PETA

PETA Employee Reviews

Helping others

I chose to volunteer here to help out animals who don't have a voice for them selves. I love helping out those less fortunate. I feel people should not only be kind to each other but also all species on Earth.

Don't

It's run by crazy, incredibly stupid people. They are incredibly unorganized. Most in IT have no idea what they are doing. They have mandatory indoctrination sessions.

Nonprofit

It's nice for a nonprofit in the sense that it gives you a lot of background on what it is like to work for an international company. You can work with management to get exposure to new tasks outside your department. However, their hierarchy is very structured and advancement is rare.

I love working for PETA

PETA is an amazing company to work for and they take very good care of their employees. Even without a paycheck, at the end of every day you feel fulfilled from helping animals in need. PETA has much to offer it's employees, full benefits and more. You are treated as a special individual, you even get a paid holiday for your own birthday! PETA understands the loss of a pet is very important and even offers bereavement time off if needed from the loss of a pet, this really meant a lot to me when my dog passed and I felt so much love and support from my own employer like never before. PETA even offers free counseling to its employees, as working with animals in need can bring some stresses. I have never worked for an employer that cared so much for its workers and I am so grateful for my position with this company. If you are passionate about helping animals in need then this is a great place to work. PETA and all of its supporters, allow us the opportunity to be able to offer help to animals that would not get it otherwise. This in and of itself, is enough for me to know I am where I am supposed to be every day as a PETA employee helping animals in need.

Pros

saving lives of animals in need

Cons

some days are not easy, but every day is completely worth it

Rewarding Career For Those Wanting To Help Animals

I love my position on the mobile clinics at PETA. We really make a difference in reducing the amount of homeless dogs and cats. We are able to provide quality veterinary care to those who otherwise could not afford it. I love going to rural communities and offering free and low cost spay/neuter services. My co workers are wonderful and everyone does their part to make our days go as smooth as possible. And a bonus, I get to cuddle animals all day.

Pros

Offering a much needed service to the community!

Cons

You have to be a self starter and willing to jump in and help where needed.

Very rewarding

I have worked for peta for Many years and there is not a day I do not go home feeling like I made a difference. Working on the clinics is a fun and high energy environment. We come to work to spay and neuter and to end the over population problem in Hampton Roads!

Toxic and extremely stressful.

I would not recommend the mobile clinic at PETA to anyone for a job it is extremely stressful the hours are extremely grueling and you find yourself coming home more exhausted than you have ever been. This is also not a job for anyone who has a life outside of work or wants a life outside of work you are expected to be at work for unrealistic frames. What you see in the public eye of PETA is not what you’ll see after working for them!

Free Concerts Little Pay

The concerts are a fun experience and free. It's fun to educate others about the vegan lifestyle, but you don't get paid very much. They don't pay you in full until you are fully trained (3 shows), so don't waist time training at a festival or long show because you won't get paid as much as a trained person anyway. Shows aren't as available to work at in your state, so this is not a practical job. The say that if there are no shows to work in your state, you can post flyers at events/vegan restaurants/stores in your area, but when asked about doing this, the supervisor ignores your question.

great

saving animals and talking to kids about how to treat animals with the love and respect they deserve! best job anyone could ever ask for honestly! would recommend

PETA is a great company to work with!

Extraordinary staff! They are all really hard workers who are trying to fight for animal rights worldwide. They sincerely care about their cause and it's a privilege to be involved in their great work.

A great work place

working at this company is easy I love the friendly environment and the most enjoyable part at this job is when Iam helping the customer and management is very respectful and well organized and I like that Iam Willing to learn everything on the store. A typical day at peta go so fast because of the great day I be having at peta

Great environment and friendly staff. The staff is driven and passionate and it showed in the work environment. You are able to support multiple offices across the country and city.

Great cause

Advocate a vegan lifestyle, explain the benefits of this diet. Show people the ethical perspective of going vegan. Maintain a positive attitude in tough crowds.

Toxic work environment

Along with normal factors that go into a stressful work environment - high work load, unreasonable expectations from managers, not feeling appreciated - the environment at the PETA HQ is the least professional environment I have ever worked in - mostly due to the high drama that comes with coworkers dating each other and taking it out on others. Would not recommend working at the Norfolk office or in the Campaigns department in general.

A great place to work if you're young and energetic

Compensation is low, but consider the purpose you're serving. Employees there are friendly, high energy, and passionate. A real sense of community within the workplace.

Pros

Awesome staff meetings, doing good deeds, oatmeal buffet on tuesdays!

Cons

Stressful content

I love peta

They are such a fun company to work for. I would recommend this job to anyone. Great atmosphere and such meaningful work. I absolutely loved working for this company.

Pros

Save animals

Cons

Have to deal with carnists

tech

its great thank you so much you all are so kind thank you so much for all you do out there so much., all is good we are so thank ful for al you do the paper work and tech is great all year round.

Pros

great performance

Cons

only if not working

Fun and exciting Workplace

Typical day at work was on your terms and planned by you. After training and voluntary hours we just got on with coaching the kids and setting up clubs. We also hellped out at Sports days and school trip aswel. We were managed well partaking in paid courses to advance our skills and meeting monthly.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

payslips

Conquering the world

This internship was nothing but amazing and rewarding. The day-to-day was very similar and got to build an understanding of how to operate in a small team.

paid internship

I loved this experience as a tour member. I was abled to travel around the country and meet great people while doing my internship. I also stay and awesome hotels and eat really good food all with the help of PETA. this tour changed my life.

Support this charity with monetary support

PETA is a wonderful part of the nation that supports and helps the wildlife that people forget about and also help the people that cannot afford housing or food for their animals.

Pros

That I am able to contribute to the causes that help animals

Cons

that there is more I could help with and can't

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PETA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare PETA with