfull. 5.good employment.

Pros

peace work

worked and trainee

as it is ammunation factory controlled by ministry of defence it was good working experience as trainee engineer of period of one year only.

Cons

To learn more and gain lot of experience in same field

Our organization deals with manufacturing explosive products like Rockets, Propellant, (RDX) Research and Development Explosive also Chemicals used for production. I having my shift duty for 8 hrs in which i'd to keep all fire tenders or trucks in proper working condition, to maintain all equipment , small gears and our B.A set. I get to learn how to work in critical situations and to save life and property at less losses. Our working staffs are not much ambitious due to lack of literacy but fulfill efforts during fire situations. I had attend major fires in which there was five casualty and shifted to hospital in critical condition. During off time we supposed to workout in gym to keep ourselves fit to perform during fire seen, and played games for entertainment. Due to government policy I feel so sad to perform duty with untrained and illiterate persons. My aim is to work with good organization to gain more experience and to develop ourselves to be success in future.

Pros

free house, insurance, allowance, benifit allowances, bonus, free school educations

Cons

8 hrs per day, six day week/ wrk in shift duty

Govt. Organisation

Hard to develop. This is Central Govt./ Organisation.Handling All Stores & Materials management related activities.

Pros

central govt. job

Cons

long hrs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ordnance Factory. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ordnance Factory